Who Lives In a Pineapple Under the Sea?

I long have been admiring and loving all the pineapple print clothing and accessories that have been all over the place this summer. So, when I came across this tank that had a large, sequined-covered pineapple graphic on it, I knew I finally had to cave in to the trend and purchase this winner.

Well, my excitement was short-lived and quickly turned to embarrassment. As I was checking out, the store employee kindly exclaimed, “This reminds me of Spongebob Squarepants!” I’ll leave it to your imagination to conjure up an image of me giving polite, but sarcastic silent side-eye. Alas, I still left with the top, but now I can’t seem to stop humming the Spongebob theme song whenever I look at it.

pineapple tank: Apt. 9 | denim jacket: SONOMA life & style | white denim shorts: Banana Republic | sandals: Payless, really old (similar) | tote: Old Navy (similar) | earrings: Target (similar)

Shop the look:
!function(doc,s,id){ var e, p; if(!doc.getElementById(id)) { e     = doc.createElement(s); e.id  = id; p = ‘//shopsensewidget.shopstyle.com/widget-script.js’; var cb = new Date().getTime(); p += ‘?cb=’ + cb; e.src = p; doc.body.appendChild(e); } if(typeof window.ss_shopsense === ‘object’){ if(doc.readyState === ‘complete’){ window.ss_shopsense.init(); } } }(document, ‘script’, ‘shopsensewidget-script’);

1. 7.15.15

Stop. People should keep their opinions to themselves right? I love how you styled this with the light chambray jacket and that blush tote! Perfection!

2. 7.15.15
    Christina Sotherden said:

Haha I can't believe they said that – I would so not think that seeing a fabulous pineapple BUT it does make for a great story! Love this top and the whole pineapple trend!

3. 7.14.15
    The Adored Life said:

People. Are. The. Stupidest. Thing. Ever. I bet animals are really pissed we go ahead of them in the food chain.

4. 7.14.15

I read your blog post title and was stumped for a second but was like, "Wait I know this!" Then the answer came to me!! haha I love that top and think you look super cute in this outfit!

Her Heartland Soul

5. 7.14.15

Ohhhh people who have no style yet still make comments! I think the shirt is adorable and i walked past it in Kohls, turned around to look at it but couldn't bring myself to buy it because it wasn't on sale. But you're rockin' it and I wish I had it sitting in my closet also.

6. 7.14.15

What a super cute outfit! Perfect for summer 🙂

7. 7.14.15
    Pinky said:

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!

8. 7.14.15
    Mia- MakeMeUpMia said:

Store employee be cray cray 😉 NOT spongebob at all…. Love it!

9. 7.14.15

Sponge Bob? I think not! Lol this is super chic – love the entire outfit!
    xo Emily

10. 7.14.15

Totally not sponge bob at all! I think it's super cute! Loving the Old Navy bag, I just scored the similar mint Target bag that you shared in one of your posts awhile back on clearance!

11. 7.14.15

Oh my gosh, haha! Not Spongebob related AT ALL – that is so funny! I think it's super cute, I'm all about the pineapples this summer!

12. 7.14.15

So cute- I love pineapple-anything for summer. 🙂

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

13. 7.14.15

I just showed this to Chris and he even said that this does not make him think of Spongebob!!! Geez. I would never say that to a customer at our store either. Anyways… I love your whole outfit and that shirt is SO cute. I hope that you have been enjoying this fab weather too!! 🙂

14. 7.14.15
    Biana Perez said:

I can't see anything sponge bob about it lol!!! I love the shorter denim jacket with the shirt too! Super cute girl! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

15. 7.14.15
    Jenn said:

Love the pineapple trend, and this top is such a fun, cute option! Loved the title of the post–it made me laugh 🙂
    (And I agree with Pamela about Spongebob lol)

16. 7.14.15
    Pamela said:

That top is SO cute! The checkout person is crazy, Sponge Bob would never live in a pineapple that fancy! 😉

Sequins & Sea Breezes