Kimono Cool

Hello, all! I hope everybody had a fun and festive long, holiday weekend.

I first started to experiment with kimonos last summer (see how I styled one here), and it’s safe to say that my love for them has continued into this season. They are a lightweight, flowy version of a blazer, and they can be worn in multiple ways – either dressed up, casual or even as a bathing suit coverup at the beach or pool.

This one in particular was a recent killer clearance find – the soft pastel colors and flowy, bell-shaped sleeves are what sold me on it, and at a whopping $8, I figured I couldn’t go wrong.

kimono: LC Lauren Conrad (similar & similar) | chiffon cami: Apt. 9 (exact) | pink skinnies: Old Navy (similar & similar) | flats: LC Lauren Conrad (exact) | nameplate necklace: childhood gift | rhinestone lariat: LC Lauren Conrad (similar & similar)
Shop the look:
!function(doc,s,id){ var e, p; if(!doc.getElementById(id)) { e     = doc.createElement(s); e.id  = id; p = ‘//shopsensewidget.shopstyle.com/widget-script.js’; var cb = new Date().getTime(); p += ‘?cb=’ + cb; e.src = p; doc.body.appendChild(e); } if(typeof window.ss_shopsense === ‘object’){ if(doc.readyState === ‘complete’){ window.ss_shopsense.init(); } } }(document, ‘script’, ‘shopsensewidget-script’);
Linking up with:

1. 7.9.15

Thanks, Jana! xo

2. 7.9.15

Me too! That's the best way to dress during the summer.

3. 7.9.15

Thank you! 🙂

4. 7.9.15

Thank you!

5. 7.9.15

Haha, I remember that from last summer! They are just so easy, breezy to wear – love them. And, hopefully Kohl's follows through on that message!

6. 7.9.15

Thank you!

7. 7.9.15

You're so sweet, thanks friend! I've thought about making my own kimono, too – I would love if you shared yours if you do!

8. 7.9.15

They are such a versatile piece to have in your closet!

9. 7.9.15

Right? I couldn't agree more!

10. 7.9.15

Thank you!

11. 7.8.15

That color blue is so gorgeous on you, Karly! I love the crisp white you paired it with, too!

12. 7.8.15
    Debra Stachelski said:

So cute and it looks very comfortable! I'm all about comfort these days!

13. 7.8.15
    Stephanie Chalk said:

I have to get my hands on a kimono now, I love it! What a great outfit! Xo, Stephanie

14. 7.8.15

That is such a gorgeous blue kimono. I love that you paired it with white, too.

15. 7.8.15

You are totally responsible for turning me onto kimonos and now I have a handful in my closet, I love them! They are such an easy way to transform an outfit, and PS I totally saw Kohl's comment/share on your instagram, how cool!!

16. 7.8.15

That is my jam! Haha. I layer them all of the time. 🙂

17. 7.8.15

The colors in that print are so pretty – I love that you let them pop against a backdrop of all white!

18. 7.7.15
    Nadia said:

All of these soft colours really bring out your eyes! For some reason I have such a hard time finding summer staples – maxis, white jeans and kimonos that are flattering on me must be hiding somewhere. I'm really considering making my own this summer if I can find a fabric I love!

19. 7.7.15
    Robin G. said:

I just shared my floral kimono look on the blog as well! You are so right, you can wear them in many different ways!

Penn&Quill || Robin

20. 7.7.15
    Ashley T said:

I have a serious love for kimonos! This one is so pretty and a steal for that price!

21. 7.7.15
    Jess said:

Nice find for $8!! Looks lovely!

22. 7.7.15

Thank you! Nothing better than a good clearance find.

23. 7.7.15

You're so sweet, thanks!

24. 7.7.15

Thank you!

25. 7.7.15

Thanks, lady! I know, certain ones can look weird on – it definitely takes some searching to find the right one!

26. 7.7.15

I really couldn't leave it on the clearance rack for that price!

27. 7.7.15

Thank you! I've been very into layering all my delicate necklaces lately. 🙂

28. 7.7.15

Thanks, Kristen!

29. 7.7.15

You totally should!

30. 7.7.15

Thanks, Ashley!

31. 7.7.15

Right?! I couldn't pass it up!

32. 7.7.15

Thanks, lady!

33. 7.7.15

Looks great, I agree that you can't go wrong with $8!

Mimi & Chichi

34. 7.7.15

That color blue looks amazing on you! You look super cute!

Her Heartland Soul
    herheartlandsoul.com

35. 7.7.15
    Lauren Scorzafava said:

You look gorgeous! I love this look!

xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

36. 7.7.15
    Christina Sotherden said:

I have always wanted a kimono but just never found one in the stores that I liked – this one is perfect though, I love all the colors and you cannot beat $8!! Love this look.

37. 7.7.15

I love kimonos! I can't believe you got his for $8! Love how you styled it!
    xo Emily

38. 7.7.15

Looks great on you!! I also love how you layered your necklaces. I hope that you had a nice weekend too!! 🙂

39. 7.7.15

what a bargain! can't go wrong with $8. the colour is gorgeous and i love the way you paired it with all white.

40. 7.7.15
    Biana Perez said:

I don't think I've ever worn a kimono, but if I can find one like yours I totally will!! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

41. 7.7.15

I am still totally into kimonos this year…that blue one is such a steal at that price!

42. 7.7.15
    Jenn said:

Ive seen some super cute kimonos lately online but can never find any cute ones in the stores. You look great in yours!!