A Little Bit of Lace | The Creative Closet

Good morning, and welcome back from the long weekend! I hope everybody had some fun in the sun and had time to relax and reboot for the week(s) ahead.

I’m back today co-hosting The Creative Closet linkup, and I couldn’t be more excited because the prompt features one of my very favorite trends for summer (and really, all year) – lace!

Particularly during the summer months, I gravitate toward lace/crochet tops and dresses for their light, airy feeling and for an ultra-feminine bohemian vibe. I picked up this boxy cropped blouse from The Loft Outlet during a shopping spree with my mom during Mother’s Day weekend; it was on the front table as soon as I walked in, and it was in my hands approximately five seconds later.

For nearly at her due date, Jana is looking ah-mazing in that long lace cardi and fringe wedges. And, can we just appreciate how fabulous Maegen is looking only two months after having her adorable baby boy?! These ladies make pregnancy/post-pregnancy look so easy and chic.

Although this top can easily be dressed up – and definitely will be for summer date nights – I kept it low-key and casual this time around with a comfortable pair of boyfriend jeans and minimal gold accessories to keep the focus on the gorgeous lace detail on the shirt.

lace blouse: The Loft Outlet (similar & similar) | boyfriend jeans: Jennifer Lopez for Kohl’s (exact) | wedges: Old Navy (similar) | gold tassel necklace: Forever 21 (similar) | gold bangle: Kate Spade (exact)
Shop the look:
!function(doc,s,id){ var e, p; if(!doc.getElementById(id)) { e     = doc.createElement(s); e.id  = id; p = ‘//shopsensewidget.shopstyle.com/widget-script.js’; var cb = new Date().getTime(); p += ‘?cb=’ + cb; e.src = p; doc.body.appendChild(e); } if(typeof window.ss_shopsense === ‘object’){ if(doc.readyState === ‘complete’){ window.ss_shopsense.init(); } } }(document, ‘script’, ‘shopsensewidget-script’);
There definitely are some fun prompts coming up in June – I’m looking forward to seeing how each of you make these outfits your own!
 photo creativeclosetjune_zpsmdtxrml5.png
Don’t forget to link back to Jana’s or Maegen’s posts and to let people know that you’re joining us for The Creative Closet! You also can share the button at the end of your post or in your sidebar.
The Creative Closet
The Creative Closet

Can’t wait to see all of you rocking that fringe next week!

1. Courtney wrote:

I'm loving this darling spring combo, you can never go wrong with a lacy top!!

XO Courtney

Posted 6.2.15 Reply
  2. Kari wrote:

I love how this is girly but relaxed as well. I'm always on the lookout for looks like this.

Posted 5.30.15 Reply
  3. I really love lace and this top is gorgeous, looks great with boyfriend jeans.

Posted 5.28.15 Reply
  4. Jen wrote:

I love this idea! I hope to join in the next few weeks or so 🙂 Lace is one of my favorite trends for summer too. You all look fabulous!

xo, Jen

Posted 5.27.15 Reply
  5. I love the top! I never know how to do lace, so I never really like it on myself. But you are definitely rocking it!

Posted 5.27.15 Reply
  6. That's such a pretty lace top–what a great find! I love how you dressed it more casually here with jeans, sandals and pretty, simple jewelry. Love that pretty tassel necklace!

Posted 5.27.15 Reply

Such a cute top, I think you'll get a lot of wear out of it! Glad you found some cute things on our shopping trip!

Posted 5.27.15 Reply
  8. Those jeans are amazing on you!! They are perfect on your figure, very flattering. Love the lace top too and you could totally wear that year round. I hope that you had also had a wonderful weekend!! 🙂

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  9. I laughed out loud picturing it in your hands "approximately five seconds later" 😛 LOVE the entire outfit!!

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  10. I love this top, it looks like my dress! Love how you cuffed your jeans, so perfect!

XO Chelsea http://www.shesaidhesaidfashion.com/

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  11. Such a cute top! I love Loft and always find great items.

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  12. You are the sweetest! Thank you, girlfriend!

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  13. Love all your ideas for these!

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  14. You're the best, thank you for the compliment! I've never been so frustrated with my hair than I have been the past few days because I'm still figuring out how to style it straight (curling is no problem). I have a new flat iron on the way, so hopefully that helps until it grows out a little bit! Oh, and those wedges are my absolute favorite, I also have them in black. They are so comfortable!

