Things That Thrill Me

How adorable and EASY are these DIY lemon painted tea towels?! I see a craft day in my future to brighten up the kitchen for summer.

This garlic roasted vegetable pasta has my name written all over it – my mouth is watering just from looking at the photos.

It sometimes can be hard to decide what nail polishes pair well together, but this infographic makes it easy.

Peanut butter cookies are some of my favorite, so naturally, this three-ingredient recipe is one that I probably will whip up regularly.

Today is the big day – I’m taking the plunge and going for the lob
cut! It’s going to be a bit of a learning curve on how to style it, but
these tips from the one and only Anh Co Tran should help.

I love the idea of using vintage door knockers as towel holders in the guest bathroom – guess I have something new to keep an eye out for at flea markets!

Full skirts seem to be trending everywhere this spring. This gallery offers loads of outfit inspiration – Olivia Palermo’s look with a button-down chambray shirt is my favorite.

As we all know, our beloved Mad Men came to an end this past Sunday. I enjoyed flipping through this behind-the-scenes gallery of everyone’s last day on set.

Lemonade is one of the most refreshing drinks during the summer, so I love this recipe that uses peach flavoring as a twist.

1. Stephanie Chalk wrote:

That garlic pasta is my kind of meal! And that lemonade recipe looks delicious! Xo, Stephanie

Posted 5.28.15 Reply
  2. I saw your new hair cut on instagram and it looks fabulous! I love it!
    xo Emily

Posted 5.25.15 Reply
  3. Yes! That's my favorite summertime drink, too.

Posted 5.25.15 Reply
  4. Right?! I can't wait either!

Posted 5.25.15 Reply
  5. I'm with you! It's one of my all-time favorite drinks.

Posted 5.25.15 Reply
  6. I thought that was such a neat idea – we'll both have to keep an eye out for them!

Posted 5.25.15 Reply
  7. Thank you!

Posted 5.25.15 Reply
  8. Totally thought of you when I was picking my manicure and pedicure colors lol. Your hair looks great too by way!! Saw the pic on Pinterest since I don't have Instagram. Boo to the iPhone 4!! Have a fab weekend lady!

Posted 5.22.15 Reply
  9. Robin wrote:

I like an alcoholic lemonade beverage in hot weather. Mike's Harder is one of my favorites.

~ Robin

Posted 5.22.15 Reply
  10. I cannot wait to make a batch of the 3-ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe! Happy Thursday πŸ™‚

Posted 5.22.15 Reply
  11. Those towel holders are so cute and such a fun idea! Lemonade is one of my favorite summer drinks- that recipe sounds delicious!

Posted 5.22.15 Reply

Love the lob on you, I'm lucky that I've been able to see it already! I'll be on the lookout for door-knockers for you, what a cute idea! That lemonade looks very refreshing!

Posted 5.22.15 Reply
  13. Cute post! Good luck with the lob – Im sure it will look fab!
    xL

Posted 5.21.15 Reply
  14. That's good to know about the cookies, although it's rare that I make or find a cookie that I don't like. πŸ™‚ You are the absolute sweetest, thank you! I'll admit that I'm still getting used to it and am in a bit of hair shock, but I think it will grow on me. I already can tell I'll enjoy styling it for summer since it will take literally half the time! Enjoy the Mad Men photos. πŸ™‚

Posted 5.21.15 Reply
  15. I've made those 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies and they do not disappoint!! Also, can we talk about your haircut? LOVE. It looks so good on you! Off to check out the Mad Men article πŸ™‚

Posted 5.21.15 Reply
  16. Hooray! I'm hoping to make that lemonade, too – we'll have to report back how it turns out. πŸ™‚ You would look so great in a midi skirt, and it would work especially well for work during this time of year.

Posted 5.21.15 Reply
  17. Lemonade is just a happy drink, don't you agree?

Posted 5.21.15 Reply
  18. My Sunday nights are so empty now that Mad Men is over! Such a great show. I can't wait to make those tea towels – so cute for summertime.

