Meet My Boyfriend

I always have been a big fan of the over-sized, “boyfriend” clothing for women – from jeans to tops, there’s nothing more comfortable or effortlessly chic than looking like you just threw on one of your man’s button-down shirts. This outfit in particular is one of my favorites – I never will get tired of pairing chambray on denim and adding a touch of girlishness to an otherwise androgynous outfit with a pair of printed smoking flats and silver bar drop earrings.

We also need to take a minute to discuss these boyfriend jeans from Lee – I am completely obsessed! They are a curvy fit, which means that they are a classic midrise in the front but slightly higher in the back, making for an ultra-flattering cut for us ladies that are a tad self-conscious about the bottom portion of the body. I’ve never worn a more comfortable or flattering pair of boyfriend jeans, and I especially love that they aren’t baggy in the thigh or, ahem, crotch area. I can still feel and look like a put-together woman while enjoying the comfort of a pair of men’s style pants – that’s what I call #winning.

top: Old Navy | jeans: Lee c/o (similar) | shoes: Adrienne Vittadini (similar) | watch: Daniel Wellington c/o | earrings: LC Lauren Conrad (save, splurge)
Shop the post
!function(doc,s,id){ var e, p; if(!doc.getElementById(id)) { e     = doc.createElement(s); e.id  = id; p = ‘//shopsensewidget.shopstyle.com/widget-script.js’; var cb = new Date().getTime(); p += ‘?cb=’ + cb; e.src = p; doc.body.appendChild(e); } if(typeof window.ss_shopsense === ‘object’){ if(doc.readyState === ‘complete’){ window.ss_shopsense.init(); } } }(document, ‘script’, ‘shopsensewidget-script’);
Linking up with the ladies at The Creative Closet

1. Those jeans are perfect and I really like the whole look.

Posted 10.5.15 Reply

Your skin is seriously glowing, you look so so pretty! I’ve actually never tried boyfriend jeans – I’ve always thought that they wouldn’t really do well on my shape, but the cut of those sounds amazing! I wish we had that store in Canada so I could try a pair on!

Posted 10.2.15 Reply
  3. This is such a great, classic look! Finding good jeans can be such a challenge, but these are fantastic! Boyfriend jeans are tricky–I still haven’t found a pair that I love. I may have to check out Lee, I’m pleasantly surprised!

Posted 9.29.15 Reply
    • Yes, you totally should check them out! I was surprised, too (I thought they mainly were for women my mom’s age), but they fit like a glove.

Posted 10.1.15 Reply
  4. Those jeans are brilliant! 😀

5. Emily Dunham wrote:

Love everything about this look! I definitely need to try them out myself!

6. Jessica wrote:

Just the perfect outfit & I wish they made them in petite! Would love for you to stop by my latest!
    xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

Posted 9.29.15 Reply
  7. Love this look on you girl! I need to branch out of my comfort zone, and finally pick up a pair of boyfriend jeans <3

Green Fashionista

Posted 9.29.15 Reply
  8. i love these!! i recently bought a pair from old navy so i will be strong and not also buy these, but these look way better than mine haha. i like that they are making more fitted boyfriend jeans now, i kept trying them over the years and couldn’t stand how baggy they were everywhere. i used to wear my brothers jeans when i was 16-17, i don’t need to relive that!

Posted 9.29.15 Reply
    • Haha, you crack me up! No, let’s not go back to wearing our brother’s jeans. 🙂 I bet the Old Navy pair that you got are great, I love their denim.

Posted 10.1.15 Reply
  9. I liked how you contrasted the boyfriend jeans with those fab leopard flats. I still haven’t found a pair of BF jeans that look good on me or that I don’t have to wear heels with lol

Posted 9.29.15 Reply

Fabulous! I’m a big fan of boyfriend shirts and am on the hunt for a pair of boyfriend jeans at the moment!

Posted 9.29.15 Reply
  11. You look fabulous! And yes to boyfriend jeans, I really need to invest in a pair!

Posted 9.29.15 Reply
  12. Yessss ma’am- so relaxed and comfy, but still super cute. Looking good, doll!

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

Posted 9.29.15 Reply
  13. Such a cute look on you!! Love those flats too! I was just thinking yesterday about how I’d love a pair of leopard flats. I think that the tighter boyfriend jean ( or girlfriend style which may just be an Evereve term haha) is very flattering on you too. Sadly I don’t have the right body type for those type of jeans though. :-/ Those KUT jeans that you linked are cute too, we sell a lot of those at work. 🙂

Posted 9.29.15 Reply
    • Thanks, girl! I think these technically are more of a “girlfriend” jean, so don’t worry – I know the terminology that you’re referring to. 🙂

Posted 10.1.15 Reply
  14. Pinky wrote:

I’ve yet to find a boyfriend shirt that I like, yours is pretty fabulous.

Posted 9.29.15 Reply

A really cute look, the leopard flats add the perfect touch for Fall! I swear by Lee jeans, they just fit the best!

16. Jenn wrote:

You look great! I love how crisp that shirt looks–the whole outfit is a nice transition outfit for Fall! And I love those leopard flats that you paired with it all, too! 🙂

Posted 9.29.15 Reply

Love this look! I can’t pull off the boyfriend jeans but you totally rock them!
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

Posted 9.29.15 Reply
  18. Suce a casual cute outfit!

Her Heartland Soul

Posted 9.29.15 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. 😂❤️ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. 💁🏼‍♀️ #thursdayvibes #loveloft