Things That Thrill Me

This gold-leafed IKEA desk hack is both simple and chic – a winning combination in my book.

I would eat pasta all day, everyday for the rest of my life if I could, and I would want this homemade marinara sauce on top of it.

Quotes always have served as inspiration for me, and this one in particular struck a chord earlier this week – as we get older, I believe that these words are important to remember.

We’re all fans of light, summer adult libations – a red wine berry spritzer sounds perfect for a day lounging by the lake or pool.

I’m loving this messy, undone take on a classic french twist – plus, it’s SO easy to achieve on your own!

With all the traveling that everybody seems to be doing lately, it’s
helpful to have some resources right at your fingertips – this roundup
of the best travel apps will be put to good use for our next trip.

I’m genuinely considering venturing into beauty vlogging, so I’m soaking up all the tips and tricks that I can find.

Lauren Conrad’s latest round of tech wallpapers do not disappoint – all the bright colors are an instant mood booster.

I’m a firm believer that pesto makes everything taste better, so I’m sure this grilled chicken pasta is no exception.

1. That gold leaf Ikea hack is so creative! I've been trying to think of ways to spruce up a similar white Ikea desk too.

Mimi & Chichi

Posted 6.22.15 Reply
  2. Stephanie Chalk wrote:

I am right there with you, I could eat pasta every day and love it! That marinara sauce looks delicious! I can't wait to check out the travel apps too! Xo, Stephanie

Posted 6.22.15 Reply
  3. That gold leaf desk is adorable! Gold leaf just makes everything look better lol! Hope you have a great week!
    xo Emily

Posted 6.22.15 Reply
  4. Andrea wrote:

Thanks for sharing those wallpapers – I just changed mine at work to the geometric one. It's a perfect mood boost for the cold weather down under.
    And I totally agree – pesto makes everything better – loving that grilled chicken pasta recipe.
    Hop you have a wonderful week.

Posted 6.22.15 Reply
  5. I love that IKEA desk – give me a good IKEA hack any day.. especially one with gold leaf! Totally agree about pesto.. it's funny, it was something I never really cared for until I was pregnant and became obsessed.. and now it's one of my favorite foods, haha! Can't wait to check out that recipe!

Posted 6.19.15 Reply

Enjoyed everything here today! Thanks for the travel apps, and that berry wine spritzer looks really refreshing!

Posted 6.19.15 Reply
  7. Yes!!! Do the beauty vlogging! Ughhhh stop changing my vlogging to flogging…..stupid autocorrect. Anyways. I love your makeup tutorials and would love to see it live in action!

Posted 6.18.15 Reply

I love that hairstyle and I feel like it's easy enough to actually probably do. Can't wait to check out those travel apps!

9. Sara McCarty wrote:

Mmmm…I can't get past the pasta and wine spritzer! Yes please!

Posted 6.18.15 Reply
  10. Mmm pesto is the bomb dot com! Great links! Thanks for sharing!

Her Heartland Soul

11. Ashley T wrote:

Both pasta recipes are speaking my language! Heading to check out those travel apps!

12. bre & ree @ bumpandrunchat.com wrote:

Lauren Conrad never disappoints! I'm loving those wallpapers, and that easy french twist is perfect for the summer heat and humidity! ~Ree

Posted 6.18.15 Reply
  13. I vote you should definitely do some beauty vlogging! And just a heads up, I made that pesto pasta and it was pretty blah! We actually threw away the leftovers which never happens around here haha. Now that marinara sauce… YUM!

Posted 6.18.15 Reply
  14. Yay for beauty vlogging! I hope you do it! And I love that Ikea hack!

xo Southern Style

Posted 6.18.15 Reply
  15. I can't get enough gold and white, such a chic combo and I'm loving that casual french twist. I'd love to see a vlog from you!!

Posted 6.18.15 Reply
  16. Fab roundup!! I can email you my marinara sauce recipe if you want, just let me know. 🙂 That quote is definitely true, that spritzer sounds delicious, and we are growing basil in our urban garden so I'll have to make that pesto dish! 🙂 Thanks for sharing and have a great day!! 🙂

Posted 6.18.15 Reply
  17. You always find the best recipes. That pasta sauce is calling my name. Thanks for sharing!

18. Jenn wrote:

A red wine berry spritzer?? Yes please! And that gold leafed table looks so pretty!

Posted 6.18.15 Reply

There are seriously so many great ikea hacks I want to try them all!! I think you'd be a great vlogger – I love all those videos!!! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 6.18.15 Reply

Obsessed with that Ikea hack! SO pretty! And I'm going to try that french twist but I feel like I'll fail…. I suck at doing my own hair!

Sequins & Sea Breezes