Posted 5.21.15 Reply
  19. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has a hard time with polish pairings – at the end of the day, I typically just do whatever I want without a lot of thought, but I guess I probably should work harder to make sure they go together or complement one another. πŸ™‚ Thanks for the good luck with the hair – I posted a photo on Instagram! I'm still not quite sure how I feel about it, but I'm sure it will grow on me.

Posted 5.21.15 Reply
  20. I'm right there with you! It's such a cute way to bring a pop of color to the kitchen for summer.

Posted 5.21.15 Reply
  21. You are so sweet – I'm glad that you enjoyed it! Happy reading!

Posted 5.21.15 Reply
  22. I'm signing myself up for all of it, too! And, thanks for the well wishes for the hair! πŸ™‚

23. Jessica wrote:

You are going to love the lob! I seriously has made me a different person!!

xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

Posted 5.21.15 Reply

I'm afraid to click on that recipe because it sounds like it will instantly make me hungry haha. I really want to find a midi skirt this summer! I bought one over the winter but ended up returning it because it was winter and they don't really go well with tights, but now that it's warmer I think it would be perfect for work! Officially making that peach lemonade this weekend, two of my favourite flavours!

25. Carissa wrote:

I am obsessed with lemonade right now. Yay for new hair!

Posted 5.21.15 Reply

I can’t get past the peach lemonade – that sounds perfect and I have to try it! Staying on the lemon thing, those DIY towels are the cutest!

Posted 5.21.15 Reply
  27. That lemonade is so pretty and calling my name to make this weekend!

Posted 5.21.15 Reply
  28. I can't wait to see your hair!! Those lemon tea towels are so cute, I may have to give them a whirl. So sad that Mad Men is over!

Posted 5.21.15 Reply
  29. I like the nail polish thing because sometimes I have a hard time deciding on what colors I want to do together. That lemonade sounds delicious too, and love that midi skirt. Happy haircut day too!!! Yay!! Can't wait to see how it turned out, I'm sure that you'll look beautiful! πŸ™‚

Posted 5.21.15 Reply
  30. Great links! Loving the recipes and that DIY project!

Posted 5.21.15 Reply
  31. Mmm peach lemonade sounds fabulous!! Happy haircut day!!

Her Heartland Soul

Posted 5.21.15 Reply
  32. Ohhhh I'm loving that lemon towel DIY…I've been in such a crafting mood lately, and this one looks totally cute and achievable!

Posted 5.21.15 Reply

I think this may be one of my favorite TTT me you've ever put together – I need to go back and read every single one of those links!! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

34. Jenn wrote:

Lemon tea-towels, yummy looking lemonade, and that delicious looking pasta?? Sign me up for it all, please!!
    Good luck with the haircut–I can't wait to see it!!!

35. Pinky wrote:

Peanut butter cookies, YUMMY! And peach Lemonade, divine! Now I'm ready for a snack!

Posted 5.21.15 Reply

YESSSS! I cannot wait to see your lob! It's going to look so amazing! And always love everything Olivia wears. She is perfection! That lemonade looks so delish!

Sequins & Sea Breezes

Posted 5.21.15 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. πŸ˜‚β€οΈ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. πŸ’πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ #thursdayvibes #loveloft
  • #Bookworms, rejoice! This is our kinda day! πŸ“š On #WorldBookDay, I simply want to say thank you to all authors. Your characters, stories and words change my life daily, and I can’t imagine a life without them. Happy reading to all! #bookstagram
  • β€œIt’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” Alice, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
β€’β€’β€’
β€’β€’β€’
  • Catalina Island is nothing short of enchanting. β˜€οΈ #catalinacasino #vacationmode #frommyview
  • California vacation part one: β˜‘οΈ. Thanks for the magic, memories and OG nostalgia Disneyland! #adultsatdisney #toontown #wallsofdisney