Dining Room Design Plans {Carpet One #DDIY Sale}

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #InspiredHome #CollectiveBias

Although I try my hardest to focus on renovating one room at a time in our home, it’s hard for my mind not to wander off and start dreaming up new projects for each room. My latest obsession? Our formal living room and dining room.

The formal living room and dining area are one giant room off the entryway of our home, so it’s a room that I want to make an impact when people walk through the door. Both rooms currently house a hodgepodge of old furniture and things we simply haven’t unpacked yet – yes, we moved in in December – and the room is filled with old, ugly carpet.

Here is the room when we first moved in …

… and here it is now. More furniture, just as messy. #fail

Since new furniture for the living room area is not high on our priority list, I’ve already dived into dreaming up our formal dining space. First and foremost, we need to put down some new flooring. I’ve always hoped for hardwoods in the dining space with a large area rug under the table, so that’s exactly what we are planning for.

Picking out flooring is a whole new experience for Ryan and I, so when my parents suggested that we check out our local Carpet One store, we trusted their opinion. Luckily, the store didn’t disappoint!

Lucky for us, Carpet One also is running their Don’t Do It Yourself (#DDIY) Flooring Sale now through April 19, which provides up to half off select Lee’s brand carpet and up to $500 instant rebate on select hardwood, tile, laminate, LVT and more! So, now is definitely the time to shop around because, let’s face it – nobody wants to install flooring themselves.

We immediately found the hardwood flooring display at the front of the store.

We settled on these two samples to take home and test out in the room. The sample checkout process was made easy peasy by Carpet One’s friendly employees, and we also scheduled our free in-home measurement for later that week.

The contractor that came out to the house to take our room’s measurements was on-time, professional and efficient – it didn’t take more than 10 minutes for him to gather all the information that he needed! Ryan also enjoyed picking his brain about a few other projects that we have in the works for the house.

We ultimately settled on the lighter of the two flooring samples that we brought home – the Georgetown Walnut in Sandstone from the Hometown Collection.

So while we plan to install the flooring all throughout the room – and possibly, the entire first floor of our home with the exception of the family room – the dining room is the top priority.  Because of the hardwood’s soft, rustic feel, I’m leaning toward similar-feeling pieces for furniture, mostly in rustic wood tones with a touch of glam here and there. I also love the idea of a giant printed area rug to bring some interest and detail to the space.
If you’re in the market for new flooring or are planning a home renovation in the near future, be sure to check out your local Carpet One store – their employees are friendly, knowledgeable and will certainly save you from doing the project on your own.

1. Maya McDonald wrote:

I'm so excited to see the room unfold! I love your picks lady! xx

Posted 3.23.15 Reply
  2. Jenna wrote:

Love that floor choice! Can't wait to see the after pictures!!

Posted 3.21.15 Reply
  3. We are in the same state of being semi-unpacked, so I know how that goes. I love your flooring and decorating choices!

Posted 3.21.15 Reply

I always jump from room to room! We moved in at the end of the summer
    and I decided a couple weeks ago I want everything to just be done and
    decorated now so we’re on a huge house kick! Sweet deal on the half off and
    installing sales!! I love your picks on all those pieces, great style! I cannot
    wait to see the after pictures of this room, it’s going to look great!

5. Jessi Otey wrote:

Love it! Your home is going to be (is) b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l! So much fun and cannot wait to see more! Ya'll have a great weekend!

Posted 3.20.15 Reply

I'm seriously so in love with all of your giant beautiful windows. I think the floor choice you made will look so beautiful with all of that natural light! Can't wait to see how it all turns out!

Posted 3.20.15 Reply
  7. I'm not too great at it myself – I'm kind of starting to just throw things together and hoping for the best, ha!

8. Thanks, Zelle!

9. Thanks, lady! I need all the reassurement I can get. 🙂

Posted 3.20.15 Reply
  10. I sure hope so! We are lucky to have so much natural light in this house. Hope you have a great weekend!

11. Thanks, girl!

Posted 3.20.15 Reply
  12. We are SO lucky that we have that huge window in there – it was one of my favorite features of the house when we first looked at it!

13. Thanks, lady!

Posted 3.20.15 Reply
  14. Yes, it's so fun to have an idea and then see it come to fruition. Hopefully I can make it happen!

15. Thanks, girlie!

16. Helene wrote:

I am horrible at decorating- seriously terrible!! i love these ideas- can't wait to seee what it will look like!

Posted 3.20.15 Reply
  17. Can't wait to see the final product! It's going to be gorgeous!
    xo Southern Style

Posted 3.20.15 Reply

I seriously can't wait to see how everything turns out, it's going to look amazing.

Posted 3.20.15 Reply
  19. Love all of the natural light. I love your inspiration board too. Everything will look beautiful once it is done. I hope that you have a wonderful weekend too lady!! 🙂

Posted 3.20.15 Reply
  20. That flooring looks beautiful, love the inspiration board, right up my ally!

Posted 3.20.15 Reply
  21. That room has the most gorgeous natural light coming in!!!!! So beautiful!!!!

Posted 3.20.15 Reply
  22. I love the flooring you picked out and your overall inspiration for the space! I can't wait to see it once it comes together.

Posted 3.19.15 Reply

Beautiful flooring and I like your plan, too! Fun watching it all come together!

24. Jessica wrote:

Its going to look great! Can't wait to see the reveal!

xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

25. Thanks so much!

Posted 3.19.15 Reply
  26. Thanks, girlie! I hope I can pull it all together.

Posted 3.19.15 Reply
  27. Thanks, lady! I sure hope so!

Posted 3.19.15 Reply
  28. Thank you so much! I've definitely been gravitating more toward light wood, rustic tones. I blame living in northern Wisconsin for that. 🙂

Posted 3.19.15 Reply
  29. Thank you! I am so obsessed with that light fixture – it's the perfect amount of rustic and chic!

Posted 3.19.15 Reply
  30. I love your room plan! It's going to be gorgeous!

Her Heartland Soul

Posted 3.19.15 Reply
  31. Fun! Love the floors you picked and those nailhead trim chairs are perfection! Can't wait to see it all come together.

Posted 3.19.15 Reply

Your dining room is going to look amazing!!!

33. Pinky wrote:

Love the plan and inspiration! The color palette is gorgeous.

34. Jenn wrote:

I love the inspiration for your dining room! That light fixture is amazing!

• Today was a good day to have a great day. ☀️ #happy #thursdaythoughts