7.27.15 33

Lately …

{Hair blowing in the lake breeze – this photo also was featured on the LC Lauren Conrad Instagram account!}

{Weeknight date night}

{Front yard flower bed in full bloom}

{Gentlemanly manners at Nana’s house}

{The perfect summer dress from the Tommy Hilfiger outlet store}

{Progress on our black front door while Finn supervises}

{Fresh blonde highlights}

{Rolling around in the grass}

{Visiting the two cutest kids in town}

{Me and my sister cheering my brother on at a triathlon}

{My brother entering the run with a waiting high-five from Ryan}

{Celebrating my childhood best friend at her bridal shower}

Happy Monday, all! I hope everybody had a good weekend. I’ve been on the road nearly every weekend this month, so here’s a little peek at what I’ve been up to. As always, be sure to follow along on Instagram @msinthemidwest for my latest snaps and adventures!

1. Sarah Sullivan wrote:

Love that pic of us!!! I will be missing you at the wedding!

Published 8.31.15
  2. That blue and white dress is adorable, I love it! I’ve always dreamed of a black door, it looks great! Xo, Stephanie

Published 7.29.15
  3. Loving all of the Finn pictures! And how cool that the LC Instagram featured you – you look amazing, especially with the new highlights!

Published 7.27.15
    • Finn sure does love to have his photo taken! 🙂 Thanks, girl – it was super fun to be on her account!

Published 7.29.15
  4. Hey gorgeous!! What a beautiful top! Is it still available at Kohls?

Her Heartland Soul

5. Ashley wrote:

Your highlights look fantastic friend!

Published 7.27.15

That dress seriously is the perfect summer piece. It’s such a pretty shape and pattern, it could so easily be dressed up or down! You look gorgeous as always, and little (maybe not so litle anymore) Finn is just the cutest!

• Nadia wrote:

P.S. Congrats on being featured on the LC insta – what great exposure!!

Published 7.27.15
      • You are so sweet, thank you! I like to think that Finn is still little, so we’ll just stick with that. 🙂

Published 7.27.15
  7. Your highlights came out great, nothing like a fresh “do”! And how awesome that you were featured on LC’s instagram… LOVE her!

Published 7.27.15
  8. Love the post with the LC top, how fun that it was featured on Instagram!! That Tommy Hilfiger dress is super cute too!

Published 7.27.15
  9. That first pic is so pretty! Yay for home updates. Hope you had a fab weekend, lady!

Published 7.27.15

Loved this post today, so many special moments! I can see why LC featured that photo, absolutely gorgeous pic!

Published 7.27.15

Oh my gosh – how awesome that you were featured on the Lauren Conrad instagram account – I just clicked on to see – you’re famous!! But seriously, that photo is quite fabulous of you! Love weeknight dates, your flowers are looking fantastic and Finn is so cute an proper! The black front door is looking fabulous and it looks like you guys have been up to so much fun summer goodness!

Published 7.27.15
    • Haha, far from famous, but it is fun to see my photo on her account. 🙂 We definitely have been trying to squeeze in as much fun as we can given how busy we’ve been!

Published 7.27.15

I love the black door on the inside you guys are doing – can’t wait to see the final product! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Published 7.27.15
  13. That Tommy dress is perfect for summer!! Loving your new hair!! Happy Monday!

Published 7.27.15
  14. Your flowers look great!! Love that romper and that top in your first photo too. Fun pictures of Finley too he is so cute. Congrats to your brother too, that is great!! Hope that you guys had a nice weekend too. 🙂

Published 7.27.15
    • Thank you! I’ll pass the message along to my brother – he does Ironman triathlons and everything, so this one in our hometown was basically a piece of cake for him lol

Published 7.27.15
  15. love the fresh hi lights! getting your hair done always puts me in a good mood. congrats on the lc mention–awesome! that dress is an excellent find. and look at your brother–he rocked it!

Published 7.27.15
    • Thanks, friend! I was so excited to find that dress because I had been looking for something for a bridal shower that weekend – can’t beat $26 when it originally was $90!

16. Jenn wrote:

The front door looks awesome!! I love your sweater/top in the first picture 🙂
    Good for your brother–triathalon?? That’s awesome!

Published 7.27.15
    • My brother does Ironman triathlons, so this local one in our hometown was a breeze for him – he’s basically a beast lol. Happy Monday, girlfriend! Bachelorette finale tonight!

Published 7.27.15

Congrats on being featured on LC’s Instagram! SO cool! Glad you had a good weekend and loving the fresh blonde highlights, so pretty!

Sequins & Sea Breezes