Backyard BBQ Style

There’s nothing I look more forward to during the summer months than a good ‘ol fashion backyard barbecue with family and/or friends. I was lucky enough to host my own for Father’s Day at the beginning of the summer, and this past weekend we attended a cookout at my uncle’s house on Saturday and hosted our own get together with my in-laws on Sunday.

With the temperatures well into the 90’s – hello, sweat – and outrageous humidity levels, I knew a sundress was going to be my outfit of choice for being outside this weekend. I hadn’t yet had a chance to wear this LC Lauren Conrad dress from her Minnie Mouse collection, but I thought a family cookout was the perfect opportunity since the navy and white polka dots and gross grain ribbon detail just scream summer picnic to me. Complete with my favorite-of-the-moment white sandals and woven clutch, I was ready to stuff myself full of food and also keep cool.

dress: LC Lauren Conrad Minnie Mouse Collection (similar & similar) | white sandals: Target | clutch: Target | silver drop earrings: Really old (similar) | pearl chain bracelet: American Eagle, really old (similar)

Shop this post:
!function(doc,s,id){ var e, p; if(!doc.getElementById(id)) { e     = doc.createElement(s); e.id  = id; p = ‘//shopsensewidget.shopstyle.com/widget-script.js’; var cb = new Date().getTime(); p += ‘?cb=’ + cb; e.src = p; doc.body.appendChild(e); } if(typeof window.ss_shopsense === ‘object’){ if(doc.readyState === ‘complete’){ window.ss_shopsense.init(); } } }(document, ‘script’, ‘shopsensewidget-script’);
 Linking up with the ladies at the Creative Closet
Disclaimer | We took these photos approximately 15 minutes
before a massive tornado-potential storm hit our area on top of me running on a minimal amount of sleep in 48 hours. Forgive me for
the lack of quantity (and quality …) of the photos.

1. 8.5.15

I just adore you and your style. This dress is so perfect on you – you are like a Lauren Conrad twin! Totally perfect outdoor, Summer style! And perfect for this heat that’s like WHOA!

2. 8.4.15
    Christina Sotherden said:

I so love the blue/white style and especially the stripes at the bottom of the dress – fantastic look and tornado/lack of sleep doesn’t phase you because you look great in the look! The clutch is so summery as well.

• 8.10.15

Haha, I’m glad that I didn’t show my lack of sleep too much in these photos! It was way worse in person. 🙂

3. 8.4.15

Love that Lauren Conrad dress – it looks fab on you, girl!!

4. 8.4.15

Oooh I love this! SO perfect for a backyard gathering. It’s so classy but fresh. XO -Alexandra

Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

5. 8.4.15
    Nadia said:

This dress is so sweet, I love how it’s a little bit longer than the traditional sun dress! I would have never known that there was a storm on it’s way, the photos are great! Stay safe & dry!

6. 8.4.15

Love this dress! Perfect summer BBQ style!:)

7. 8.4.15

oh my. that dress is the most adorable thing i have ever seen and i need it in my life. your disclaimer made me laugh, this post and the photos are fabulous! you’d never know 😉

8. 8.4.15
    Patricia Blaj said:

That’s the perfect backyard barbeque outfit, especially when the temperature’s in the 90s. You look gorgeous!

Fashionably,

Patricia

9. 8.4.15

There you go again with those fabulous sandals. Love that dress on you and your disclaimer, lol I feel like I need to put those on some of my posts *disclaimer….writing this at 1am please apologize for any grammatical errors* would be mine most of the time

• 8.10.15

Haha, right?! I feel like most of my posts need a disclaimer, but I guess I looked worse in person than the photos portrayed. Just wanted to let you all know. 🙂

10. 8.4.15

Absolutely LOVING this dress on you girl, perfect for summer outdoor shindigs 🙂

11. 8.4.15
    Ashley said:

Your disclaimer made me laugh! You look beautiful silly girl!

12. 8.4.15

I love that there is a Minnie Mouse collection! This looks great on you, and perfect for this hea we’ve been having!

• 8.10.15

Thanks, girl! And, I know – most of the other pieces in the collection were way too young for my taste, but I couldn’t resist this dress.

13. 8.4.15

Backyard BBQ perfection! This dress looks adorable on you! Wouldn’t have ever guessed you were running low on sleep 🙂

14. 8.4.15

Perfect dress for summer!! So cute on you too. 🙂

15. 8.4.15

Cutest dress ever!

16. 8.4.15
    Debra Stachelski said:

Such a cute dress on you, it was perfect for the party on Saturday! Another LC winner!

17. 8.4.15
    Jenn said:

You are just adorable! This would definitely be perfect for a backyard BBQ, or a trip to the wineries…anything! 🙂

18. 8.4.15

Perfect breezy dress for a BBQ!

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

19. 8.4.15

You look gorgeous! Such a cute dress!

xo Southern Style

20. 8.4.15
    mdb0112 said:

Great dress! I love LC & her collections. http://www.champagneandsuburbs.com

21. 8.4.15
    Biana Perez said:

I love the length on the dress – it’s so different and fun!! Of course she has an amazing collection and you look gorgeous in the dress! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

22. 8.4.15
    Pinky said:

Love the detail on the dress, LC is just amazing, right?!?! What a cute piece from her collection!

23. 8.4.15
    Pamela said:

You look so cute in this! Love everything about it!! I still need that clutch too haha!

Sequins & Sea Breezes

24. 8.4.15

Very cute! What a perfect BBQ look!

Her Heartland Soul