Spring Date Night Makeup & Outfit

With spring officially in full bloom, it’s the best time to revamp your makeup and wardrobe for those special date nights with your spouse or significant other.

I’m excited to team up today with Jana from Life Could Be a Dream to bring you a head-to-toe spring date night look, starting with a fresh, pastel-inspired makeup tutorial!

For this tutorial, I already applied my foundation, concealer, powder and bronzer, and applied my eyebrow pencil. All the eye shadows are from the IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Palette, but any light to mid-tone and darker purple shadows will work.

1. Start by priming your lids with a neutral, shimmery cream shadow. I used the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded.

2. With a large fluffy brush (my favorite is the Sigma E40), buff the shade Violet into the crease and slightly above.

3. For just a touch more depth, blend the shade All Heart into the outer corner/outer-V of the lid – I like to use the Sigma E25 or MAC 217 brush for this step.

4. With a pencil brush, go back into Violet and lightly smudge the shadow across the lower lash line. I only take it to about my pupil to avoid my eyes looking too closed off.

5. With a large flat brush, gently tap the Transforming Pearl shadow onto the middle of your lid for some added brightness. Sweep the same shade across the brow bone and in the inner corner of the eye as a highlight.

6. Curl your lashes, and finish with two coats of your favorite volumizing mascara – I’ve been back into the original CoverGirl LashBlast Volume as of late.

7. To complete the look, apply a light coral or peach blush to your cheeks and blend upward. I used Milani’s Baked Blush in Luminoso.

8. Finally, don’t forget about the lips! You can’t go wrong with a light pink lip to complete any spring makeup look. My current go-to combination is Sonia Kashuk’s Lip Definer Crayon in Pink Whisper, Revlon lipstick in Pink in the Afternoon, and NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Nude Peach.

Now, you’re almost ready for a night out on the town …

Spring Date Night Makeup Tutorial

Head on over to Jana’s blog to get some inspiration on what to wear for your big date night!

1. Thanks, girl! I'll admit I was nervous about it at first, but as long as you BLEND like crazy, I totally think it's wearable.

Posted 5.3.15 Reply
  2. You are so sweet! I've been thinking about starting to do vlogs, so we'll see. 🙂

Posted 5.3.15 Reply
  3. Thanks, friend!

Posted 5.3.15 Reply
  4. I'm SO with you! That's why I like doing these tutorials occasionally because it forces me to use other colors in my palettes.

Posted 5.3.15 Reply
  5. Right?! Sunshine and warm weather makes all the difference around here.

Posted 5.3.15 Reply

I need to start wearing more purples because this look is so beautiful but still totally wearable!

Posted 4.30.15 Reply
  7. WE wrote:

This make is perfect for date night or just about any night outs! Love the purples and the beautiful lip shade on you..you should seriously do videos 🙂

Posted 4.30.15 Reply
  8. I've been liking the violet colors for spring too, great look lady!

Posted 4.30.15 Reply
  9. Gorgeous makeup look! I need to switch up my makeup for spring. I just get into a routine and end up doing the same look every season lol.
    xo Emily

Posted 4.30.15 Reply

Yay for spring date nights – every things more fun in the warmer weather! You look beautiful and ready to go!

Posted 4.29.15 Reply
  11. Right?! It's the best! I swear by most CG mascaras.

Posted 4.29.15 Reply
  12. I couldn't agree more! Thanks, lady!

Posted 4.29.15 Reply
  13. You are so nice, thank you! It's fun to play with color shadows every now and then.

Posted 4.29.15 Reply
  14. Thank you so much! That lippie has been my go-to all month.

Posted 4.29.15 Reply
  15. Thanks, mom – that's so sweet!

16. Thanks, Ashley!

Posted 4.29.15 Reply
  17. Thanks, girlie! I love that palette – the shadows blend together like a dream.

Posted 4.29.15 Reply
  18. I'm glad that you found this helpful!

Posted 4.29.15 Reply
  19. Thanks, lady! I definitely don't do color too much on my eyes, but it was a fun change.

20. Thanks, friend!

Posted 4.29.15 Reply
  21. Thanks, girl! I'm not one to venture outside my neutral shadows much either, but I thought these shadows were too pretty not to use!

Posted 4.29.15 Reply
  22. You totally should! This was a bit outside my comfort zone, too, but it actually came out okay!

23. Evelina wrote:

CG LashBlast is my ride or die. I have been using it for years and don't plan on stopping ever!

Posted 4.29.15 Reply
  24. Sometimes I forget to go a little heavier on the makeup for a fun night out. I focus on my outfit but sometimes makeup that's amped up a little can MAKE the look. Great tutorial!

Posted 4.29.15 Reply
  25. This is the perfect date night makeup! I love the soft shades and your eyes look amazing!

Rebecca

26. Brooke wrote:

This is the perfect spring makeup! Simple yet gorgeous! Love that shade of pink lip color!
    xoxo

Posted 4.29.15 Reply

Pretty Spring makeup! The best accessory is your smile!

28. Ashley T wrote:

Beautiful! The lip color is perfect on you!

Posted 4.29.15 Reply
  29. I love that lip combo- you look gorgeous! That looks like such a pretty palette with so many different color options!

Posted 4.29.15 Reply
  30. Beautiful look!! I like your striped top and bright necklace too. 🙂 I'm so bad at applying more than one eyeshadow so I usually just wear one. So thanks for providing a tutorial! 🙂 I hope that you have a lovely day too!! 🙂

Posted 4.29.15 Reply
  31. Looking good! Very pretty and spring-appropriate 🙂 I love a fun, colorful eye!

Posted 4.29.15 Reply

Gorgeous look girl!! I love a more dramatic eye for a night out!!! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

33. Jenn wrote:

So so pretty! Making me want to adventure out of my normal eye make up colors for date night!

Posted 4.29.15 Reply

Love it! So pretty and romantic! I haven't worn anything other than a neutral eye shadow in so long but youre making me want to try out the lilac again!

Sequins & Sea Breezes