Top 5 Moments From 25

It’s hard to believe that I’m 26 years old today. It’s been a couple of hectic, nonstop years – it’s true when they say that time seems to speed up as you get older.

As I embark on another year, I want to reflect back on the top five moments from being 25.

1. Miss in the Midwest was relaunched.
When I originally
created Miss in the Midwest in August 2013, I didn’t have a clue what I
was doing. I was naive about the amount of time a blog actually takes
and paired with wedding planning, I inconsistently posted mediocre
content. After walking away from it for a few months, I relaunched the
blog in February of last year, which I now consider the actual anniversary of when I started it. I am so proud of this space and
thankful to everybody who reads it and the friendships that I’ve formed
as a result.

2. I pursued a part-time venture in freelance writing.
Blogging has provided me many new opportunities to work and collaborate with other bloggers and small businesses. One of the most rewarding of these opportunities is when I signed on as a contributor to The Wedding Party Blog to share my take on weddings and all the details and planning that they involve. Combining my love for writing and passion for wedding planning has been a fun adventure, to say the least, and I hope to continue on in this side project throughout the coming year.

3. Finley became my better third.

Our family grew by one last July when we brought home our little 8-pound Finny. It’s hard
to imagine life before Finn joined our family – whoever says raising a puppy isn’t hard work is lying! Now at 10 months old and nearly 25 pounds, he’s just as cute and loveable as ever.

4. Ryan and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary (and six years together!)

Mine
and Ryan’s first year of marriage was met with a lot of changes and ups
and downs, but the constant was that we remained a team and got each
other through every step. We spent our anniversary in Las Vegas, which
made for a fun, memorable trip.

5. We bought a house.

After four moves since May 2013, Ryan and I finally purchased our first house in December 2014. It is something that we saved for and dreamed of for so long – I sometimes still can’t believe that we’re homeowners! We are working hard on all our renovations and updates around the home, so I hope to share some progress with all of you soon.

25 definitely was a big year with lots of changes and milestones, and I look forward to seeing what lies ahead at 26.

Have a great weekend!

Linking up with:

1. Happy happy Birthday pretty lady! 25 was a HUGE year for you – so many amazing changes and it's been fun kind of going through them together 🙂 Hope your boys properly spoil you today!

Posted 5.9.15 Reply
  2. Happy birthday! I hope it was wonderful!

Posted 3.5.15 Reply
  3. Thanks, sweet friend!

Posted 3.1.15 Reply
  4. Thanks, mom! Had so much fun with you Friday!

Posted 3.1.15 Reply
  5. Thanks, girl! Moving forward to accomplish all the items on my to-do list is exactly what I intend to do. 🙂

Posted 3.1.15 Reply
  6. Thanks, Carly! Hope you had a great weekend!

7. Thanks so much!

Posted 3.1.15 Reply
  8. Thanks, girlie! It was SO fun to go through all these experiences together, and it looks like we aren't slowing down anytime soon! 🙂

Posted 3.1.15 Reply
  9. Thank you! You'll be happy to know that my mom spoiled me – just a bit too much. 🙂

Posted 3.1.15 Reply
  10. It was a crazy year but definitely a good one. I'm hoping 26 is just a tad calmer. 🙂 Thanks, lady!

Posted 3.1.15 Reply
  11. Thanks, lady! I took your recommendation and stopped at Len in Woodfield – it's definitely an interesting concept for a store! They had some great pieces!

Posted 3.1.15 Reply
  12. Thanks, Caroline! I appreciate your kind words. Hopefully I can continue to accomplish the many things that I have on my to-do list. 🙂 Happy Sunday!

13. Thank you so much!

Posted 3.1.15 Reply
  14. I agree with you – I definitely sent 25 out with a bang. 🙂 Happy Sunday!

Posted 3.1.15 Reply
  15. Thanks, girl! Happy Sunday!

16. Thanks so much!

17. Thanks, girlie!

18. Thanks, lady!

Posted 3.1.15 Reply
  19. Awe, 2013 definitely was a great year for weddings! Thanks for the well wishes!

Posted 3.1.15 Reply
  20. Thanks, lady! Hope you had a good weekend!

21. The Adored Life wrote:

Happy birthday to you! You've had an amazing, amazing year!

Posted 2.28.15 Reply

Happy Birthday to You! What an amazing year you just had, can't wait to see what happens next! So proud of all your accomplishments and how you've handled a lot of changes. Be happy!

Posted 2.28.15 Reply
  23. Happy Birthday gorgeous!!!! You have certainly accomplished so much this past year and I can't wait to follow you along as you hit this next year running!

Posted 2.28.15 Reply
  24. Happy Birthday! 25 was such an amazing year for you, so many huge accomplishments! Hope you have a wonderful birthday celebration this weekend!

Posted 2.27.15 Reply
  25. Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like 25 was a fab year – that anniversary picture is absolutely gorgeous! Hope you are totally spoiled this weekend and enjoy every minute of it! xoxo

26. Amanda wrote:

Happy birthday!! 25 was a great year for you! I hope you have the best day and are totally spoiled today!

Posted 2.27.15 Reply
  27. That picture of you and Finn is adorable. Sounds like a pretty amazing year. 🙂 Happy happy birthday lady!! Hope you're day is fabulous!

Posted 2.27.15 Reply
  28. Happy Birthday to one of the best blogger gals I know! So many big milestones for you this past year, I can't wait to see what 26 brings for you! Have a great day shopping, can't wait to see all your goodies!

Posted 2.27.15 Reply
  29. What a fantastic year you had. You have accomplished so much at a young age too, which I find very impressive. You look so pretty in all of your pictures too. I love that maxi dress that you are wearing in Vegas. I hope that you have a fabulous birthday weekend!! 🙂

Posted 2.27.15 Reply
  30. Wow, what a fabulous year. Congrats on the relaunch, the house and the anniversary!

31. Jenn wrote:

Yay for wedding anniversaries, new houses, and puppies!!! All 5 of these are great–so much to celebrate! 🙂

Posted 2.27.15 Reply

Some incredible milestones in your 25th year!! Wishing you a very happy birthday and an even better 26th year!! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

33. Nichole wrote:

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! I hope you have a lovely day hun<3

34. ElleSees.blogspot.com wrote:

happiest of birthdays to you! i hope that 26 is full of ever more milestones!

Posted 2.27.15 Reply

Aww happy birthday girl!!! 25 was definitely a great year for you and I bet 26 is going to be even better!

Sequins & Sea Breezes

36. Pinky wrote:

Happy birthday, pretty lady! 26 is a pretty great year and I'm sure it will be a fabulous one for you! Vegas is such a fun city, I bet you had a blast! Have a wonderful day, lady!

ps.com My husband and I were married a month before you! 2013 was a perfect year for weddings!

Posted 2.27.15 Reply
  37. Happy happy birthday!! I love that photo of you and Finny! And your house is gorgeous!! Every time I talk to my dad on the phone he ends with, "and don't forget to put away money for a house!" haha

Her Heartland Soul