Monochromatic Layers

The monochromatic trend has been around for a while now, but beyond wearing all black, I’ve never ventured too deep into these types of looks. Seeing as I love all-white looks for spring and summertime, I figured it only was a matter of time before I took the plunge and attempted a monochromatic white outfit – with my own twist, of course.

You see, the problem with blondes and monochromatic white outfits is we tend to then look like ghosts. Nobody wants a ghost lurking around, and I certainly don’t want to be that ghost. To bring in a subtle hint of color, I layered this super soft and lightweight long-length cardigan that I picked up during my birthday weekend over the outfit and popped on my new favorite pair of cheetah-print flats. I’ve also been all about layering my delicate necklaces lately, so the pop of gold and rhinestones add a little extra somethin’ to keep the outfit from looking boring.

Also, remember when this hairdo was all the rage, thanks to the one and only Lauren Conrad circa Laguna Beach/early The Hills days? I totally don’t plan on bringing it back or making it a regular habit, but hey – it works for second-day bedhead.

cardigan | H&M (couldn’t find it online!)
jeans | Old Navy
tee | Target (similar)
flats | Adrienne Vittadini Benson via DSW
necklaces | LC Lauren Conrad & Apt. 9

1. 5.9.15

Love monochromatic looks! I just picked up a new pair of white jeans yesterday and can't wait to break them out. And I totally rock that hairstyle at least once a week, it's just so easy!

2. 3.21.15

This color combo looks great on you, and the shoes and necklace really bring the look together!

3. 3.20.15

such a fun post! i love your white jeans! cute look!kelseybang.com

4. 3.18.15

I love the white on white! Great color combinations!

5. 3.18.15

That sweater is the most perfect length and weight ohhhh and the blush color is jus amazing! Oh LC I loved her style so much then and now!

6. 3.18.15
    Jessi Otey said:

Love these colors on you!! Fabulous!!

7. 3.18.15
    ElleSees.blogspot.com said:

can't believe y'all still have snow! you look awesome. i need a cardi in that color

8. 3.18.15

Loving the all white trend and those leopard flats are pretty fabulous!

9. 3.17.15

Perfect layers for this time of year! Love it!

xo Southern Style

10. 3.17.15
    Jenna said:

This is a great look! Blush always washes me out if I don't have a tan! :/ Boo!

11. 3.17.15

Thanks, Chelsea! I agree – I love the layered look lately with delicate necklaces. It's so fun when you can mix and match pieces that you already own. Thanks for stopping by!

12. 3.17.15

I'm glad I'm not the only one! It just totally reminds me of Lauren Conrad in her early hey-days, lol. I need to get a new white pair of jeans!

13. 3.17.15

Sorry that I couldn't find it! They have it in about every color possible in the store, too.

14. 3.17.15

Right?! I love that I have enough jewelry where I can randomly throw a few together to achieve the layered look. Thanks for your words, friend!

15. 3.17.15

Thanks, mom! That cardigan was a good find on our birthday shopping trip.

16. 3.17.15

Thanks, girl! I'm trying to be better about mixing prints in with solids.

17. 3.17.15

Thanks, sweet friend!

18. 3.17.15

I'm so glad! Although these jeans fit me just fine, the zipper always as been a bit funky on them, and I just realized it looks like my fly is half open in all of these. Ha! I swear it wasn't though. 🙂

19. 3.17.15

Thanks so much!

20. 3.17.15

Thank you! It was such a steal for $12 … and, I was laughing that there was still snow on the ground for these pictures even though it was 50 degrees out.

21. 3.17.15

Thank you! I can't seem to get enough of white and blush lately, so I'm glad I was able to pair the two together in this outfit.

22. 3.17.15

Thanks, lady!

23. 3.17.15

Thank goodness! I'm so glad to hear that. 🙂 Thanks, girl!

24. 3.17.15

I love this look, the pop of leopard is beautiful! That drop necklace is similar to the one I am wearing today. I love the layering of necklaces too, so chic.

XO Chelsea http://www.shesaidhesaidfashion.com

25. 3.17.15

I love everything about this. I wish you had the link to that h&m cardigan, it's such a great shade!

Sarah
    Midwest Darling

26. 3.17.15
    Nadia said:

This is soo pretty and perfect for spring! You look fab in blush as always. Those necklaces were made to be worn together!

27. 3.17.15
    Debra Stachelski said:

This is a very cute look on you, and you know I just love that blush pink color! Those flats are the perfect final touch!

28. 3.17.15

Love the combo of the blush and leopard with the white- you look beautiful!

29. 3.17.15
    Mia- MakeMeUpMia said:

So so pretty! You, the outfit and your perfect hair! Love this look 🙂

30. 3.17.15

Totally agree with you about the ghost thing haha. Love this outfit though, you look beautiful. I love layering delicate necklaces too. You have also just given me some outfit ideas for my new white jeans! 🙂

31. 3.17.15
    ADA said:

That soft blush open cardigan is so perfect for Spring and I love it with the whole white. I need one of those cardigans. The loafers are adorable as well and I love how you layered the two dainty necklaces, Carly.

Have a Happy St. Patty's! Ada. =)

32. 3.17.15
    Pinky said:

Love the winter white with the snow in the background :)! The blush cardigan is gorgeous!

33. 3.17.15

The blush cardigan with the solid white is so pretty! I love your layered necklaces, too!

34. 3.17.15
    Biana Perez said:

The blush and leopard is the perfect accent to this look!! I love white on white and you pulled it off so well!! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

35. 3.17.15
    Pamela said:

I don't think you look like a ghost at all! I love the all white with the pop of pink and leopard! Those necklaces are gorgeous too!

Sequins & Sea Breezes