All You Need is a Light Jacket

April is quickly becoming my favorite month of the year. We’ve had
gorgeous weather the past few days – it hasn’t been too cold or too hot.
All that I’ve needed is a light jacket! I hope you’re all catching on to my movie reference here.

dress: Old Navy (exact) | jacket: H&M (similar & similar) | shoes: Gap Outlet, old (similar) | necklace: New York & Company, old (similar & similar) | belt: American Eagle, old (similar) | sunnies: Coach Factory Outlet (exact)

This
anorak has been my go-to spring jacket lately – it provides the perfect
amount of weight and warmth during the chillier days, and I love that I
can cinch it in to give myself a more defined waist. If you also
remember from this post, my love affair with this casual dress is still going strong – now I just need a pair of tanned and toned legs to go with it.
Shop the look:
!function(doc,s,id){ var e, p; if(!doc.getElementById(id)) { e = doc.createElement(s); e.id = id; p = ‘//shopsensewidget.shopstyle.com/widget-script.js’; var cb = new Date().getTime(); p += ‘?cb=’ + cb; e.src = p; doc.body.appendChild(e); } if(typeof window.ss_shopsense === ‘object’){ if(doc.readyState === ‘complete’){ window.ss_shopsense.init(); } } }(document, ‘script’, ‘shopsensewidget-script’);

1. What a great springtime look! I've also been enjoying the warmer weather lately — it's so nice to swap my winter jackets for lighter layers!

xo, Laura

Posted 5.9.15 Reply
  2. Courtney wrote:

I'm loving everything about this chic look, especially the striped dress!!

XO Courtney

Posted 4.18.15 Reply
  3. Can I just tell you that at work today my asst manager was talking about how this jacket that we have is on the "slow seller" list and it's similar to the one that you're wearing. You just gave me an idea on how we might able to style it so that we can sell it! Thank you so much lady!! Hope that you had a nice day today and I 100% agree with you on the weather!! 🙂

Posted 4.15.15 Reply

Such a cute Spring look on you! Happy that warmer weather has finally made it up to your neck of the woods!

Posted 4.14.15 Reply
  5. Such a cute look! I love that dress! I was shocked to see it was from Old Navy!

Her Heartland Soul

Posted 4.14.15 Reply
  6. I hope you can find it! It's so comfortable and a great length – I'm so self-conscious about my thighs/legs in shorter dresses, but I don't feel uncomfortable in this one at all.

Posted 4.14.15 Reply
  7. I couldn't agree more! I don't think people truly understand what those of us who live in the Midwest go through every year waiting for this weather. 🙂

Posted 4.14.15 Reply
  8. Thanks, girl! Styling people is kind of my favorite thing to do, so maybe we'll get to do that someday. 🙂 I couldn't find the jacket online, but I'm sure H&M is still selling it – for $50, it's a fantastic jacket.

9. Thanks, Zelle! xo

Posted 4.14.15 Reply
  10. We have a wedding in a couple weeks, and after looking at these pictures, I definitely think I need to invest in some self-tanner for my legs! Sheesh … but, at least the temperatures are finally warming up. I'll take one battle at a time!

Posted 4.14.15 Reply
  11. You and your words are so sweet, thank you! I can't recommend the dress enough – it's so comfortable!

Posted 4.14.15 Reply
  12. Thanks, girl! And, I know – it's so hard not to love this weather since we waited so long for it!

Posted 4.14.15 Reply
  13. That jacket has been worn nonstop around here, too! I'm loving this jacket weather.

14. Thanks, girlie!

Posted 4.14.15 Reply
  15. Awe, thanks girl! That jacket definitely has been worn on repeat since I got it. And, thank goodness the Midwest finally is getting some of your Florida weather goodness!

Posted 4.14.15 Reply
  16. It really is! It has three-quarter length sleeves, too, which I love for the transitional temps.

Posted 4.14.15 Reply
  17. You are so sweet, thanks lady!

Posted 4.14.15 Reply
  18. I'm so with you – thanks, girl!

Posted 4.14.15 Reply
  19. Well, I'd probably take the 90 degree weather over a light jacket any day! 🙂

Posted 4.14.15 Reply

We had the same kind of weather on Sunday and it was glorious, my idea of a perfect date too 😉 I love that dress so much – I'm going to have to see if they stock it around here, it looks like the perfect length and a great pattern for dressing up or down! Fabulous look!

Posted 4.14.15 Reply

I need you to come style me! I love everything about this outfit! The dress I love because it's perfect for spring or summer and I've been looking for the perfect light weight jacket and that one looks like it does the trick!

Posted 4.14.15 Reply
  22. So pretty! I love that dress and that jacket is perfect!

xo Southern Style

Posted 4.14.15 Reply
  23. Love your new coat paired with your versatile dress. I'm with you on the legs girl – my pore midwestern winter legs are pretty sad right about now! But this weather has been amazing!

24. Living on Cloud Nine wrote:

I have been wanting that dress! You rock it Karly!!!! Looking so fresh and ready for a fabulous Spring Day!!! Happy Tuesday beautiful lady!

livingoncloudandreanine.blogspot.com

Posted 4.14.15 Reply
  25. Love!! That dress is perfect for spring and summer. I'm also loving this beautiful weather!! Yay spring!! 🙂 Hope that you have a wonderful day today today too!!

Posted 4.14.15 Reply
  26. I have a similar military green jacket that I've worn for 5 days straight now – it's perfect for this 'in between' weather! Loving that dress, too – it looks so comfy!

Posted 4.14.15 Reply
  27. Such a cute outfit! Loving that jacket!

Posted 4.14.15 Reply
  28. It looks like there is so warmer/brighter weather coming your way! I absolutely loved how you styled this look! That coat is so versatile! Fabulous as ever! xoxoxo <a href="http://meetat-thebarre.com>Amanda ~ Meet @ the Barre</a>

Posted 4.14.15 Reply
  29. Love that dress. So casual and easy to wear!

Posted 4.14.15 Reply

It really is light jacket weather – and finding the perfect one is hard!! I love the color of yours and the dress your wearing is so cute!! And those flats…ok so basically I love the whole outfit!! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

31. Jenn wrote:

Super cute!!! I am SO glad that the temps are finally warming up for everyone. I can handle a light jacket instead of a winter coat and snow boots lol. Looking fab lady!!

Posted 4.14.15 Reply

I almost bought that dress from ON! Now I wish I would have, so cute! A lightweight jacket is definitely perfect for spring…except here in FL where it's already 90 haha! Love this look!

Sequins & Sea Breezes

Posted 4.14.15 Reply

• It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. 💁🏼‍♀️ #thursdayvibes #loveloft