Things That Thrill Me

This styled wedding photo shoot
in nearby Milwaukee makes me that much more excited for my cousin’s
upcoming nuptials in October that also will be taking place in the city
with a similar theme.

Although I’m not typically a big potato person, I’m a fan of anything that involves garlic and Parmesan. Yum.

Ashley recently posted her beach beauty favorites – now I have a few items on my list that I need to pick up before we go to Puerto Rico!

We’re slowly working to update all the oak in our home, and I’m thrilled that this tutorial offers a shortcut on how to update the banister without sanding.

I don’t know if I’ve ever mentioned it on here, but I am a big fan of Erin Andrews. I’m convinced we would become best friends if we ever had the chance to meet. ANYWAYS, she cut her hair into a gorgeous lob this week, and I cannot get enough of it.

Rustic decor apparently is my vibe lately, so I love discovering different DIY tutorials and ideas as to what to do with old windows.

As we finish up our family room renovations and start to think ahead to the other rooms, this flooring is exactly what I envision throughout the whole first floor of our home, including the kitchen.

I received one of The Little Market’s candles
for my birthday, and holy cow – it’s my favorite candle that I’ve ever
owned. I can guarantee that I’ll be purchasing a few more from the new
spring line.

I’ve pretty much been obsessed with the arrival of the second royal baby since she was born last Saturday – please tell me I’m not alone! This was an adorable read as to what she should expect by being named Charlotte.

1. 5.12.15

I feel a personal connection because Erin went to UF and she was the big sister of my roommate in her sorority……so basically we are like total besties hahahahhahaah 😉 that hair though is seriously amazing!

2. 5.11.15

I agree with you! It looks so fresh, especially for this time of year.

3. 5.11.15

It never occurred to me that it could be a breakup chop! Yeah, the boyfriend either needs to go (or did he, already?) or she needs to send him to rehab to get help if they are going to have a future. What a piece. LOL – I could see how people would be mad about the royal baby name if it's what they were planning to name their child or already did!

4. 5.11.15

You sound just like my mom – we watch Dancing With The Stars, and every week my mom tells me how much Erin reminds her and my dad of me, ha! I'll take that as a major compliment. 🙂

5. 5.11.15

Thank you!

6. 5.11.15

Hope you found that article just as helpful as I did!

7. 5.11.15

Of course, girlie! Your beach beauty picks were so spot on. I'm glad you found inspiration with that haircut, too – it's so pretty!

8. 5.11.15

I know – it seriously is like an answer from heaven. I dread sanding!

9. 5.11.15

She is such a little princess! It will be fun to watch her grow up.

10. 5.11.15

Right?! Mine too!

11. 5.11.15

Lol, lob and mom haircut. 🙂 I think I may take the plunge, but I'm trying to find a photo of it straight before I totally commit.

12. 5.11.15

It's definitely a nerve-wracking decision, and my hair isn't even as long as yours! Maybe we should just take a leap of faith and get the cut. 🙂

13. 5.11.15

I think I'm the last person alive to not own High Beam. 🙂

14. 5.11.15

How pretty! Absolutely loving anything rustic right now.

15. 5.11.15

I bet the basil candle smells SO good! As far as I'm aware, they're only sold online, but I could be wrong.

16. 5.11.15

Thanks, lady!

17. 5.11.15

Thanks, girl!

18. 5.11.15

They look so delicious!

19. 5.11.15

I'm sure it did! Oak is EVERYWHERE in our house, so we slowly but surely are changing all of it – it's makes a world of difference.

20. 5.11.15

She is an adorable little baby! And, you know me too well – I may just have to take a risk and get the same haircut!

21. 5.11.15

Awe, how fun! Now she can think she's just like the royal princess. 🙂

22. 5.11.15

Right?! So dang good. 🙂

23. 5.11.15

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was excited. Thanks, girl!

24. 5.11.15

I agree – I'm glad they went with Charlotte instead of Alice, which also was in the running. Happy Monday!

25. 5.11.15

Right?! I hope we all look half that good just hours after giving birth!

