Summer Reading List

You may remember at the beginning of the year when I had lofty aspirations to complete the 2015 Reading Challenge, which entails reading 50 books during the course of the year.

So far, I’ve only read two books. Womp womp.

I don’t really have any excuse other than that there doesn’t seem to be enough hours in the day lately! In true personal fashion to help myself get back on track, I’ve created a list of must-reads before summer comes to a close.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

All of these books seem to possess exactly what I look for in summer reads – fun, easy to read and light-hearted, a couple darker stories with mystery and intrigue, and of course, celebrity memoirs chock full of gossip. Thanks to Biana and Katie for a few of these recommendations!

Six books in a couple months seems doable, right? I figure if I don’t get through all of them by September, I can cheat my goal a bit and take a couple with me to Puerto Rico in October. 🙂

What’s on your summer reading list?

1. I hear ya, girl!

Posted 6.30.15 Reply
  2. Lol, thank you! Glad I'm not the only one. 🙂

Posted 6.30.15 Reply
  3. Oh, I want to read that one too!

Posted 6.30.15 Reply
  4. Right?! You guys always seem to hold me accountable. 🙂

Posted 6.30.15 Reply
  5. Me too!

Posted 6.30.15 Reply
  6. Thanks, girl!

Posted 6.30.15 Reply
  7. This is an awesome summer list- I need to work on mine; it's been too long since I've settled down with a good book!

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

Posted 6.30.15 Reply
  8. Jenna wrote:

That shopaholic book looks interesting! I have 3 books waiting to be read right now so don't feel bad if you don't get to them all!

Posted 6.30.15 Reply

Don't beat yourself up about the reading, i have stacks of books waiting for me! These pics all look good, I know once you get started you'll have these read in no time! I'm anxiously awaiting the new Harper Lee "Go Set a Watchman".

Posted 6.29.15 Reply
  10. Nothing like putting it out there on the blog to force you to get it done, right?!? Great picks – I can't believe I forgot Giuliana's book, I've been wanting to read that one!

Posted 6.29.15 Reply
  11. Great recommendations! I love summertime reading!

Her Heartland Soul

12. Jessica wrote:

I've been wanting to read Giuliana's book too! What a great summer reading list!

xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

Posted 6.29.15 Reply
  13. Me too! It was such a guilty pleasure of mine – I'm sure the book is full of dirty secrets considering all the controversy it's been causing.

Posted 6.29.15 Reply
  14. I know. I usually get my reading in before bed, but lately I've either been catching up on magazines or I'm so tired that I just fall asleep!

Posted 6.29.15 Reply
  15. Right?! I couldn't agree more!

Posted 6.29.15 Reply
  16. Thanks, girl – hope you found a few that you like!

17. Ha! That's okay, at least you're reading. 🙂

Posted 6.29.15 Reply
  18. Thanks for letting me know, lady! To be honest, I'm not her biggest fan like I used to be, but I'm always interested in how people in her job field got their start.

Posted 6.29.15 Reply
  19. That is good to know, thank you for the quick review!

Posted 6.29.15 Reply
  20. I've been wanting to read Giuliana's book too! I also am curious about Holly's book since I used to watch girl's next door!
    xo Emily

Posted 6.29.15 Reply

Giuliana's book has been on my list since it came out and I've still not gotten to it yet either – why is it so hard to find time to sit down and read?! I'm very interested in Holly's book too – I've been hearing lots of talk on that one.

Posted 6.29.15 Reply
  22. I need to get going with some Summer reading especially laying out by the pool or at the beach which both haven't happened which is also why reading hasn't happened. Not enough hours in the day right?

Posted 6.29.15 Reply
  23. These all look like some great reads! I'll have to check some of them out. Thanks for sharing!

24. Cassie Lee wrote:

Great list! I'm currently reading a few books but I have yet to tackle the list I actually created for myself for this summer hahaha

Posted 6.29.15 Reply

I think you can totally read these books if not all then at least three 🙂 I liked going off script not as much as I thought I would – but it was a good book! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 6.29.15 Reply

I'm reading Down the Rabbit Hole right now… ehhhh not good. I'm incredibly disappointed in it so far. She seems so bitter in my opinion. Even if that's how things went down I feel like she could have wrote it differently to seem more objective.

Sequins & Sea Breezes