American Woman

Throughout the summer and especially with the Fourth of July holiday approaching, I tend to gravitate toward classic, all-American styles and accessories.

One of my favorite pieces as of late is this easy-to-wear Olive and Oak black and white striped dress  – it’s comfortable and lightweight for warm days, and the waist drawstring makes it flattering on pretty much anybody. Topped off with an American flag scarf, a classic pair of aviator sunnies, and a bold, wearable red lip, I’m ready to head to a local firework display and celebrate this amazing country that we live in.

dress: Olive & Oak (similar, similar) | scarf: Charming Charlie’s (similar, similar) | sandals: Old Navy (similar, similar) | earrings: Dana Buchman (similar, similar) | aviators: Coach Factory Outlet (exact) | lippie: Tarte LipSurgence Matte Lip Tint in Fiery
Shop the look:

!function(doc,s,id){ var e, p; if(!doc.getElementById(id)) { e = doc.createElement(s); e.id = id; p = ‘//shopsensewidget.shopstyle.com/widget-script.js’; var cb = new Date().getTime(); p += ‘?cb=’ + cb; e.src = p; doc.body.appendChild(e); } if(typeof window.ss_shopsense === ‘object’){ if(doc.readyState === ‘complete’){ window.ss_shopsense.init(); } } }(document, ‘script’, ‘shopsensewidget-script’);

1. Costco?! Wow!! Fabulous find!! Nice work on your Mom's part!! πŸ™‚

Posted 7.1.15 Reply
  2. Such a great All American look! Love Olive & Oak dresses, I have some I've picked up over the years and they are so comfy!

Posted 7.1.15 Reply

So glad you like the dress, looks so cute on you! Perfect for the Fourth or anytime!

Posted 7.1.15 Reply
  4. Courtney wrote:

I'm obsessing over this festive look! Your scarf is so fun, what a great find for 4th of July!!

XO Courtney

Posted 7.1.15 Reply
  5. Stephanie Chalk wrote:

A perfect and very festive outfit for the 4th of July! Love it! Xo, Stephanie

Posted 7.1.15 Reply

So fun and the perfect outfit for sure! Love your peace pic, too cute πŸ™‚

Posted 6.30.15 Reply
  7. This is a perfect 4th of July outfit – loving that scarf!! And you're totally rocking the red lip, I wish I could pull that off!

8. Jessi Otey wrote:

LOVE this all the way down to the perfect red lip!

Posted 6.30.15 Reply
  9. Awe, thanks girlie! These definitely weren't my best photos, but sometimes, you just have to make do with what you have, you know? I love that scarf – I literally throw it on over anything if I need a little extra color or accessory!

10. Thanks, girl!

Posted 6.30.15 Reply
  11. Thanks, girl! And, yes – you've said that about the same sandals that I have that are a neutral color! I wish Old Navy was stocking them again this year – they are so comfortable.

Posted 6.30.15 Reply
  12. Yes, easy and lightweight – my criteria for all summer dresses!

13. Thanks, lady!

Posted 6.30.15 Reply
  14. It's a new-to-me brand, but I absolutely love this dress! My mom found it for me at Costco, of all places.

15. Thanks, Elle! πŸ™‚

Posted 6.30.15 Reply
  16. Thanks, girl! I love those sandals, too – great clearance find from Old Navy last year!

Posted 6.30.15 Reply
  17. Thanks, sweet friend!

Posted 6.30.15 Reply
  18. You are so adorable I love this look on you! That scarf is so great to throw over any outfit and it pulls it together perfectly for the 4th! I am all about the Summer scarf, such a great accessory.

Posted 6.30.15 Reply
  19. Such a cute dress and perfect for the 4th! Loving the stripes!

Posted 6.30.15 Reply

This dress looks perfect to beat the heat – I love the scarf tied in… getting all the patriotic elements into one outfit is the best! I think I've commented my love on your shoes before? Maybe? But I love them so!

21. Gentry wrote:

Cute dress! it reminds me of the super-adorable ones that Target carries too. Easy for a summer day! πŸ™‚

Posted 6.30.15 Reply
  22. You look adorable! I absolutely love this outfit!

Her Heartland Soul

Posted 6.30.15 Reply
  23. Great dress and love the scarf! We carry Olive and Oak at the store too. πŸ™‚ I hope that you had a nice weekend too!!

24. ElleSees.blogspot.com wrote:

this scarf is everything!! perfect for the 4th! LOVE.

Posted 6.30.15 Reply
  25. Those sandals are so cute! I love the flag scarf mixed with the strips in your dress too- such a good combo!

Posted 6.30.15 Reply

You look great Karly!! I love the 4th of July inspired scarf and of course the striped dress is just perfect! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston