Thinking Spring

Now that March has arrived, I am in full-blown springtime madness. The temperatures are still in the teens (some days, the single digits) and there still is snow on the ground, but nothing is going to stop this girl from embracing the sunshine and dreaming of the (hopefully) warmer days ahead.

I was a huge fan of the winter pastels trend this past season, and I think those softer shades are here to stay.

The mint sweater and blush jeans made their way home with me during my birthday shopping trip, and I’ve been itching to wear the two together ever since. To avoid looking like a bag of cotton candy, I believe the key to mixing multiple pastel shades together is to ground them with neutrals, such as a pair of nude shoes or a purse and even a flesh-tone nail polish color.

And, since springtime nights in the Midwest can be pretty chilly, I still can get away with layering with scarves for extra warmth throughout the next few months.

Will you be pairing pastel shades together this spring?

1. Right?! So with you!

Posted 5.9.15 Reply
  2. Ashley T wrote:

I need to add more mint colored items to my wardrobe!

Posted 5.9.15 Reply
  3. Pinky wrote:

PLEASE bring me spring!!! I'm read for these kind of outfits and NO WINTER COAT!

Posted 5.9.15 Reply
  4. I think we've both craving spring wear. I did a very similar post the same day
    We just got hit with more double-digit snow today, but next week is supposed to be in the 50s!

Posted 3.5.15 Reply
  5. Love your new items, I'm so itching for these warmer temps I can't stand it! I can't wait to wear spring items, loving the look of that scarf!

6. Yes, absolutely!

Posted 3.4.15 Reply
  7. That's what I'm thinking, too! I think that sweater is the only mint-colored piece that I own now.

8. Thank you!

Posted 3.4.15 Reply
  9. Thanks, girlie! I think we're all over this stupid weather and ready for sunshine.

Posted 3.4.15 Reply
  10. Thanks, girl! That polish is the perfect nude color.

11. I'm so with you!

Posted 3.4.15 Reply
  12. Right?! I would give anything to wear this outfit now.

13. Thanks, lady!

Posted 3.4.15 Reply
  14. Right?! It's supposed to be frigid here the next few days, and then it's finally going to be in the 40s (that's warm for us Midwestern people). I can't handle the tempermental temps anymore!

Posted 3.4.15 Reply
  15. Lol, I sometimes have that problem, too! Nothing that a little sun won't fix, whenever spring decides to join us!

16. Thanks, mom!

17. I'm glad to finally have some mint and blush in my wardrobe! 🙂

Posted 3.4.15 Reply
  18. This is my first time buying/owning colored skinny jeans, but the blush is neutral/subtle enough that I think I won't have trouble wearing them with different tops.

Posted 3.4.15 Reply
  19. I know, girl – this weather is so brutal!

Posted 3.4.15 Reply
  20. It's such a great color! My mom of all people introduced it to me a couple years ago – I always have a bottle or two of it in my collection!

21. I bet it's fabulous!

Posted 3.4.15 Reply
  22. Pastels and florals are everywhere right now – you definitely won't have any trouble finding them on a shopping trip!

23. Nichole wrote:

I love love love that sweater and those pants. I could use more pants like that for spring. They are so cute! A shopping trip is in need!

Posted 3.4.15 Reply
  24. Very into pastels too, love these!

Posted 3.3.15 Reply

Love this look!! Every piece you picked is so cute!!
    I don't think I've ever been more ready for spring!!

Posted 3.3.15 Reply
  26. Cutest combo with those pastels together! Loving the nail polish, too.

Posted 3.3.15 Reply
  27. The harder we wish for spring, the faster it has to come right?! Loving this outfit – I cannot wait to wear flats again!! So over my boots!

Posted 3.3.15 Reply
  28. I loooove that scarf! So ready for spring too– if only the temperature could get the hint that it's March and time to warm up!

Posted 3.3.15 Reply
  29. Those earrings are gorgeous! Great find!

Her Heartland Soul

Posted 3.3.15 Reply
  30. I just want to put all of these items in my closet and then break them out immediately! Come on Spring!! It's supposed to be 70 here tomorrow and then 33 the next day. What is that about!?!?!

Posted 3.3.15 Reply
  31. Yes! I love pastels! Even though they kind of wash me out…I still love wearing them 😉
    xo

Posted 3.3.15 Reply
  32. Love those pink skinny jeans, that scarf, and that nail color. I'm looking forward to breaking out my bright pink blazer. Oh spring, can you please hurry up and get here!! haha. 🙂

Posted 3.3.15 Reply

Spring cannot come soon enough! Looking forward to seeing that outfit on you, love those colors!

Posted 3.3.15 Reply
  34. Love all the springy goodness in this post!! I am so ready to break out the mints and blush pinks in my wardrobe.

Posted 3.3.15 Reply
  35. Can I even begin to tell you how much I love Samoan Sand?!?!? My sister got it on her nails for my wedding and I immediately bought it. The prettiest nude nail ever!

36. Jenn wrote:

I love that outfit!! I'm very ready for Spring, especially with another ice storm headed our way and maybe more snow this week. No, just no. Bring on Spring! 🙂

Posted 3.3.15 Reply

I am right there with you girl…all about pastels and just picked up a new RM bag to go with the new season…and beyond really lol! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

Posted 3.3.15 Reply

So excited for spring! I'm loving pastels and florals! I definitely need to do some spring shopping!

Sequins & Sea Breezes