Weekend Snaps

Happy Monday, all!

How was everybody’s weekend? It was quite a productive one around the Anderson household.

Ryan surprised me with just because flowers at the start of the weekend – the yellow and lavender roses are right up my alley lately with my obsession for all things spring and pastel!

I’m convinced that Finley wants me to put makeup on him – his spot on my vanity bench remains one of his favorite locations in the house, plastered against my leg, of course.

I’ve had a lot of practice with baby boy gift baskets throughout the past year, and I had the opportunity to create yet another masterpiece this weekend for one of Ryan’s coworkers who is about to be a first-time dad. His girlfriend loves foxes, so I ran with that theme. Not pictured: the cutest baby slippers with fox heads on the front. To. die. for.

I think Finn was trying to tell mommy and daddy to take a break from all the housework and watch TV with him. No joke – he jumped on the couch to snatch the remote and proceeded to run all over the house with it. We couldn’t even be mad at him because it was too entertaining – who needs TV when you have an 11-month old puppy, right?!

The black and white dalmatian print curtains arrived from The Bluebird Shop! Even though I had planned to hang these in the family room, I’ve since changed my mind since the decor and overall mood we are going for in there has shifted a bit. So, since I can’t return them (oops), I think they are going to hang in the guest room instead.

The built-ins are nearly finished – Ryan worked his tush off this weekend and made significant progress on them. I’m so excited to share the final product! Ryan is even more excited to not have to build another bookshelf anytime soon. #diynovice

And, just like that – the weekend ended with warm puppy snuggles and a quick snooze on the couch.

Linking up with:

1. Nichole wrote:

Finn is seriously so adorable! What personality!! I had animal snuggles too just with a kitty cat! They can be so demotivating can't they?? Lol but can't blame them cause they are cute!

Posted 5.9.15 Reply
  2. Ryan has done such a great job on the bookshelves considering he's never done anything like this before! We both are just very anxious for it to be finished. 🙂

Posted 3.31.15 Reply
  3. Ha, right?! Sometimes I'm amazed that I'm ever productive with Finn around.

Posted 3.31.15 Reply
  4. Um, YES. You're welcome anytime.

Posted 3.31.15 Reply
  5. Good for you! Relaxing weekends are the absolute best.

Posted 3.31.15 Reply
  6. I couldn't agree with you more!

Posted 3.31.15 Reply
  7. Finn is my little companion! Seriously, he's pretty much by my side wherever I am – we got pretty lucky with getting such a sweet pup. I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate the extra curtain panel (I ordered 3) into my office – it's too long for this window because of the wide windowsill, but maybe I can figure something else out. We shall see! Glad you had a relaxing weekend after a busy week!

Posted 3.31.15 Reply
  8. Puppy snuggles are my absolute favorite!

Posted 3.31.15 Reply
  9. Thanks, lady – I'm excited for it to be done so I can share it with all of you!

Posted 3.31.15 Reply
  10. Ryan definitely did a good job with the flowers! I am trying to figure out a way to use the third curtain panel in my office – I can't have long curtains in here because of the super wide windowsill, but maybe I can rig a valence out of the extra panel or something. We will see!

Posted 3.31.15 Reply
  11. Thanks, girl! Ryan definitely did a great job with the flowers, and sweet Finn – I'm not sure what we did in life before him!

Posted 3.31.15 Reply
  12. Hopefully you're going to see them finished (probably not decorated yet, though) next weekend!

13. Thanks, lady!

Posted 3.31.15 Reply
  14. I may or may not dab his nose now and again with just a touch of powder … I mean, it's kind of hard to resist, right?! He's my little companion!

Posted 3.31.15 Reply
  15. Thanks, lady! I absolutely love creating baby gift baskets, so I'm glad they seem to turn out nice. This one was extra cute with all the fox stuff going on. 🙂 Happy Tuesday!

16. Thanks, girls!

17. They sure are! I was so excited when Ryan came home with them. 🙂

Posted 3.31.15 Reply
  18. I agree about the flowers! I've had so much practice with baby gift baskets lately, so I feel like I finally have them down – thanks girl!

