March Beauty Favorites

Um, can anybody else believe that it’s April?! I swear that I just blinked and poof – March was gone. I suppose that’s just a sign of how busy things have been, and I’m never one to complain about being busy!

On that note, let’s get into my favorite beauty products from the month of March!

Degree Motion Sense Dry Spray Antiperspirant | So, I never thought the day would come when I would include a deodorant as a beauty favorite, but that day has arrived people! I seriously love this stuff – it takes a few uses to get used to the spray, but the fact that it dries instantly and doesn’t leave any white residue on my clothes is reason enough to make the switch from traditional solid or gel deodorant.

Sephora Crystal Nail File | I picked this up during my birthday weekend shopping trip, and Amanda’s recommendation has not failed me – this type of nail file works so much better on my nails than a traditional emery board. Plus, just a little soap and water gets it back to new.

NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien | This came as part of the free birthday gift from Sephora, and I was so excited to try these pencils out. They certainly do not disappoint – I love the creamy texture so it doesn’t dry out my lips, and the pigmentation and lasting power is fabulous. This color in particular has been my go-to shade since it’s a nice neutral color with just a touch of pink. My only beef with the product is I don’t think there’s any more in it – I’ve tried twisting the bottom to see if it’s retractable, and nothing. Is this true of the full size products or just this sample size?

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz | After months of solely using a drugstore alternative, I caved and purchased Brow Wiz as a treat to myself. I mean, there really isn’t another brow pencil out there that compares to this little wonder – I can’t believe I stopped using it in the first place! I’m all about drugstore alternatives and dupes, and while I’m sure I’ll continue to use the Maybelline pencil for certain things, there are just some beauty products that are better on the high-end scale.

Clinique Lash Building Primer | I’ve never used a lash primer before, but after seeing Katie’s before and after results with this product, I knew I had to have it. It took me a couple times to get used to the application and to gauge when it was dry to apply my mascara over it, but I’ve been loving the results. My lashes appear longer and more voluminous. This product also seems to help with preventing clumping since it separates all the lashes before applying mascara.

What were your favorite products throughout March?
Linking up with:

1. You're welcome! They're expensive so I didn't want you to throw them away. I agree with you that they should make them retractable too.

Posted 4.3.15 Reply
  2. The nail file is just too good – I'm slightly obsessed with it. I also don't think I'll ever go without that brow pencil again, too – it's just the best!

Posted 4.2.15 Reply
  3. Yes! They are such great products!

Posted 4.2.15 Reply
  4. Yes! Girl, I seriously can't thank you enough for that nail file recommendation – I don't think I'll ever use a traditional emery board again. Glad someone appreciated by deodorant recommendation – I've been loving it!

Posted 4.2.15 Reply
  5. Yes! There's a reason everybody loves that brow pencil – nothing compares!

Posted 4.2.15 Reply
  6. Ha! It's not as hard as it looks, I promise! Maybe start with the Maybelline one, though if you're interested. πŸ™‚

Posted 4.2.15 Reply
  7. The Maybelline pencil is still a good alternative to the Anastasia one, but it doesn't really come to a point – it's flatter, which makes it difficult to get a precise line. The formula also is a bit waxier, whereas the Anastasia one just seems to glide on and stays put all day!

Posted 4.2.15 Reply
  8. I think you'd like it!

Posted 4.2.15 Reply
  9. Hooray! I think you will LOVE the NARS lippies since we seem to love all the same makeup regardless of what it is. πŸ™‚

Posted 4.2.15 Reply
  10. Thanks, girl! Both are such fantastic products.

Posted 4.2.15 Reply
  11. Yes, do it! It's the best!

Posted 4.2.15 Reply
  12. Yes, the lash primer was such a great recommendation from you! I don't think I'll ever go back to a traditional nail file now.

13. Thanks, girlie!

Posted 4.2.15 Reply
  14. Oh! You're a doll for telling me that about the NARS pencils – I was so stumped by them, but that makes sense. I wish they would just make them retractable!

Posted 4.2.15 Reply
  15. The lash primer really makes a difference – I've been obsessed with it ever since I got it. The Maybelline pencil is still a great drugstore alternative to the Anastasia pencil – I just think the higher-end one brings some better results.

Posted 4.2.15 Reply
  16. It's a fabulous product!

Posted 4.2.15 Reply
  17. Girl, you will LOVE the Anastasia Brow Wiz – it's seriously the best, especially paired with the brow gel! The NARS lippies were such a great Sephora birthday gift this year – you won't be disappointed.

