Beauty Empties

It’s that time again to empty out the trash! This round, skincare products take the spotlight with a couple hair and makeup products thrown in there.

Suave Dry Shampoo | I’ve talked about this product enough on here, but I just wanted to alert all of you to the new bottle packaging. So, consider yourself alerted.

Clinique Differently Moisturizing Gel (travel size) | I’ve had this travel size tube for what seems like forever, so you definitely get your money’s worth. This has been a long-time favorite moisturizer of mine, especially for the warmer months, so I’m sure I will repurchase both the full and travel sizes in the near future.

Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser | I’m a long-time fan of Aveeno products, and this was my go-to cleanser for a few years. Until recently, I relied on this cleanser to keep my skin clear and blemish-free; although I’m sure it is still just as effective, my skin seemed to become immune to it’s benefits so I made a switch (see below). I do, however, still have a backup bottle of this under my sink, and I’m sure it will get used – even if it’s just to use and clean out excess products.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser | Since I recently posted about my updated simplified skincare routine, I won’t go into much further detail about this cleanser in this post. Just know that it’s still working for me, and I still love it. That’s all.

Maybelline Clean Express Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover | This is probably the first liquid eye makeup remover that I have liked; it’s effective in getting all my eye makeup off at the end of the day, but it is still gentle enough that it doesn’t irritate my eyes. I planned to repurchase this product, but luck has it that my mom didn’t want the rest of hers, so I inherited a full bottle for free. Score!

Prescriptives Lash Envy Volumizing Mascara | Another inheritance from my mom’s beauty collection, this mascara is nothing to write home about, but it did serve well as a second coat over whatever mascara I chose for the day (typically Cover Girl’s LashBlast Volume). The brush reminds me of L’Oreal’s Voluminous mascara, but the formula isn’t nearly as wet and doesn’t transfer to my brow bone.

What beauty items have you used up recently?

1. my rite aid didn't have it UGH. i'm trying Dove instead, i'll let you know how it goes lol

Posted 4.16.15 Reply
  2. Ha! Well, maybe not quite the beauty collection that I have, but you still have some goodies in there!

Posted 4.16.15 Reply
  3. Thanks, girl! You know me, always trying to keep it affordable and accessible.

Posted 4.16.15 Reply
  4. *cue the sad face* I haven't tried many Philosophy products, but I'm sure they are fantastic.

Posted 4.16.15 Reply
  5. I agree – they have some good ones!

6. That's what I'm here for! 🙂

7. Yes! Suave is my holy grail of dry shampoos – I hope you like it. 🙂

Posted 4.16.15 Reply
  8. The Clinique eye makeup remover stuff is good, but I find it gets so ridiculously oily and stings my eyes! That's why I've been enjoying the Maybelline one because it doesn't seem to irritate my eyes as bad.

Posted 4.16.15 Reply
  9. I agree with you about Clinique! It was the first makeup brand that I ever wore, and I still continue to love their products.

Posted 4.16.15 Reply
  10. Thank you so much! Aveeno has such great products at the drugstore price level.

Posted 4.16.15 Reply
  11. Oh no, lol! Oh well, it probably still does the trick!

12. Well, I'm out, so send me one! Ha! 🙂

Posted 4.16.15 Reply
  13. Aveeno has great products, there's no question about that.

Posted 4.16.15 Reply
  14. I can only imagine how fun that was!

Posted 4.16.15 Reply
  15. I couldn't agree more! It's a great eye makeup remover.

Posted 4.16.15 Reply
  16. Yes! That's the best when you have a backup – I've been trying to be better about staying stocked up on certain products.

Posted 4.16.15 Reply
  17. I'm so glad that you like the Suave dry shampoo! It always has been my favorite.

Posted 4.16.15 Reply

I didn't know that I have a "beauty collection"! Haha!

Posted 4.16.15 Reply
  19. I love your round ups! Also so helpful and affordable products!

Posted 4.15.15 Reply

I used my last drop of my Philosophy Take a Deep Breath moisturizer this morning 🙁

Posted 4.15.15 Reply
  21. I love the Clinique moisturizers — they always feel amazing on my skin!
    xo Southern
    Style

22. I'm almost out of my Clini

Posted 4.15.15 Reply
  23. oh thank goodness. i'm out of dry shampoo and i was looking to try a new brand and now i don't have to wander aimlessly up and down the aisles deciding on one!! haha thanks for the review 🙂

Posted 4.15.15 Reply

I can't live without the Clinique moisturizer! I love all their face products! Eye makeup remover is hard to come by?! Have you ever used Clinique's? I love theirs but am always looking for more inexpensive options.. might have to check out that Maybelline

Posted 4.15.15 Reply
  25. I'm clinique obsessed! It's funny because so many people think it's an "old fashioned" brand and don't opt for it but it has SAVED my skin! I've heard the new Benefit mascara is amazing by the way – so excited to try it!

K.xo

26. Living on Cloud Nine wrote:

Just used the last of my Deep Steep foot polish (great scrub) and my cetaphil cleanser which I must buy today as use daily and love it!! I have been wanting to try Aveeno products so will start with your pick!

Nice round-up beautiful lady!

livingoncloudandreanine.blogspot.com

Posted 4.15.15 Reply
  27. That Clinique moisturizer is a good old staple, it will be around forever! I ran out of my moisturizer nearly a week ago and have been using my night cream because I literally haven't made the time to stop and pick up a new one!

Posted 4.15.15 Reply
  28. I think I have a billion of those Clinique moisturizers in travel size from all of their gifts. If you ever run out, just give me a shout! haha. I love Aveeno products too, but haven't tried any of their face products. Thanks for sharing, girl!

Posted 4.15.15 Reply
  29. I have been using the Aveeno clear complexion cream cleanser and I like it. However, I did find that it took a while to work. Thanks for sharing reviews on the other products too. I hope that you have a great day today!! 🙂

Posted 4.15.15 Reply
  30. Good to know about the Suave packaging! I may have to pick some of that up on my Target stop this afternoon. Love that you're able to swap products with your mom, we used to do that in college in my sorority… it was awesome having 50 makeup bags to get ready with!

Posted 4.15.15 Reply

Oh I like the sound of the maybelline makeup remover – they have been coming out with great stuff and I love the packaging!!! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

32. Jenn wrote:

I just recently used up my Urban Decay eye primer, but luckily I had a back up ready to go!

Posted 4.15.15 Reply

I've been wanting to try that Clinique moisturizer! Glad to hear you liked it, so I'll definitely see if I can hunt it down! I just bought that Suave dry shampoo too and I love it!

Sequins & Sea Breezes

Posted 4.15.15 Reply

• It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. 💁🏼‍♀️ #thursdayvibes #loveloft