Singing the Blues

Happy Tuesday, folks!

I was thrilled when I saw that today’s Creative Closet prompt was all about blue – as you’ve probably seen in my weekly Thursday roundup posts, I’ve been loving the combination of navy blue and white for the warm weather. Since the weather was a tad cooler when we took these photos, I was finally able to break out this dark denim button-down that I’ve had hanging in the closet for months, as well as my favorite new patchwork-patterned infinity scarf that I picked up from The Loft Outlet last month. You’ll definitely be seeing this scarf on repeat throughout the summer – I already can’t wait to wear it with flowy, chiffon blouses and a denim jacket.

denim shirt: Old Navy (exact) | patchwork infinity scarf: The Loft Outlet (similar, similar) | white capris: Banana Republic Factory, old (similar, similar) | belt: American Eagle (exact) | sandals: Old Navy, old (similar, similar)

Shop the look:
!function(doc,s,id){ var e, p; if(!doc.getElementById(id)) { e     = doc.createElement(s); e.id  = id; p = ‘//shopsensewidget.shopstyle.com/widget-script.js’; var cb = new Date().getTime(); p += ‘?cb=’ + cb; e.src = p; doc.body.appendChild(e); } if(typeof window.ss_shopsense === ‘object’){ if(doc.readyState === ‘complete’){ window.ss_shopsense.init(); } } }(document, ‘script’, ‘shopsensewidget-script’);

Linking up with:

1. Thanks, lady!

Posted 6.12.15 Reply
  2. Thanks, girl!

Posted 6.12.15 Reply
  3. Thanks, mom!

Posted 6.12.15 Reply
  4. Loving this classic look on you! Perfect for summer 😉

Posted 6.10.15 Reply
  5. I love your scarf!

Posted 6.10.15 Reply

One of your cutest outfits ever! Such a classic combo for summer!

Posted 6.10.15 Reply
  7. Thanks, girl! Those were definitely a great steal/clearance find at Old Navy last summer – I have them in a black/silver combo, too!

Posted 6.9.15 Reply
  8. Oh my goodness, staaaap with the sweet comments. 🙂 Thanks, lady!

9. We so are! 🙂

10. I noticed that quite a few of us were twinning today! 🙂

Posted 6.9.15 Reply
  11. I agree with you – you really can't go wrong with that combination!

12. Thank you!

Posted 6.9.15 Reply
  13. Thanks, girl! I've only discovered the half-tuck in the past year or so, and I feel like it helps balance my proportions a bit since I have a narrow waist and pretty wide hips. And, I agree with you about blue on blondes – it just works!

14. Thanks, girlfriend!

Posted 6.9.15 Reply
  15. You've definitely got the right idea – you'll be back in those post-baby clothes in no time. 🙂

Posted 6.9.15 Reply
  16. Right? Blue and white anything is just perfect for summertime!

17. Thanks, Caroline! Glad you'll be able to use it for inspiration, too. 🙂

Posted 6.9.15 Reply
  18. Thank you! It was a great find at the outlet.

19. Thank you!

20. Thanks, girl!

Posted 6.9.15 Reply
  21. Thanks, lady! Yes, my hair grows so fast that it seems to have grown out a bit, and now I'm not having such a hard time styling it in it's natural, straight state. 🙂

22. Thanks, friend!

Posted 6.9.15 Reply

Yes to all the navy blue and white – it's the best! Fabulous look and I'm obsessed with your shoes! They are perfect!

Posted 6.9.15 Reply
  24. You look like you should straight up be in a magazine representing The Loft! Heart eyes over here girl. You look beautiful!

25. Ahhh so cute! We're twinning today 🙂

26. Stacy wrote:

Chambray and white denim is apparently a popular look today! I've got the same look today too! I dressed mine up for work with nude heels and an over-sized statement necklace. Love it!

Posted 6.9.15 Reply
  27. You look beautiful! I love a denim top paired with white denim bottoms. Just a classic look that works for everything!

28. This is such a beautiful casual look! Happy Tuesday, Karly 🙂

Posted 6.9.15 Reply

Looove this outfit! I wish I could do the shirt tuck thing but my body proportions look really strange when I try, you on the other hand look like casual chic perfection! Blue is definitely my favourite clothing colour too. I think it looks great on everyone but especially pops next to blonde hair!

Posted 6.9.15 Reply

You look beautiful friend, love that scarf! I love blue & white for sure

Posted 6.9.15 Reply
  31. This combo is perfect! I love the scarf and shirt, I would be wearing them all the time too! I'm definitely stocking all these ideas for my post baby wardrobe – not too much sense in spending $$ on new clothes in the last trimester if I can get away with it!

Posted 6.9.15 Reply
  32. Love this look! I am all about the color blue, too – honestly I've had to stop myself from buying more blue tops the past few months.. I'm just always drawn to them or white ones!

Posted 6.9.15 Reply
  33. You look beautiful Karly! Those jeans are very flattering on you too. 🙂 Oh and I'll be using this as inspiration at work when I'm creating outfits for customers. Thank you for that! Have a great day! 🙂

34. Pinky wrote:

That scarf is super cute, lady!

Posted 6.9.15 Reply
  35. Such a cute look! I especially love that scarf!

Her Heartland Soul

Posted 6.9.15 Reply

I love this look Karly and feel the same way about denim and white – just looks so good together!! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 6.9.15 Reply

Loving the chambray and white! And the scarf is such a cute/fun addition! Still absolutely loving your hair too!!

Sequins & Sea Breezes

Posted 6.9.15 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. 😂❤️ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. 💁🏼‍♀️ #thursdayvibes #loveloft