Little Black Crochet Dress

It’s a pretty well-known fact that I live in dresses throughout the summer – whether they are short or maxi length, I love the fact that I can throw on a dress and a few accessories in the morning and be finished with getting dressed. However, one style and color of dress that was lacking in my closet with a simple, comfortable black dress.

We all love and swear by the little black dress for dressier occasions, so I was determined to find a summer-friendly version. This one immediately caught my eye during a recent shopping trip with it’s crochet detail and the fact that I easily can change up shoes and accessories to take it from day to night.

dress: SONOMA life & style (exact) | sandals: Steve Madden, TJMaxx (similar) | earrings: Target (similar) | sunnies: Apt. 9 (similar) | beachy waves hair tutorial

Shop the look:

!function(doc,s,id){ var e, p; if(!doc.getElementById(id)) { e     = doc.createElement(s); e.id  = id; p = ‘//shopsensewidget.shopstyle.com/widget-script.js’; var cb = new Date().getTime(); p += ‘?cb=’ + cb; e.src = p; doc.body.appendChild(e); } if(typeof window.ss_shopsense === ‘object’){ if(doc.readyState === ‘complete’){ window.ss_shopsense.init(); } } }(document, ‘script’, ‘shopsensewidget-script’);

1. 7.1.15
    Courtney said:

This dress is just darling on you! I'm loving your pretty statement earrings, they really pop!

XO Courtney

2. 7.1.15
    Stephanie Chalk said:

I love that you can dress this up or down according to the occasion! What a great find! Xo, Stephanie

3. 6.25.15

Thank you! I guess I need to attempt pinning my hair more often. 🙂 Yes, dresses are such a saving grace in the summer. It's just so much easier to get dressed!

4. 6.25.15

Thank you so much!

5. 6.25.15

Awe, thanks girlfriend! I'm so mad that I couldn't find a link to the earrings online because they are so pretty in person.

6. 6.25.15

Thank you! They were totally a last-minute impulse buy at Target – that place always seems to do that to me. 🙂

7. 6.25.15

Thanks, mom!

8. 6.25.15

Thanks so much!

9. 6.25.15

Thank you!!

10. 6.25.15

Thanks, girl!

11. 6.25.15

I agree with you! I'm all about cost per wear and versatility these days, so I know I'll get a lot of use out of this dress.

12. 6.25.15

You're so sweet, thanks!

13. 6.25.15

Thanks, girl! And, Old Navy for the win – they've been killing it lately.

14. 6.25.15

Thanks, girl! Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way. 🙂

15. 6.25.15

You're so sweet, thank you! I rarely do anything with pins in my hair because it took me about 40 tries to get it to stay like that. 🙂

16. 6.25.15

Thanks, friend!

17. 6.25.15

Thank you! That's why I liked it, too. 🙂

18. 6.25.15

Thanks, girl!

19. 6.25.15

Thanks, lady! I'm really not a shoe person, so the fact that I saw those and knew I had to have them, I knew I couldn't pass them up!

20. 6.24.15
    Tori said:

First off–your hair is looking FAB!! Second–i love dresses in the summer too 🙂 this is so pretty with the lace details!

Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

21. 6.24.15
    Living on Cloud Nine said:

This LBD is perfect!!! Simple and cute! And oh my goodness, your hair is cute as a button!!!

livingoncloudandreanine.blogspot.com

22. 6.24.15
    Nadia said:

This whole look on you is stunning – the hair, the earrings (LOVE those!!), the crochet details, you look gorgeous!!

23. 6.24.15

Such a pretty dress! And loving those earrings, such beautiful statement pieces 🙂

24. 6.24.15
    Debra Stachelski said:

Looking good, kiddo!

25. 6.24.15

Such a pretty dress – love it!

26. 6.23.15
    Christina Sotherden said:

Dresses are all I want and need in the summer and this is another fabulous find! I love how you styled your hair too!

27. 6.23.15

Pretty dress and I love those earrings!! Those shoes are also super cute. Looking fab lady!! 🙂 Hope that you guys had a nice weekend too.

28. 6.23.15

I am all about those crochet details! It adds such a pretty feminine touch plus with the right accessories you can glam this up and transition it to nighttime. Great piece!

29. 6.23.15

There's just something so perfect about a little black dress and I'm swooning over the details in yours. Your hair looks fab, too!

30. 6.23.15
    Mia- MakeMeUpMia said:

Love this dress, reminds me of a shirt I just found at Old Navy on clearance. I love black dresses, SO versatile! Loving your hair here too girl 🙂

31. 6.23.15

Super cute summer dress, lady! I agree- dresses in the summer make life a bit easier. 🙂

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

32. 6.23.15

Such a comfy, easy look for summer! And I LOVE your hair like that – it looks fab!

33. 6.23.15

Can't go wrong with a little black dress! Your hair looks fabulous, I'm totally loving it!

34. 6.23.15

Cute! I love the crochet detailing!

Her Heartland Soul

35. 6.23.15
    Biana Perez said:

I love that even though this dress is black, it's still super light for summer!! Your hair looks so pretty!! xo, Biana

36. 6.23.15
    Pamela said:

Obsessing over the detail on that dress! So cute! And those shoes are amazing girl!!

Sequins & Sea Breezes