Kimono Cool

Hello, all! I hope everybody had a fun and festive long, holiday weekend.

I first started to experiment with kimonos last summer (see how I styled one here), and it’s safe to say that my love for them has continued into this season. They are a lightweight, flowy version of a blazer, and they can be worn in multiple ways – either dressed up, casual or even as a bathing suit coverup at the beach or pool.

This one in particular was a recent killer clearance find – the soft pastel colors and flowy, bell-shaped sleeves are what sold me on it, and at a whopping $8, I figured I couldn’t go wrong.

kimono: LC Lauren Conrad (similar & similar) | chiffon cami: Apt. 9 (exact) | pink skinnies: Old Navy (similar & similar) | flats: LC Lauren Conrad (exact) | nameplate necklace: childhood gift | rhinestone lariat: LC Lauren Conrad (similar & similar)
Shop the look:
!function(doc,s,id){ var e, p; if(!doc.getElementById(id)) { e     = doc.createElement(s); e.id  = id; p = ‘//shopsensewidget.shopstyle.com/widget-script.js’; var cb = new Date().getTime(); p += ‘?cb=’ + cb; e.src = p; doc.body.appendChild(e); } if(typeof window.ss_shopsense === ‘object’){ if(doc.readyState === ‘complete’){ window.ss_shopsense.init(); } } }(document, ‘script’, ‘shopsensewidget-script’);
Linking up with:

1. Thanks, Jana! xo

Posted 7.9.15 Reply
  2. Me too! That's the best way to dress during the summer.

Posted 7.9.15 Reply
  3. Thank you! 🙂

Posted 7.9.15 Reply
  4. Thank you!

Posted 7.9.15 Reply
  5. Haha, I remember that from last summer! They are just so easy, breezy to wear – love them. And, hopefully Kohl's follows through on that message!

Posted 7.9.15 Reply
  6. Thank you!

Posted 7.9.15 Reply
  7. You're so sweet, thanks friend! I've thought about making my own kimono, too – I would love if you shared yours if you do!

Posted 7.9.15 Reply
  8. They are such a versatile piece to have in your closet!

Posted 7.9.15 Reply
  9. Right? I couldn't agree more!

Posted 7.9.15 Reply
  10. Thank you!

Posted 7.9.15 Reply
  11. That color blue is so gorgeous on you, Karly! I love the crisp white you paired it with, too!

Posted 7.8.15 Reply

So cute and it looks very comfortable! I'm all about comfort these days!

Posted 7.8.15 Reply
  13. Stephanie Chalk wrote:

I have to get my hands on a kimono now, I love it! What a great outfit! Xo, Stephanie

Posted 7.8.15 Reply
  14. That is such a gorgeous blue kimono. I love that you paired it with white, too.

Posted 7.8.15 Reply
  15. You are totally responsible for turning me onto kimonos and now I have a handful in my closet, I love them! They are such an easy way to transform an outfit, and PS I totally saw Kohl's comment/share on your instagram, how cool!!

Posted 7.8.15 Reply
  16. That is my jam! Haha. I layer them all of the time. 🙂

Posted 7.8.15 Reply
  17. The colors in that print are so pretty – I love that you let them pop against a backdrop of all white!

Posted 7.8.15 Reply

All of these soft colours really bring out your eyes! For some reason I have such a hard time finding summer staples – maxis, white jeans and kimonos that are flattering on me must be hiding somewhere. I'm really considering making my own this summer if I can find a fabric I love!

19. Robin G. wrote:

I just shared my floral kimono look on the blog as well! You are so right, you can wear them in many different ways!

Penn&Quill || Robin

20. Ashley T wrote:

I have a serious love for kimonos! This one is so pretty and a steal for that price!

21. Jess wrote:

Nice find for $8!! Looks lovely!

Posted 7.7.15 Reply
  22. Thank you! Nothing better than a good clearance find.

Posted 7.7.15 Reply
  23. You're so sweet, thanks!

24. Thank you!

Posted 7.7.15 Reply
  25. Thanks, lady! I know, certain ones can look weird on – it definitely takes some searching to find the right one!

Posted 7.7.15 Reply
  26. I really couldn't leave it on the clearance rack for that price!

27. Thank you! I've been very into layering all my delicate necklaces lately. 🙂

28. Thanks, Kristen!

29. You totally should!

30. Thanks, Ashley!

Posted 7.7.15 Reply
  31. Right?! I couldn't pass it up!

32. Thanks, lady!

Posted 7.7.15 Reply
  33. Looks great, I agree that you can't go wrong with $8!

Mimi & Chichi

Posted 7.7.15 Reply
  34. That color blue looks amazing on you! You look super cute!

Her Heartland Soul
    herheartlandsoul.com

35. Lauren Scorzafava wrote:

You look gorgeous! I love this look!

xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

Posted 7.7.15 Reply

I have always wanted a kimono but just never found one in the stores that I liked – this one is perfect though, I love all the colors and you cannot beat $8!! Love this look.

Posted 7.7.15 Reply
  37. I love kimonos! I can't believe you got his for $8! Love how you styled it!
    xo Emily

Posted 7.7.15 Reply
  38. Looks great on you!! I also love how you layered your necklaces. I hope that you had a nice weekend too!! 🙂

Posted 7.7.15 Reply
  39. what a bargain! can't go wrong with $8. the colour is gorgeous and i love the way you paired it with all white.

Posted 7.7.15 Reply

I don't think I've ever worn a kimono, but if I can find one like yours I totally will!! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 7.7.15 Reply
  41. I am still totally into kimonos this year…that blue one is such a steal at that price!

42. Jenn wrote:

Ive seen some super cute kimonos lately online but can never find any cute ones in the stores. You look great in yours!!