June Beauty Favorites

You guys … I vlogged. And, it’s kind of terrifying and hilarious all at the same time.

I’ve been talking about venturing into the world of beauty vlogging for a while now, so I finally bit the bullet, got over my anxiety, and hit record on the camera.

Now, before I become the laughing stock of the blogosphere and YouTube, let’s please keep in mind a couple things:

1. I have absolutely no clue what I’m doing – I’m trying something new, and with trying something new always comes a learning curve.

2. Refer to #1 before you make any nasty, inappropriate comments. I would hope that we all are encouraging individuals when someone tries something new, but you just never know. I’m, of course, open to constructive criticism and will take any suggestions that you may have!

Now that we got that out of the way, onto my video debut! All products mentioned are listed at the end of this blog post. Enjoy!

Products mentioned:

Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette in Light

NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee

L’Oreal Colour Riche Anti-Feathering Lip Liner in Au Naturale

Garnier Fructis Style Full & Plush Root Amp Root Lifting Spray Mousse

Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done Ultra Brushable Hold Hairspray

What were your favorite beauty products during June?
Linking up with:

1. Jessica wrote:

I am all about this video lady! The hairspray is perfect I use it all the time!

xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

Posted 7.6.15 Reply
  2. Tanya wrote:

Love it!

the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

Posted 7.5.15 Reply
  3. Cassie Schelldorf wrote:

I love your vlog! You made me laugh – I wish we lived closer b/c girl, we would be getting a coffee and chatting it up! Hope you're having a great 4th!

Posted 7.3.15 Reply
  4. Kelli B wrote:

Ah! I need to watch it when I'm not at work! 🙂 I do like the NYX Butter Gloass in Creme Brulee. I had another color and didn't like it but the Creme Brulee is perfect. Thanks for linking up, Karly!

Posted 7.2.15 Reply
  5. I'm totally bummed I'm going to miss out going to Hayward this summer! 🙁 I love it up there, but I'm not about to get stuck having this baby up there!! I can't remember the last time I haven't gone up there for the 4th, enjoy it if you are headed up there!

Posted 7.2.15 Reply
  6. Thanks, lady! And, yes to the butter gloss – I seriously want one in every color!

7. YES! I would love for you to vlog. 🙂

Posted 7.2.15 Reply
  8. Hooray! I'm glad that it meets your approval since you share mutual love for YouTube beauty vloggers – hopefully it only will get better with time. 🙂

9. I hope that you do!

Posted 7.2.15 Reply
  10. Haha, leave it to me to be totally dramatic! But, I was ridiculously nervous and wanted to cover myself just in case it totally bombed. 🙂 Thank you!

Posted 7.2.15 Reply
  11. You're so sweet, thank you! Yes, I hope one of these days we can make an in-person meetup happen. I assume you're not going to be in Hayward this weekend? I can't wait for you to try the lip products, they are SO good.

12. Thank you SO much!

Posted 7.2.15 Reply
  13. I agree that even the light palette is a bit dark depending on your skin tone! Thank goodness you can still get your hands on the NYX products – they are amazing!

Posted 7.2.15 Reply
  14. You are so sweet, thank you! I was so nervous, hence why my voice and facial expressions are a bit spastic lol. I hope you made it to Target (and back home) okay!

Posted 7.2.15 Reply
  15. Thank you! I cannot wait to get more butter glosses – those things are amazing!

16. Thanks, girlie! xo

17. Thanks, Tif!

Posted 7.2.15 Reply
  18. I think you did a wonderful job! Looking forward to your next one:)

Tif

Posted 7.2.15 Reply
  19. Yay for your first vlog! Love it — so fab!

xo Southern Style

Posted 7.2.15 Reply
  20. I think you did a great job 🙂 the NYX butter glosses are my fave!

Posted 7.1.15 Reply
  21. Karly!! Loved!!! You did a fantastic job and you looked beautiful. It is nice to hear your voice too. Thank you for a sharing your reviews on these products too. I think that I'll stop by the downtown Target after my appointment and check them out. I just need to remember that I have to get on the bus to get home so wish me luck that I don't buy too much lol. Have a great day lady! 🙂

Posted 7.1.15 Reply

Yay your video was amazing!! I'm kicking myself a little bit for not picking up that concealer palette last weekend. I almost did but it looked like even the light shade might be a bit too dark for me without a tan. Love that butter gloss shade and I'm so happy I found a place that sells the full line in Toronto so I can repurchase!

Posted 7.1.15 Reply

Karly!! This is perfect – LOVE! The video was amazing, you did such a fabulous job! I am obsessed with Nyx butter gloss – the best!

Posted 7.1.15 Reply
  24. LOVE THIS! You did such a good job!! Great products too, I'll have to give those lip products a try because you totally sold me on them. It was kinda like I got to meet you, which was cool! Now hopefully sometime we can meet up for real!

Posted 7.1.15 Reply
  25. Karly!! I was expecting this to be a mess after your disclaimers haha but you did SO good! A total natural!

Posted 7.1.15 Reply

You did a great job, a total natural in front of the camera! Totally inspired me to try some of these products!

Posted 7.1.15 Reply

Nailed. It. Seriously Karly, you did great! You seemed so comfortable, if you were nervous it does not show at all. I would be a mess haha. I'm going to have to try out that liner for sure 😉

Posted 7.1.15 Reply

You did such a great job girl!!! You're a natural and maybe even encouraged me to do this for my July favorites!!! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 7.1.15 Reply

Yay for your first vlog!! I am still way too nervous to try it but you rocked it girl! I feel like I need that NYX Butter Gloss!!

Sequins & Sea Breezes