The Last Fur-rah

Although it sure doesn’t seem like it this week in northern Wisconsin, spring weather is bound to make an appearance in the near future. I’m chomping at the bit to break out my spring and summer wardrobe, but I’m also feeling a bit melancholy about saying goodbye to some of my favorite fall and winter pieces – chunky-knit scarves, booties and most of all, faux fur. So, I decided to break out my favorite vest for one last hurrah – or fur-rah, if you will.

This sweater vest is one of the best Target clearance finds ever, and I’ve more than gotten my $13 worth out of it. (You can see another styling option for it here). I’m sad to pack it away until next season, but at least it got to party with my favorite crocheted chiffon top and coral stone pendant to get just a subtle taste for what spring feels like.

vest | Target (similar)
chiffon top | LC Lauren Conrad (similar)
jeans | Old Navy
booties | Simply Vera Vera Wang (similar)
necklace | Forever 21

I love this outfit SO much – perfect way to bring the fur into spring while you can! The combination of textures is amazing!

Posted 3.30.15 Reply
  2. RIGHT?! This weather is so ridiculous. We have a wedding to attend at the end of next month (April), and although I want to buy a new dress, I'm not exactly sure what kind I should purchase because I don't know if it will be hot/cold. The troubles of living in the Midwest, I tell ya.

Posted 3.30.15 Reply
  3. Thanks, girl! I've gotten so much use out of that vest that I most likely would have purchased it when it was full price! A good deal never hurts, though. 🙂

Posted 3.30.15 Reply
  4. Right?! Can't beat $13. You are so sweet, thank you!

5. Thanks, mom!

Posted 3.30.15 Reply
  6. It seems to be the same here – the weather is pretty much a constant roller coaster that will never end!

7. Right?! So agree!

Posted 3.30.15 Reply
  8. You are so sweet, thank you!

9. Thanks, Erin!

Posted 3.30.15 Reply
  10. Oh trust me – I'm SO with you, but I get weirdly attached to certain items in my closet, so I felt like I owed it to that vest to take it out one more time before packing it away. Ha. 🙂

11. Ha, right?! It's the little things. 🙂

Posted 3.30.15 Reply
  12. Thanks, girl! Happy Monday!

Posted 3.30.15 Reply
  13. That blouse is one of my favorite spring/summer tops, so I definitely will be wearing it in the months to come. 🙂 Hope you had a nice weekend!

Posted 3.30.15 Reply
  14. It's been such a great piece throughout the colder months – can't really beat the price, either! Happy Monday, lady!

Posted 3.30.15 Reply
  15. Right?! Target never disappoints!

Posted 3.30.15 Reply
  16. Thanks, girl! Fingers crossed the warm weather is coming …

Posted 3.30.15 Reply
  17. I think that's the case in Wisconsin, too! Happy Monday, lady!

18. Thanks, lady!

Posted 3.30.15 Reply
  19. Love the title, and the look! The details on your shirt on great, and I'm definitely not sad to not see my winter clothes for awhile! I just don't know when that's going to be that I can stop seeing them!

Posted 3.30.15 Reply
  20. This is so pretty and I love it paired with the necklace and the details on the shirt! What an amazing clearance find!

21. Jenna wrote:

That is an awesome deal! $13?! You always look so beautiful and happy in your pictures!!

Posted 3.27.15 Reply

Even though you look so cute, let's hope this really is the last fur-rah! The pop of eyelet does look like a touch of Spring under the vest, along with that pretty coral necklace! Happy weekend!

Posted 3.27.15 Reply

That vest is adorable; I love it! Enjoy your last uses out of it! The weather here today
    seems to just be getting colder and colder but I am so ready for my spring clothes!

24. Jessica wrote:

Nothing wrong with a vest when the weather permits!

xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

25. Amanda wrote:

Love your style! You look fabulous in this outfit!!

Posted 3.27.15 Reply
  26. So cute! White and creams look great on you!

Her Heartland Soul

Posted 3.27.15 Reply
  27. Cute! But I am so ready to pack all of my winter stuff up and I wish the weather would get the memo that it's spring already! Hope you have a good weekend girly!

28. Jessi Otey wrote:

Love it! (at least there's less snow in the background!) 🙂 🙂 Happy weekend girl! xo

Posted 3.27.15 Reply
  29. Cute vest and loving the title of this post! Hopefully spring will come soon {btw it is snowing here in Chicago- boo!}. Have a great weekend lady!

Posted 3.27.15 Reply
  30. Love your whole outfit!!! You could totally wear that blouse when spring returns, or at night during the summer. I stopped wearing my boots and I've been wearing bright colors. I even wore my new white jeans this week. I'm done with winter. Hopefully next month we won't have to deal with a weather roller coaster. Have a wonderful weekend lady!! 🙂

Posted 3.27.15 Reply
  31. It's chilly here in NC — our warm weather departed for the weekend! I have that vest in a different color, and I got so much wear out of it! Love this look, Karly! Happy Friday!
    xo Southern Style

Posted 3.27.15 Reply
  32. Yeah, NJ totally missed the memo that it's Spring since I'm back in my puffy coat today but I love this send off to Winter! I can't believe that vest was only $13! Target is seriously the best! Hope you have a great weekend! xoxo

33. Jenn wrote:

Im with Biana, the dark denim with the white shades is so pretty! Enjoy that vest while you can–warm weather HAS to be around the corner!! 🙂

Posted 3.27.15 Reply

I love the dark denim with the white shades – so pretty!! I think in Boston you could get away with the vest for a few more weeks lol! Hope you have a great weekend! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

35. Pinky wrote:

Love how you mixed the fur with more white! So pretty!

• Today was a good day to have a great day. ☀️ #happy #thursdaythoughts