Posted 3.31.15 Reply
  19. Finn sure is entertaining – we definitely are never bored around here!

Posted 3.31.15 Reply
  20. I was thinking about doing a DIY gift basket tutorial, and now I think you've convinced me! I'll have to wait until I have another baby to buy for. 🙂

Posted 3.31.15 Reply
  21. I have the same black and white obsession – I can't recommend that Etsy shop enough for curtains and throw pillows. The quality is unbelievable.

Posted 3.31.15 Reply
  22. I love all of the Finn pictures – could he be any cuter?! So excited to see the finished bookshelves!! I'm sure they are looking amazing!

23. The Adored Life wrote:

Can I come visit you for a weekend? It looks like so much fun!

24. Jenna wrote:

Those flowers are beautiful and those curtains look awesome! I had a nice relaxing weekend just being with my boyfriend, Nathan, and friends. It was SO nice!

25. Living on Cloud Nine wrote:

Those roses are gorgeous! What a guy. Love it when my husband surprises me and works his tush off!! 🙂 what a great weekend you and and Finn rocks!!

livingoncloudandreanine.blogspot.com

Posted 3.30.15 Reply

You and Finn are seriously the cutest. Those curtains would look super chic in your office/vanity room too! My weekend was pretty much the opposite – it was a crazy week last week and another planned for this week so this weekend I did a whole lot of relaxing and it was marvelous!

Posted 3.30.15 Reply
  27. Looks like you had an awesome weekend! Love the flowers. Now I want to snuggle my doggies.

Posted 3.30.15 Reply
  28. Fin is too cute! Looks like you had a super productive weekend, can't wait to see your diy living room progress!

Posted 3.30.15 Reply
  29. Just because flowers are the best! Good job hubs! They're gorgeous too. Those dalmatian print curtains are so much fun! I'd love to have those in my girly, dream office. 🙂 Hope you have a good day lady!!

Posted 3.30.15 Reply

I love flowers just because; the best!! The baby basket looks adorable; I love
    spending the time creating. Loving all the house progress your making and of course Finn, my favorite!

Posted 3.30.15 Reply

You did have a productive weekend! The basket you put together is just adorable and I'm sure will be much appreciated. I think the curtains will look great in a guest room! Can we ever get too much of Findley?! And just because flowers are wonderful, well…..just because!
    The bookcases are coming together nicely, can't wait to see them finished!

Posted 3.30.15 Reply
  32. Looks like you had a fun weekend. Loving those flowers. Happy Monday!

Posted 3.30.15 Reply
  33. I mean……be honest you have totally put a little blush on him before right? That pictures just melts my heart. Could he be any sweeter???

Posted 3.30.15 Reply
  34. Oh my gosh that fox in the basket is SO cute!! That picture of Finn sitting next to you while you do your makeup is also adorable. That was very sweet of Ryan to get you those flowers too. I'm glad that you had a nice weekend and I hope that you have a lovely day today!! 🙂

Posted 3.30.15 Reply
  35. I love those curtains – so fun! And that baby basket is such a cute idea!
    xo Emily

36. The Sequin Notebook wrote:

Those curtains are so pretty, I'm sure you'll be able to find a place for them! And just because flowers are always super sweet 🙂

37. Ashley T wrote:

Just because flowers are the best and always special to me! Adorable job on the gift basket. I love the fox theme!

38. ElleSees.blogspot.com wrote:

love the flowers! i'm a sucker for them. that;s too cute about the dog taking the remote. dog naps are the best.

Posted 3.30.15 Reply

Such a great relaxing weekend!! You'll have to share that DIY on how to make your own basket with us!! Happy Monday! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

Posted 3.30.15 Reply
  40. Such a fun weekend! I love those curtains {I'm slightly obsessed with anything black and white} and how funny that he sits there at your vanity while you do the makeup thing!!

41. Pinky wrote:

Looks like an amazingly fun weekend!

Posted 3.30.15 Reply

Looks like Finn got all kinds of attention this weekend! I bet he was loving that! Those new curtains are so pretty! I bet they'll look great in the guest bedroom. Can't wait to see the built-ins all finished! Happy Monday!

Sequins & Sea Breezes