Trusty Chambray

It has been a big week around here – we reached 80-degree temperatures!
If you live in the Midwest, then you know what a big deal this is.

dress: Old Navy (exact & on major sale!) | espadrilles: Gap Outlet, old (similar & similar) | hat: H&M (exact) | wishbone necklace: c/o The Shopping Bag (exact & similar) | long necklace: Origami Owl, gift

That
being said, I found no better way to celebrate than breaking out this
chambray shirt dress that I bought back in February and have been
waiting to wear ever since. This dress quickly is climbing to the top
spot as my favorite piece in my closet – it’s easy, casual and
ridiculously comfortable.  For being a shirt dress, I was pleasantly
surprised that it still has some shape to it and doesn’t appear baggy. I
also am happy that I easily can switch the tie sash from the front,
where it’s intended to be, to the back for a slightly different look.
And, even though I’m not the biggest fan of anything sleeveless – I’m
pretty self-conscious about my arms – I find that the thicker sleeves
and cut on this dress are a tad more forgiving than most.
Let’s face it – most anything chambray is the ultimate wardrobe staple.
Shop this post:
!function(doc,s,id){ var e, p; if(!doc.getElementById(id)) { e     = doc.createElement(s); e.id  = id; p = ‘//shopsensewidget.shopstyle.com/widget-script.js’; var cb = new Date().getTime(); p += ‘?cb=’ + cb; e.src = p; doc.body.appendChild(e); } if(typeof window.ss_shopsense === ‘object’){ if(doc.readyState === ‘complete’){ window.ss_shopsense.init(); } } }(document, ‘script’, ‘shopsensewidget-script’);
Linking up with:

1. I've been on the hunt for a chambray dress. This is a great find!

Diane

Posted 5.7.15 Reply
  2. Abby wrote:

OMG!!! Superb dress! I seriously been wanting a chambray/denim shirt dress. Wish me luck in my hunt 🙂

xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

Posted 5.7.15 Reply
  3. Omg, I love this dress! I've been dying for a cute Panama style hat, too!

Posted 5.6.15 Reply
  4. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has this dress – I seriously think I'm going to live in it all summer long.

5. Thanks, mom!

Posted 5.6.15 Reply
  6. Thanks, lady! Like I said, it's definitely meant to be tied in the front, but I'm not the biggest fan of that look (on me), so I'm glad it still looks normal with it tied in the back.

7. Thanks, Jana!

8. Thank you!

Posted 5.6.15 Reply
  9. I'm sure you'll love 'em!

Posted 5.6.15 Reply
  10. Thanks, sweet friend! I love hats, but I don't wear them nearly enough. I'm still trying to figure out exactly the perfect way to wear this one. 🙂

Posted 5.6.15 Reply
  11. Yes, they are SO comfortable! I basically live in espadrilles throughout the spring/summer when I'm not in sandals. I wouldn't recommend them for long walks or anything, but for running errands and just doing things around town they are great.

12. Awe, thanks girl!

Posted 5.6.15 Reply
  13. Gotta love this weather – I think it puts everybody in a better mood!

Posted 5.6.15 Reply
  14. You are too sweet, thank you – I don't think I've accepted yet that I'm no longer 19 and have the stick thin arms of a teenager. 🙂

Posted 5.6.15 Reply
  15. Thanks, Anne! I'm all about keeping it polished and casual these days.

16. Thanks so much!

Posted 5.6.15 Reply
  17. Oh my goodness, it is?! I hope they get it back in because it seriously is the best chambray dress.

18. Thanks, Jenn!

Posted 5.6.15 Reply
  19. I figured why not go all out?! Plus, I haven't gotten a pedicure yet, so I'm still trying to hide my feet before I brave sandal season!

20. Thanks, lady!

Posted 5.6.15 Reply
  21. Loving this look! I actually have that dress! I love it – so comfy and cute!
    xo Emily

Posted 5.6.15 Reply

Love the whole look on you! Chambray is so versatile!

Posted 5.5.15 Reply

Such a perfect spring outfit!! I love this dress and especially love the bow in the back – so cute! The hat is a perfect touch!

Posted 5.5.15 Reply
  24. You are ADORABLE!! This dress is so cute on you and the hat completely makes the outfit. 🙂

25. jess z wrote:

The chambray dress looks really good.

26. Jessica wrote:

Can't wait to bust out my Chambray dresses real soon!

xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

Posted 5.5.15 Reply

It's like this dress was made for you, love it! Love your hat, I really need to experiment more with hats 🙂

Posted 5.5.15 Reply

This dress looks so perfect on you! I really want to find comfortable pair of sneaker type flats for the summer, my tennis shoes are looking pretty rough after one too many summer concerts haha. I was thinking of Keds but those ones are super cute, are they comfy?

Posted 5.5.15 Reply
  29. Stahhhhhp being so freaking cute!!! Love this dress on you! Chambray is the ultimate wardrobe staple!

Posted 5.5.15 Reply
  30. So cute and it looks great on you! So exciting about the weather too… YAY. 🙂 I hope that you have a great day today too!! 🙂

Posted 5.5.15 Reply
  31. This weekend weather was just amazing, wasn't it?! Love this look, so classic and easy to put together – and girl you have nothing to worry about with your arms, you look great!

32. Anne wrote:

Yes, loving this midwest warm-up right now! Almost as much as chambray… yours is so perfect in dress form! I love a polished yet casual look and this hits it all with the necklace and espadrilles. It looks great on you!

Posted 5.5.15 Reply
  33. So cute! I love this take on a denim dress! It feels so summer-y!

Her Heartland Soul

Posted 5.5.15 Reply
  34. So sad it's sold out!! It's the perfect chambray dress – it looks awesome on you!

35. Jenn wrote:

That dress is super cute on you!!

Posted 5.5.15 Reply

Nothing better than a cute chambray dress and I love that you paired it with a cute fedora – I'd love it with espadrilles too – just throwing every trend in there LOL! xo, Biana-BlovedBoston

Posted 5.5.15 Reply

I've been on the hunt for a cute chambray shirt dress and you totally nailed it! Love everything about this!

Sequins & Sea Breezes

Posted 5.5.15 Reply

• It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. 💁🏼‍♀️ #thursdayvibes #loveloft