Things That Thrill Me

Annie won my heart this week when she shared her recipe for slow cooker eggplant Parmesan – eggplant is one of my very favorite foods, and I’m never one to turn down the easiness of making a meal in the slow cooker!

Any dog owner will love this list of must-have apps for dogs – I downloaded nearly the entirely list.

You all probably have figured out by now that I’m convinced that
Julia can do no wrong when it comes to putting together an outfit – this
casual white tee and flared jeans look is no exception.

While we don’t plan to tackle backyard projects and renovations this season, it never hurts to look for inspiration – I’m loving the simplicity and renovated deck rails in this backyard.

I’ve long been a sucker for the full midi tulle skirts that have come
on the scene in the past couple years. This one is styled to
perfection, and for the $20 price tag, I may just have to add it to my closet.

Since we’ll soon be basking in the glory of all things rum in Puerto
Rico (hello, Bacardi tour!), I see no harm in starting the party a few
months early – these mixed berry rum slushies look positively delicious and refreshing.

A lightweight collared button-down and denim shorts is basically the quintessential summer outfit – I am in love with this outfit from head to toe.  (Psst: the shirt is part of the Nordstrom sale!)

During the summer months, Ryan and I constantly have a craving for Mexican food; however, as we all know, that isn’t always good for our waistlines. I’d love to try this lighter version of a fiesta chicken bowl at homebonus that you make it in the slow cooker!

Now that we’ve officially started to tackle sprucing up our entryway
(pictures coming soon of the black front door!), I’m hoping to also jazz up our stairway – this is pretty much what I hope it turns out like.

1. 7.21.15
    mdb0112 said:

That skirt for $20?? OMG yes. And that crockpot recipe is my favorite! Love all those pup apps too! http://www.champagneandsuburbs.com

2. 7.20.15

Sure!! Haha. Or you can take a little trip here and we can meet and I'll give you some! πŸ™‚

3. 7.20.15

oh that skirt is $20?! thats amazing. gorgeous colour as well. i love eggplant parmesan – so good! will have to try it in the crock pot.

4. 7.20.15

Ughhhhh Mark has been buying eggplant lately and not cooking it correctly hahahaha I am going to forward him that recipe because maybe it will be more edible then thanks girl! πŸ˜‰

5. 7.20.15
    Molly Middleton said:

All of those things are pretty much up my alley also!!

6. 7.20.15

Glad you found it helpful!

7. 7.20.15

Absolutely – I love slow cooker meals, too because you really don't have to think too hard about it. Just dump everything in, turn it on, and you're good to go!

8. 7.20.15

Yes! Perfect weekend drink. πŸ™‚

9. 7.20.15

Thanks, lady! Hope you had a nice weekend!

10. 7.20.15

I agree – so fun and chic!

11. 7.20.15

Thanks, girl! Those are on the menu this week, they look so good.

12. 7.20.15

I can't wait to make that recipe!

13. 7.20.15

I'd have nowhere to wear it either, but I feel like it would make me smile whenever I see it in my closet. It's the little things in life, right?

14. 7.20.15

Absolutely, I was amazed at all the apps available for us dog owners.

15. 7.20.15

Yeah, girl! Glad that was a good recipe for you guys. πŸ™‚

16. 7.20.15

The pup apps are SO good!

17. 7.20.15

Hopefully you find the dog apps helpful – I sure did!

18. 7.20.15

I know you love that blog!

19. 7.20.15

I'm so jealous! Please send some of the eggplant my way. πŸ™‚

20. 7.20.15

I so agree!

21. 7.20.15

I agree about the skirt!

22. 7.20.15

Girl, you definitely know how the house stuff goes – I feel like I've been promising progress/update posts for months, but I just can't seem to get myself to do it until I have everything just right. We'll get there … eventually. πŸ™‚

23. 7.20.15

I'm the same way – I probably would have nowhere to wear it, but it's just so Carrie Bradshaw and hard to resist!

24. 7.20.15
    Tori said:

Ok that must have apps for dogs page has me glued–my pups thank you hehe πŸ™‚

Tori

FashionBlingGirlyThings

25. 7.18.15
    Nadia said:

Definitely pinning those slow cooker meals. I haven't really tried any slow cooker recipes except pulled pork but they always sound like they'd be perfect for having dinner ready as soon as I come home from the office/gym!

26. 7.17.15

That slow cooker eggplant parm definitely looked amazing, now I'm totally craving it! And mixed berry rum slushies? YUM! Just in time for the weekend πŸ™‚

Happy Friday!

27. 7.17.15
    Rachel Emily said:

Mixed berry rum slushies sounds right up my alley!! Happy Friday girl!

28. 7.17.15
    Jessica said:

I'm all about the full midi skirt I'm glad it's not going out of style anytime soon!

xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

29. 7.17.15
    Ashley T said:

Your recipe picks are always on point. Those fiesta bowls– yes please!

30. 7.16.15

Have SO much fun in Puerto Rico! Ahh take me with you!

That chicken and rice bowl looks delicious!!

Her Heartland Soul

31. 7.16.15

That stairway looks cool. Can't wait to see a house update! Love the tulle skirts. I hope you get one! I'd have nowhere to wear it to. πŸ™

32. 7.16.15

I'm off to check out that dog app must-download list! I have 3 rat terriers, so I'm sure I can find something that'll come in handy. πŸ™‚

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

33. 7.16.15
    Mia- MakeMeUpMia said:

Just pinned that light fiesta chicken bowl recipe and added it to my meal plan for next week. Mexican dishes are our #1 and that is a healthy one πŸ™‚ Score! Thanks for sharing

34. 7.16.15

Loving the outfits – Julia's flare jeans make me want to get a pair of my own and I totally ordered that blue & white striped shirt from the Anniversary sale after Caitlin's post! Off to check out the pup apps!

35. 7.16.15

I'm totally checking out those apps for dogs! Also loving that stairway!!
    xo Emily

36. 7.16.15
    Debra Stachelski said:

I love that deck and backyard as well, in fact I love everything at her blog! I'm thrilled to see all of you tomorrow and then start vacation Saturday!

37. 7.16.15

Love those outfits and that food looks delicious!! We're growing mini eggplant so I'm looking forward to making some fun stuff with it. πŸ™‚ Have a great day today!!! πŸ™‚

38. 7.16.15
    Pinky said:

Tulle skirts are so much fun!!!

39. 7.16.15
    Biana Perez said:

$20 for that skirt and I love that it isn't too poofy!!! So pretty! Sign me up for all the food in this post girl!!! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

40. 7.16.15
    Jenn said:

Run slushies? Yes please! The collared shirt looks super cute and comfy, too!
    Cant wait to see your updates to the house! Hope they are going ok–I know they can be a big project sometimes πŸ™‚

41. 7.16.15
    Pamela said:

Love the white tee and jeans look! So classic! And I've been on the hunt for a tulle skirt I've just been nervous to get one because I feel like I'll never wear it haha! That one is super cute though and the price point is perfect!

Sequins & Sea Breezes