Things That Thrill Me

One of my favorite bloggers Alissa wrote a great post this week about how our work as bloggers does mean something and in return, we should be compensated appropriately by brands.

A recent feature that I wrote for The Wedding Party highlights eight unique destination wedding locations – since I’m already married, now I want to plan a vacation to one of these spots!

It never occurred to me that we could build around our existing stair banister to give it a modern update.

I received the Veggetti as a birthday gift (Thanks, Ashley for the recommendation!), so now I’m excited to try recipes like this one to see what all the fuss is about.

Confession: I still have a winter wreath hanging on our front door.
In my defense, there is still snow on the ground so I don’t feel like a
total loser. This DIY wreath would be a welcome refresh for when spring decides to arrive.

So, I’m not exactly crazy about my latest hair color. I loved it for maybe a day, but now I realize that the blonde is too blonde and too much on the yellow, gold side for my taste and preference. Alas, I’m already pulling photos for when I go again in a couple months. Jennifer Aniston always has been my go-to inspiration for hair, and this photo is right up my alley.

Rugs, regardless of their size, can be pretty dang expensive. Emily rounded up some of her best picks for rugs under $300, and now I can’t wait to have the new flooring installed on the first floor so I can pick up a couple of these!

Everybody needs to stop what they’re doing and look at these gorgeous photos of Lily James from the Cinderella premiere. She truly looks like a fairy tale come true – I can’t get enough of that dress, and her hair/makeup is styled to perfection.

I always look forward to a refreshing fuzzy navel wine cooler in the summer, so if this smoothie recipe tastes the same as that (sans alcohol), I know I will be making this nearly every day.

1. Yay for a veggetti! We use ours all the time – especially with bikini season (hopefully) coming up! I saved that same rug article and can't wait to pick up a couple of her selections, just wish Brady would hurry up and get over his rug obsession!

Posted 5.9.15 Reply
  2. That happened to me the other day and I have a saved email that I shoot back with a monetary amount and the last one actually came back and agreed to it! However you know they wouldn't have offered unless I asked!

Posted 5.9.15 Reply
  3. I can't wait to hear if you like / how much you use your veggetti! There are so many amazing sounding recipes, I don't know if I would actually take the time to make the noodles though. Also, going to check out that banister article now- sounds like such a good idea!

Posted 3.6.15 Reply
  4. Happy Friday! Love that cake and hope you had a great birthday!

Posted 3.6.15 Reply
  5. Oh my gosh Chris would never go lol. Although he did go with me to see the Muppets movie! Haha.

Posted 3.6.15 Reply
  6. I can't wait to use mine! I'm such a pasta girl, so I'm hoping this will help satisfy my craving for it since I'm trying to get back in shape and lose a little bit of weight. I promise you Brady will get over the rug obsession – Finn was the exact same way as a puppy, and now he doesn't even show interest in our rugs!

Posted 3.5.15 Reply
  7. That's fantastic, good for you girl! You're so right, though – unless you present the offer, more times than most they won't even offer it themselves.

Posted 3.5.15 Reply
  8. I'm so excited to use it – I bought ingredients to use for my dinner tomorrow!

Posted 3.5.15 Reply
  9. I'm glad I got someone else to take down their winter wreath – now I just need to do the same! Jen A. seriously is the perfect blonde – too bad we all can't afford to see Chris McMillan (her hairstylist)!

Posted 3.5.15 Reply
  10. I clearly need to get on that!

Posted 3.5.15 Reply
  11. Oh, hey girl. Thank YOU for writing such an awesome post – I know so many of us have enjoyed it! xo

Posted 3.5.15 Reply
  12. Right?! I'm with you on that one!

Posted 3.5.15 Reply
  13. You understand enough about blogging through me to know that Alissa had it right in her post! I can't wait to make that smoothie – warm weather to accompany it would be nice, too!

