May Beauty Favorites

Happy June, everybody! I think I say this nearly every month, but I truly can’t believe that we’re officially half way through 2015. Life has been so busy and hectic lately, and there are zero signs of it slowing down – I suppose that’s a good thing, though!

Anyways, as we all know, a new month brings the opportunity to discuss favorite beauty products from the previous month. While most of my favorites throughout May were rediscovered favorites, I was able to snatch up a couple new products that have made themselves right at home in my makeup collection.

Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow in Bad to the Bronze | I’ve been a long-time fan of these cream shadows, and I have quite a few in my  makeup collection. Now that we’ve turned a corner and are experiencing actual summer-like temps, I love the look of a bronze eye – this cream eye shadow is perfect for days when I just want to swipe something on my lid and go or to be used as a base for a smokier bronzed eye. Basically, it’s bronzed perfection in a jar.

Urban Decay Naked (1) Palette | I rediscovered the neutral eye shadow palette that started it all during May, and I’m always pleasantly reminded why this palette was such a big deal in the first place. Like I said, I’m all about bronzed eyes lately, so I’ve been layering Sidecar over the Maybelline Color Tattoo mentioned above, using Naked in the crease, and Darkhorse as an eyeliner. It’s perfect for everyday wear, or it can be taken up a notch for nighttime.

Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Nude | While I’m a fan of using this liner to brighten up my lower waterline, I’ve found a new use for it – a concealer stick to further define my brows and clean up any messes after I’ve filled them in! It’s the ideal skin tone color, and since it’s a pencil, it’s easy peasy to draw a line under your brow arch and blend in with a concealer brush – you’re then left with a clean brow line and arch. My one recommendation is to do one brow at a time since this product can dry pretty quick.

Bobbi Brown Blush in Tawny | I’ve been lusting after this blush for quite a few years now, so imagine my surprise when I found it for nearly $10 less than retail price at The Cosmetic Company Store Outlet! It’s a matte finish in a mauve pink color with the slightest hint of a tan/brown undertone. This formula seems to wear all-day on me, and the color is so versatile that it goes with nearly any makeup look.
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle | Yet another CC Store Outlet find, I’ve heard YouTube beauty vloggers rave about this highlighter for years, and now I totally get it. It’s perfect for the summer months since it provides more of a bronzed glow (are you sensing a theme yet throughout this post?), and the shimmer or highlighting effect isn’t overpowering like some other highlighters can be.
L’Oreal Color Riche Lipstick in Fairest Nude | An oldie but a goodie, I reached for this lipstick the most throughout the past month. It’s one of the best nude lipsticks with a hint of a pink undertone out there. Although the formula is pretty matte, it’s surprisingly creamy and easy to blend into the lips.
What were your favorite beauty products throughout the month of May?

Linking up with:

1. Love those outlet finds, they sounds like great products. I never stop into the cosmetic outlet, but now I may need to!

Posted 6.4.15 Reply
  2. I love products that have a multi purpose use! Less clutter and cuts down getting ready time!

Posted 6.3.15 Reply

I need to bust out my cream shadows again – bad to the bronze was one of my faves and I haven't used it in ages! I'm all for the Naked 1. It's the only one I have and the only one I really need! Sidecar is one of my favourite colours – I just wish it didn't have glitter in it! It's so pretty but it always ends up all over my face within a few hours. Does that happen to you? I would wear it all the time if that didn't happen!

4. Living on Cloud Nine wrote:

Bobbi Brown cosmetics are the best and they really last a long time. You pick some goodies here makes me want to go shopping for make up! Happy Wednesday beautiful

Posted 6.3.15 Reply
  5. Yes to the Naked palette! It's pretty much all I use!

Her Heartland Soul

Posted 6.3.15 Reply

I've been reaching for my Naked 1 palette almost daily, love it! That L'Oreal lipstick looks very pretty too 🙂

Posted 6.3.15 Reply

I can't live without the first naked pallet! I've tried the other two but they just don't compare. I really need to just buy my favorite colors out of the pallet (I only use like four of them) but just can't get around too it.

Posted 6.3.15 Reply
  8. These all sound amazing! I've heard great things about Urban Decay palettes. Might have to try it out!
    xo Emily

9. Arden Rubens wrote:

Wearing and LOVING that same lipstick right now! x

Posted 6.3.15 Reply
  10. There is a cosmetic outlet store?!? How in the world have I never heard of this? Can't believe the prices for those goodies! And great idea to use the nude liner to clean up your brows, I'm going to try that tomorrow!

Posted 6.3.15 Reply
  11. I saw a Maybelline eyeshadow palette recently, have you seen it? That lipstick is pretty, and the Laura Mercier blush that I use looks similar to that Bobbi Brown one. Thanks for sharing lady and I hope that you have a great day!! 🙂

12. Jenn wrote:

Love the color palette you have–so many pretty neutrals and pinks for the season!

Posted 6.3.15 Reply

I don't have that color blush from BB, but I have another pinky one and really want to add to the collection!! I also saw yesterday they released or are releasing another UD palette – this time for smoky shades…eek! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

14. Pinky wrote:

I don't have the Naked 1 palette, but I love my Naked 3. So many amazing colors!

Posted 6.3.15 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. 😂❤️ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. 💁🏼‍♀️ #thursdayvibes #loveloft