Things That Thrill Me

I adore the simplicity and cuteness of this DIY canvas for Easter.

Since I have slightly-hooded eyelids, I have quite a difficult time achieving winged eyeliner. I’m going to try out this tutorial to see if it helps.

This room setup is nearly identical to our family room and what we are trying to achieve with our DIY built-ins. I hope our room looks half as good as this one.

I think this hair color could finally be the winner – appointment is Friday! (cue the happy dance)

My brother is joining Ryan and I for the Oscars Sunday night, so I thought it would be fun to put out ballots for our winner predictions.

This was a great read from Real Simple about healthy relationship signs – I’m lucky to say that Ryan and I exhibit characteristics of each of the points made.

A PB&J sandwich in the form of a smoothie? Sign me up.

I’m usually not a huge fan of squash, but my sister turned me onto it last Thanksgiving with the squash casserole that she made. This roasted garlic Parmesan version looks just as delicious.

Something about the cold weather makes me crave breakfast food – I think these waffles are in my near future.

1. I haven't had breakfast food like that in so long, so I definitely need to change that. I hope our family room turns out like that! (Wishful thinking 🙂 )

Posted 5.9.15 Reply
  2. I'm glad you like the color! Not straying too far from what I typically do.

Posted 5.9.15 Reply
  3. Thanks, lady! And yes, that recipe is a must-make in the near future.

Posted 5.9.15 Reply
  4. Jessi Otey wrote:

Love the canvas- so cute! And LOVE the hair color! Can't wait to see!

Posted 5.9.15 Reply
  5. Right?! Same here!

Posted 2.20.15 Reply
  6. You and me both, girlfriend!

Posted 2.20.15 Reply
  7. I hope you had a great hair appointment – I can't wait to see! I hope you figure out how to photograph a winged liner tutorial, I need all the help I can get!

Posted 2.20.15 Reply
  8. I agree, so cute for spring! And, thanks lady!

Posted 2.20.15 Reply
  9. Good to know, I hope to make it soon!

Posted 2.20.15 Reply
  10. You can never go wrong with waffles– and so excited to watch the Oscars!

11. The Adored Life wrote:

I want that living room!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 2.19.15 Reply

I've been trying to do a post on how I do my winged liner, but I'm finding it's so hard to photograph! I loove that hair, I already have some darker pieces underneath and I was thinking of getting some brought through the top. I have my appointment tonight so I better decide quick!

Posted 2.19.15 Reply
  13. That bunny canvas is so cute! Plus, it would be super easy to make. Good luck with your cat eye liner!

xo, Michelle
    Neon Rattail

Posted 2.19.15 Reply

I made that butternut squash recipe over the weekend, I really enjoyed it!

Posted 2.19.15 Reply
  15. Thanks, girl! I'm glad I finally have come around to squash – that recipe looks delish!

Posted 2.19.15 Reply
  16. Right?! Sounds so good!

17. Thanks, lady! Glad I finally decided on one. 🙂

Posted 2.19.15 Reply
  18. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has had cravings for waffles lately! That bunny canvas would be too cute for your spring mantel.

Posted 2.19.15 Reply
  19. Isn't that canvas the cutest?! So easy, too!

Posted 2.19.15 Reply
  20. Thank you so much! It's our first big home DIY project, but so far so good!

Posted 2.19.15 Reply
  21. Thanks, girl! Tomorrow can't get here fast enough so I can have my appointment. 🙂

Posted 2.19.15 Reply
  22. I agree with you about both!

Posted 2.19.15 Reply
  23. Those waffles look and sound so good!! Butternut squash is the only squash that I really like. Yay for a hair appointment too!! That always feels great. Oh and love that living room!!

24. shannon wrote:

I crave breakfast foods all the time and those waffles definitely look delicious! Absolutely looove that living room….so cozy and chic!

Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

Posted 2.19.15 Reply
  25. I have been craving waffles all week – I think we're having them on Sunday! And a PB&J smoothie is definitely one I could get into. It sounds delicious!

Posted 2.19.15 Reply
  26. Yay for a hair appointment! I love all the colors you've posted and I can't wait to see it on you!

Posted 2.19.15 Reply
  27. Love the canvas, I need to start working on my spring mantel! Can't wait to see what you end up doing with your hair. I hear you on the breakfast foods, favorite meal of the day, I've been eating waffles like they are going out of style!

Posted 2.19.15 Reply

I know you will be happy to get your hair done tomorrow, I like the color you have in mind! This cold weather has everyone craving comfort food, and there's some good recipes here! Should be a fun Oscar Sunday, too!

Posted 2.19.15 Reply
  29. Love that color you selected for your hair. And those built-ins are incredible! I always think built-ins add so much style and function to a room. Good luck with yours!!

Posted 2.19.15 Reply

I can't wait to see how your hair turns out this weekend!! That recipe looks so good – need try it soon!!! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

Posted 2.19.15 Reply

Yayyyy! So excited your hair appointment is finally here! Can't wait to see what it looks like! And I'm going to have to try that winged eyeliner tutorial too!

Sequins & Sea Breezes

Posted 2.19.15 Reply
  32. Omg that bunny butt canvas is TOO cute!

I also love that relationship article. It makes me feel extra lucky to be in the marriage that I am. 😀

Her Heartland Soul