With spring officially in full bloom, it’s the best time to revamp your makeup and wardrobe for those special date nights with your spouse or significant other.
I’m excited to team up today with Jana from Life Could Be a Dream to bring you a head-to-toe spring date night look, starting with a fresh, pastel-inspired makeup tutorial!
1. Start by priming your lids with a neutral, shimmery cream shadow. I used the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded.
2. With a large fluffy brush (my favorite is the Sigma E40), buff the shade Violet into the crease and slightly above.
3. For just a touch more depth, blend the shade All Heart into the outer corner/outer-V of the lid – I like to use the Sigma E25 or MAC 217 brush for this step.
4. With a pencil brush, go back into Violet and lightly smudge the shadow across the lower lash line. I only take it to about my pupil to avoid my eyes looking too closed off.
5. With a large flat brush, gently tap the Transforming Pearl shadow onto the middle of your lid for some added brightness. Sweep the same shade across the brow bone and in the inner corner of the eye as a highlight.
6. Curl your lashes, and finish with two coats of your favorite volumizing mascara – I’ve been back into the original CoverGirl LashBlast Volume as of late.
7. To complete the look, apply a light coral or peach blush to your cheeks and blend upward. I used Milani’s Baked Blush in Luminoso.
8. Finally, don’t forget about the lips! You can’t go wrong with a light pink lip to complete any spring makeup look. My current go-to combination is Sonia Kashuk’s Lip Definer Crayon in Pink Whisper, Revlon lipstick in Pink in the Afternoon, and NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Nude Peach.
Now, you’re almost ready for a night out on the town …
Head on over to Jana’s blog to get some inspiration on what to wear for your big date night!