Posted 4.2.15 Reply
  18. Definitely try the Brow Wiz! Once you go there, you'll never go back!

Posted 4.2.15 Reply
  19. I seriously can't believe that I stopped using that brow pencil – nothing compares! I think you'd love the NARS pencil.

20. Always what I'm here for! πŸ™‚

21. Yes, it's the best!

Posted 4.2.15 Reply

I am definitely going to check out that nail file – I feel like it's hard to find a good one! I'm definitely checking out that brow pencil too – my current one is almost out!

23. Maya McDonald wrote:

I LOVE Nars lippies – and that red color looks perfect!

Posted 4.1.15 Reply
  24. Yeah!!!!! So happy that you are loving that crystal nail file honestly isn't it the best thing for your nails ever? Living in FL I will take all the deodorant recommendations that you have!!!

25. Tiffany {A Touch of Grace} wrote:

Ok, you're like the 4th person I've heard who loves the Anastasia brow pencil. I'll have to check it out. My hubby has been using a spray deodorant and really likes it too!

26. Jenna wrote:

I have never used a brow pencil because I have no idea what I'm doing! lol I will definitely have to check out that nail file!

Posted 4.1.15 Reply

My aunt gave me a glass nail file when I was in high school and I've never used anything else since! I've been seeing those dry sprays all over Youtube ads and I was curious, I might have to try that one out next. What do you find is the biggest difference in the brow pencils?

Posted 4.1.15 Reply

Thanks for the deodorant reccomendation, I've been wanting to try one of those dry sprays!

Posted 4.1.15 Reply

I can't wait to get the Sephora birthday gift next month, I've been so excited for it and even more now πŸ™‚ They have some of that deodorant in our gym bathroom, I'll have to try it out!

Posted 4.1.15 Reply
  30. I'm also a fan of the Anastasia Brow Wiz and NARS Lip Pencil. Great picks!

xo, Laura

31. Jessi Otey wrote:

I need help with all things brows so I'll check that out!!

Posted 4.1.15 Reply
  32. So glad you're loving the lash primer!! It does take a bit of practice to get it right but totally worth it πŸ™‚ Definitely going to check out the crystal nail file next time I'm in Sephora, I always cringe when I use a regular file on my nails. Happy April!

Posted 4.1.15 Reply
  33. LOVE Nars products. Great post lady!

Posted 4.1.15 Reply
  34. I have two of those NARS pencils and you have to use a pencil sharpener. It also has to be a bigger one because those pencils are fat. I have Iso Bella and Buenos Aires. So intrigued about that lash primer, especially after seeing Katie's lashes. Thanks for sharing your reviews and I hope that you have a lovely day!! πŸ™‚

Posted 4.1.15 Reply
  35. I was just wondering the other day what brow product it was that you loved, mine have been looking a little lack luster, I'll have to check that pencil out. I've never tried a lash primer either, but the results sound worth it!

Posted 4.1.15 Reply
  36. I'm intrigued by that eyelash primer!

37. The Sequin Notebook wrote:

I use the Anastasia brow gel and have been debating trying the pencil, so I think you've convinced me! Good to know you're a fan of the NARS lip pencil…I received the same free birthday gift last month and have yet to try it out, need to dig it out and give it a whirl!

Posted 4.1.15 Reply
  38. I've been wanting to try Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz! I'm currently using Benefit that should have been replaced a loooong time ago!

39. ElleSees.blogspot.com wrote:

that is the best brow pencil, it really is. and i want to try that NARS lip pencil!

Posted 4.1.15 Reply

Ohh that brow wiz sounds pretty awesome and I've been wanting to pick up one of those nail files since Amanda blogged about it as well! Thanks for the reminder!

Sequins & Sea Breezes

41. Lisa Pray wrote:

I've been meaning to buy one of those crystal nail files for awhile – glad to hear you love it!!

Posted 4.1.15 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. πŸ˜‚β€οΈ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. πŸ’πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ #thursdayvibes #loveloft
  • #Bookworms, rejoice! This is our kinda day! πŸ“š On #WorldBookDay, I simply want to say thank you to all authors. Your characters, stories and words change my life daily, and I can’t imagine a life without them. Happy reading to all! #bookstagram
  • β€œIt’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” Alice, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
β€’β€’β€’
β€’β€’β€’
  • Catalina Island is nothing short of enchanting. β˜€οΈ #catalinacasino #vacationmode #frommyview
  • California vacation part one: β˜‘οΈ. Thanks for the magic, memories and OG nostalgia Disneyland! #adultsatdisney #toontown #wallsofdisney