Posted 3.5.15 Reply
  14. Glad I'm not the only one! I'm keeping an eye out for a spring wreath at the stores, but nothing has caught my eye yet. I can't wait to see Cinderella next weekend (hopefully I can talk the hubs into going), and I just want to go on vacation anywhere at this point!

Posted 3.5.15 Reply
  15. I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way about the winter/spring decor! And, doesn't Alissa rock? It was such a great post!

Posted 3.5.15 Reply
  16. I haven't thought of spring decorating ideas yet, either! I blame the fact that there is still snow on the ground, and our family room is a disaster/construction zone. I'm making the shrimp dish for myself tomorrow, and good to know about the rug!

Posted 3.5.15 Reply
  17. I'm so with you! That dress is what dreams are made of.

Posted 3.5.15 Reply
  18. I agree with you! She's my favorite on Downton Abbey, so it will be fun to see her in a different role. I'm itching to go on vacation to one of those places, too – so many options!

Posted 3.5.15 Reply
  19. I couldn't agree more!

Posted 3.5.15 Reply
  20. She really did look like Cinderella! I think she's a beautiful girl regardless, so she pretty much can wear anything and do no wrong.

Posted 3.5.15 Reply
  21. Lol, I appreciate you being sad about my hair for me! 🙂 It's not horrible or anything that I can't live with until my next appointment at least. I think we all have been inspired by Emily in some way – she pretty much paved the way for all of us!

22. Lisa Pray wrote:

You are going to loveeee the veggetti!! So many yummy and healthy meals!

23. Jessi Otey wrote:

Excellent post- you just inspired me to take down my v-day wreath TODAY. Also, I used jen S's hair for my stylist last night too- she's the perfect blonde!! Thanks for sharing the links on rugs too girl! xo

Posted 3.5.15 Reply
  24. Great links! And too funny, we just took down our winter wreath this past weekend! haha

Her Heartland Soul

25. The Adored Life wrote:

Oh hey girl. Thanks for including me in your links!!! Love ya!

Posted 3.5.15 Reply

Gosh I love that messy hair do. I swear, I always try to create the perfect messy look (sounds weird eh) but I always seem to fail lol.

Posted 3.5.15 Reply

Good post today! I'm not a blogger but I sure support what Alissa has to say, because I know how hard you work at this blog! That smoothie looks delicious, now we just need some warm weather to go along with it!

Posted 3.5.15 Reply
  28. I still have my winter wreath on the door too haha. I have a tulip wreath that I made last year that I'll put up next month. Definitely checking out those vacation destinations, and that Cinderella movie looks good! 🙂

Posted 3.5.15 Reply
  29. Great roundup! LOVED Alissa's post! Don't feel bad about the wreath – I still have wintery decor up, and I refuse to take it down until the snow is gone for good 🙂
    xo Emily

Posted 3.5.15 Reply
  30. Love that cute DIY spring wreath, I'm starting to think I need to get on the spring decor band wagon, I haven't even thought of ideas yet! That shrimp dish looks great, and that rug – I have that one and I LOVE it, it feels great under foot!

31. ElleSees.blogspot.com wrote:

ervything was perfect for lily james at that prmeiere. i cannot get over that dress she wore. it was perfect!!!

32. Jenn wrote:

Lily James is adorable. I love her character ins Downton Abbey and I can totally see her as Cinderella.
    I want to go on vacation to one of those places, too!!

33. Pinky wrote:

I can't wait to see Cinderella! I love Lilly in DA and think she's gong to be a fabulous princess!

Posted 3.5.15 Reply

I saw a few snippets of what Lilly James wore and she truly looked like a princess – so gorgeous and her dress was amazing!! Can't wait to read Alissa's post!! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

Posted 3.5.15 Reply

Oh no! I'm sad you don't love your hair but I know how you feel. That's happened to me a few too many times. Jennifer Aniston has amazing hair color. I love that rug, I almost bought it instead of the one I ended up getting! Emily always has amazing finds. Because of her my office is entirely decorated in clear and gold haha!

Sequins & Sea Breezes