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  15. Thanks, girl! Oh, and our weather was basically the same this weekend – we had high hopes to get all this landscaping work done, and instead only got one section dug up and half planted before the rain and storms started. Gotta love the Midwest!

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  16. That means so much to me, thank you. Yes, I'm loving the new hair look because it was time for a change, but I'm definitely still struggling with how to style it. Curling is no problem, so I'm still figuring out how to get it to look cute straight since that's my natural texture and I don't feel like curling it everyday. The cut ended up being much shorter than I anticipated, so it's a learning curve for sure!

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  17. Thank you! You all are making me feel so much better – it's been quite the transition with the hair the past few days … 🙂

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  18. You're so sweet, thanks friend!

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  19. Lace can be tricky like that – I'm sure it's all about finding the right piece and making sure the lace is the right size in proportion to your body. I"m sure you could totally rock it!

20. Thanks so much!

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  21. Thank you so much! Definitely been a bit of a learning curve with the hair the past few days – I'm still getting the hang of it!

22. Thanks, girl!

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  23. I'm with you! I know I'll be able to get a lot of wear out of it this summer.

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  24. Thanks, Ada – glad you decided to link up today!

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  25. I couldn't agree more!

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  26. You're so sweet, thank you! I think I will get a lot of use out of it. And, yes – those two have super genes or something, they look amazing!

27. Thank you!

28. Thanks, girlie!

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  29. Thanks, sweet friend!

30. Thank you!

31. Jessi Otey wrote:

You always look incredible and this is no exception!! LOVE!

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  32. I love all 3 ensembles! I would wear the lace cardigan all the time. I would debut the pink lace skirt at a Sunday brunch with my best friends. And I think the white lace top is perfect when dressed up for a date night. Happy Tuesday 🙂

Posted 5.26.15 Reply

Officially obsessed with your haircut, you look so fabulous and chic! I can't believe those shoes are from ON – I've been looking for some strappy shoes like that for the summer. These dainty gold accessories are perfection for this whole look – looove it!

Posted 5.26.15 Reply

Good morning! Hope YOU had a good weekend. No sunshine here, only rain, but it was still a wonderful long weekend 🙂 I love your top friend. I have recently found myself loving lace, even stopped a girl at lunch yesterday to ask where she got her super cute lace top. Yours is classic & perfect.

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  35. Such a cute top, you can never go wrong with some lace. And I'm loving getting to see more of your new hair cut, it is SO cute on you! Do you love it?

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  36. You can never go wrong with a cream lace top – especially in the summer! Still loving your hair, too!!

Posted 5.26.15 Reply

Love this lace look – so feminine and timeless! I'm really loving it paired with your SHORT hair; looks perfect!!

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  38. You look gorgeous! I wish I felt more comfortable rocking lace than I do! It always sounds like a good idea in my head but then I try it and feel like it doesn't work on me.

Her Heartland Soul

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  39. That top is GENIUS. You look so great.

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  40. I'm a huge fan of lace! It's so chic and feminine! Love this casual look and that hair is on point!!
    xo Emily

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  41. Such a cute top…I love that it can easily be dressed up or down!

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  42. Cute outfit! Loving that top!

43. ADA wrote:

Believe it or not I have yet to own a white lace tee like yours. Yours is so pretty and that styling is perfectly elegant yet so simple and fresh. Pleasure joining you three ladies, today. =)

Welcome by, Ada.

Posted 5.26.15 Reply

I love your lace top!! I'm totally crushing on all things lace and it explains why I just bought a dress for a wedding in the material – it totally dresses up the look! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  45. I can see why you had to have that lace top! It's gorgeous and will go with everything this summer. You are stunning, in it! And amen to Jana and Maegen with their pregnancy/post-pregnancy looks. They're incredible.

46. Jenn wrote:

Love that lace shirt! It's so pretty 🙂

47. Pinky wrote:

That lace shirt is super cute, lady!

Posted 5.26.15 Reply

Absolutely loving that top! So pretty! And it looks great with those crops too!

Sequins & Sea Breezes

49. Michaela wrote:

I love that tee! So pretty!

Michaela || The Monogrammed Midwesterner