Things That Thrill Me

I only wish that my hair looked like this at all times.

In an effort to keep our sanity while choosing paint colors, we
initially decided to only have a palette of four to five paint colors
for the entire house, including the same paint color for all the
bedrooms. Well, now that I’ve seen what Sherwin Williams’ Collonade Gray looks like, we may have to make an exception to our own rule.

I’m a fan of caprese anything and a fan of kabobs, so it makes sense that I would love to try this caprese kabobs recipe – it would be perfect for any cookout!

We’ve been going back and forth on painting the inside of our front
door black – Ryan wasn’t too keen on the idea at first – but after
showing him the before and afters of this fixer upper house, I convinced him that a black interior door is the way to go.

Meals that include shrimp always are that much more appealing to me during the summer and having it tossed with pasta in a sun-dried tomato cream sauce sounds like the perfect evening meal.

Pamela won best outfit of the week in my book with this gorgeous printed maxi dress – I love how she styled it with her black floppy hat, too.

A white chocolate chip berrylicious cheesecake dip
not only sounds like both the perfect appetizer and dessert-in-one, but
we also can tell ourselves a little white lie that it’s healthy since
there’s fruit involved.

Did all of you see Kate from the Small Things Blog’s major makeover from Maskcara? It’s amazing how different (but still beautiful!) she looks!

I’ve been itching for a change in my office furniture and decor lately, and I think I’m leaning toward a wraparound/extension desk for some extra work space – this home office reveal is exactly what I have in mind but in a different color.

1. Thanks, lady!

Posted 6.29.15 Reply
  2. Ha! You poor thing, I know how much you miss your closet space. 🙂

Posted 6.29.15 Reply
  3. Right?! It's the perfect summer dessert!

Posted 6.29.15 Reply
  4. Thank you! I forgot to tell you that we already started that project – I'll have to send you a photo!

Posted 6.29.15 Reply
  5. Right?! I couldn't believe it either!

Posted 6.29.15 Reply
  6. You are the sweetest, thank you! Um, heck yes to the caprese kabobs!

Posted 6.29.15 Reply
  7. Perfect Greige is a great color! In my opinion, you can't go wrong with any sort of neutral paint color. 🙂

Posted 6.29.15 Reply
  8. Well, I'm happy to report that we have the first coat of black paint on the door and it sure does make a statement!

Posted 6.29.15 Reply
  9. Ooo, the shrimp and sundried tomato cream sauce pasta looks amazing! Thanks for introducing me to Jessica's blog. Happy Saturday, Karly 🙂

Posted 6.27.15 Reply
  10. Jessica wrote:

Your hair with the new cut is seriously on point! I love your friday's postings!!

xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

Posted 6.26.15 Reply
  11. I am itching for my own office…..and closet for that matter 😉 You always find the best links girl!

Posted 6.26.15 Reply
  12. Ashley T wrote:

I wish I had that cheesecake dip right now! Yum!

Posted 6.26.15 Reply

You have my vote for the black interior door, I think it will look fantastic with all the grey tones in your house! Some yummy looking recipes, too!

Posted 6.25.15 Reply
  14. Woah that makeover is crazy!! She's beautiful in both pictures but she doesn't even look like the same person!!

Her Heartland Soul

15. Jessi Otey wrote:

First of all your hair looks fab all the time girl and second- you just won me over with caprese kabobs! YUM!!! (love that paint color! We used tons of grays too)

16. Jenna wrote:

That makeover is amazing! We are looking at paint colors and my mom really loves the Perfect Greige from Sherwin. I love the idea of the black door!

Posted 6.25.15 Reply

That cheesecake dip sounds fantastic! I’ve been loving Pamela’s dress too – so perfect for summer! I could see the black on the inside of the door really making a nice statement and being a great touch to your house!

Posted 6.25.15 Reply
  18. I felt the same way! I was totally blown-away by the makeover. And, I was worried that you were going to love that paint color now, too. Ha! Too many paint colors, so little time!

Posted 6.25.15 Reply
  19. How exciting! I guarantee that keeping your paint palette limited will save your sanity in the long-run – plus, your house will flow together nicely!

20. Thanks, lady!

21. Right?! I so agree!

Posted 6.25.15 Reply
  22. That's the perfect food for a bridal shower – I'll have to remember that!

Posted 6.25.15 Reply
  23. Glad you enjoyed everything, lady! I always say to Ryan that if we hit it big and get rich, I would hire someone to come do my hair daily celebrity-style. Ha!

Posted 6.25.15 Reply
  24. Right?! I could eat both those things right now. Happy Thursday!

Posted 6.25.15 Reply
  25. Haha, I probably will ask for your help! We only are painting the inside of our front door and the door to the garage black, and the rest will be painted white. I also will be spray painting all the door knobs from brass to bronze … lucky me lol

Posted 6.25.15 Reply
  26. Ha, right?! I'm the same way! I've had the same desk since I graduated from college, so I think I'm just itching for a change.

Posted 6.25.15 Reply
  27. Of course, lady! I love that maxi dress. 🙂 Yes, we definitely didn't want our house to look like a hodge podge of paint colors – less is more in my opinion!

Posted 6.25.15 Reply
  28. Oh gosh, and now I love Collonade Gray, too – so many great paint colors out there! And Kate's makeover was WOW!!! I always think she looks beautiful but I almost didn't recognize her at first!

Posted 6.25.15 Reply
  29. My husband and I are in the process of buying our first home so we are on the hunt for paint colors! That's a good idea to have 4-5 colors. I love that gray color!
    xo Emily

Posted 6.25.15 Reply
  30. Great round up! As always I gravitate towards your recipe finds. Yum!

31. White chocolate chip berry cheesecake dip sounds like absolute HEAVEN. 🙂

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

32. Pinky wrote:

That door is amazing, love the color! Caprese kabobs are a fave of mine, we had them at my bridal shower :)!

Posted 6.25.15 Reply
  33. I love everything in this weeks round up! The black doors look fabulous, and really can't my hair just be styled my someone all the time! And all that food, I could eat it all right now!

Posted 6.25.15 Reply
  34. I like that black door, it's classic and chic. Loved Pamela's outfit too, and that cheesecake dip and kebobs sound delicious. 🙂 Have a great day!! 🙂

35. Jenn wrote:

Love the look of the black doors! I'm too nervous to do that to our house (and after painting all of our off-white doors white, there is no way I'm undertaking door painting again!!) but it looks beautiful in those photos!
    If you need any help for tips to door painting, let me know! I've got a bunch of experience in that area lol

Posted 6.25.15 Reply

I seriously love office makeovers probably because I love office supplies so much haha!!! Caprese any way in the summer is perfect!!! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 6.25.15 Reply

Aww thanks for the shout out girl! 🙂 You're so sweet! I agree with the minimal selection of colors for the whole house. It's overwhelming if every room is a different color any way! I love that wrap around desk! The blue is so fun!!

Sequins & Sea Breezes