26. 5.11.15

Royal baby news = yes please. I can't get over how fab Kate looks after having a baby! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

xo Southern Style

27. 5.8.15

Great list! I love the name they picked for the new royal baby – what a cute article on the name! I've also been liking more of a rustic look lately. Hope you have a great weekend!

28. 5.8.15
    Jenna said:

Oh my goodness the royal baby is so cute! I was so excited and her name is so pretty! Love your favs this week!

29. 5.8.15
    Mia- MakeMeUpMia said:

Girl, anything with parm + garlic is a win for me too 😉 Enjoy your weekend XO

30. 5.8.15

Love the rustic decor and those potatoes sound really good. One of my nieces is named Charlotte so I was very excited when they announced the name of the royal baby. 🙂

31. 5.8.15
    Debra Stachelski said:

The minute I saw it, I knew Erin's hair would "thrill" you! Lots of other great ideas here today, too. Could Princess Charlotte be any cuter?!

32. 5.8.15

Awesome list! Love Benefit's High Beam, such a pretty soft glow. And yay for updating the oak banisters. I did that in our house about two years ago, and it made such a difference 🙂

33. 5.7.15

Great list of links, those garlic parmesan potatoes look yummy.

34. 5.7.15
    Jessica said:

The links are awesome! Thanks for sharing 🙂

xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

35. 5.7.15

Great links! Thanks for sharing!

36. 5.7.15
    Nadia said:

I just checked the Little Market candles and they have a basil one – my favourite scent ever!! Do they sell them in any stores that you know of or just online? As per usual your food pick has my stomach growling, even though I've already eaten lunch haha.

37. 5.7.15

So many great links! I love Erin Andrews too! And I have a rustic wreath just like that one on my front door!!

Her Heartland Soul

38. 5.7.15

Great round up, I love that hair cut. And my High Beam is one of my favorites in my make up collection. I was definitely stalking the news feeds until they released the name of the royal baby!

39. 5.7.15

I've been going back and forth about cutting my hair into a lob! It's just so cute, but I'm a little scared lol! Also, You're not alone about the arrival of the royal baby! I love her name 🙂
    xo Emily

40. 5.7.15

LOVE Erin Andrews new haircut! I keep wanting to do the lob but chicken out every time. Maybe I'll wait til I have kids and that can be my mom haircut 😉 And of course, obsessed with all things Kate and the royal baby!

41. 5.7.15
    Christina Sotherden said:

Give me anything potato – those look so good! Loved reading that little note to Charlotte! My royal family obsession grows by the day I think!

42. 5.7.15

I'm not the hugest potato fan either, but that looks too good to not try! I'm also all over the royal baby news…she's already so adorable!

43. 5.7.15
    Jenn said:

Yes to that banister!!! So pretty! And not needing to sand? Hallelujah!

44. 5.7.15
    Ashley T said:

Thanks for sharing my link friend! 🙂 Major girl crush on Erin Andrews and now I want to cut my hair…. saving that picture for inspo!

45. 5.7.15

I love all of the royal baby news! And I'm definitely checking out the banister tip because I want to take my oak banister to espresso soon.

Tif

46. 5.7.15
    Rachel Emily said:

I love all of your picks this week! Especially the Little Market candles and the one about the royal baby! Obsessed.

47. 5.7.15
    Biana Perez said:

I actually think you and Erin Andrews could be twins – you're both so stinking sweet and adorable and I'm a huge fan of hers because she's a graduate of my Alma Mater!! You were not alone in the obsession for the little baby girl!!! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

48. 5.7.15
    Pinky said:

I am a huge Erin Andrews fan, she's fabulous in my book. And I love her hair, too. Do you think it's part of a break up chop? Can you believe her boyfriend was such a dingbat? I have two friends who named their lil girls Charlotte and now are pissed, haha.

49. 5.7.15
    Pamela said:

Those potatoes look amazing! YUM! And I'm not really the biggest fan of Erin but her hair looks AMAZING! I actually think it looks much better shorter than long!

Sequins & Sea Breezes