Mirror Image

Months ago, I came across Stephanie Sterjovski’s blog and it instantly became one of my favorite daily reads. She has impeccable fashion sense, not to mention mad skills behind the camera – her blog and Instagram photos are some of the most gorgeous ones I’ve come across.

When I saw that this week’s prompt for the Creative Closet was to copy or recreate an outfit that you found via Pinterest, in a magazine, etc., I knew that Stephanie’s preppy apple-picking ensemble was going to be my inspiration. Luckily, we were blessed with a sunny and semi-warm day before the blizzard of the season hit, so I could at least envision that it was still fall and I was off to the apple orchard.

Also, are you guys sick of seeing this striped tee and plaid blanket scarf yet?! Well, I sure hope not because neither are going anywhere – I’ve worn both more times than I can count, which just goes to show how versatile and winning of a combination these two pieces can be in any person’s wardrobe.

Don’t forget to visit Jana and Maegen to check out their take on this week’s Creative Closet prompt!

blazer | Target (on clearance in store!)
striped tee | Target (similar)
jeans | Old Navy (exact)
blanket scarf | Target (exact)
quilted boots | Target (exact)
cross body bag | Philip Lim 3:1 for Target (last year)
sunnies | LC Lauren Conrad (old)

1. STAHHHPPP your cuteness! I have that scarf and for some reason I have the hardest time dressing it. Now I have inspiration πŸ™‚

Posted 5.9.15 Reply
  2. Jenna wrote:

Love your whole outfit! Great job on the recreation! I just found your blog and I will definitely be sticking around!

Posted 2.6.15 Reply
  3. Kari, you are the sweetest – thank you!

Posted 2.5.15 Reply
  4. Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one! Stripes all the way. πŸ™‚

Posted 2.5.15 Reply
  5. Thanks so much, lady! You're too sweet.

Posted 2.5.15 Reply
  6. Thank you so much! The blazer is a really soft texture – perfect when I want to be warm on these extra cold Midwest days!

Posted 2.5.15 Reply
  7. Yes! I literally wear that scarf with everything and anything, and it always seems to go with the outfit somehow. I know you'll come up with something great to wear it with. πŸ™‚

Posted 2.5.15 Reply
  8. Thank you, girl! Those boots are so comfortable – I'm loving them.

Posted 2.5.15 Reply
  9. Kari wrote:

Karly you are so cute! You also did so well in your recreation! I wish my feet were bigger so I could get some lovely boots like those!

Posted 2.5.15 Reply
  10. Ooh so cute! you nailed it! there is nothing wrong with a winter uniform either. Mine is a striped long sleeved tee and bright patterned scarf or a bright solid sweater with a patterned scarf. No shame. πŸ™‚ XO -Alexandra

Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

Posted 2.5.15 Reply
  11. You did such a good job recreating the look- it's almost identical! Love that scarf with the camel blazer!

Posted 2.5.15 Reply
  12. I love this!! It's so cute – the blazer looks so soft! The plaid, stripes and soft texture of that blazer are wonderful all together!

Posted 2.4.15 Reply
  13. Emily wrote:

Great look! I LOVE those boots πŸ™‚

I found you in The Modern Tulip Link Up and I've love for you to stop by!

Posted 2.3.15 Reply
  14. Thank you for stopping by!

Posted 2.3.15 Reply
  15. I couldn't agree with you more! They've become such staple pieces in my wardrobe, especially this winter with all the cold and snow that we've had. Thanks for hosting the linkup and stopping by, Jana!

16. Thanks, girl!

Posted 2.3.15 Reply
  17. Sheesh, you girls know how to make me feel pretty good about myself! Thanks, lady. πŸ™‚

Posted 2.3.15 Reply
  18. Thanks, girl! Target should still have them … if not in store, check online!

Posted 2.3.15 Reply
  19. You are so sweet, thank you! Stephanie's blog has instantly become one of my favorites – between her photos and style, I just love everything about it.

Posted 2.3.15 Reply
  20. Thanks, girlie! Kinda wish I had the same backdrop as Stephanie's photos, though. πŸ˜‰

Posted 2.3.15 Reply
  21. I am having a love affair with those boots! I desperately needed to replace my other black knee-high boots, so when I saw these on sale at Target with their fabulous quilted back, I knew they had to be mine. πŸ™‚

Posted 2.3.15 Reply
  22. Awe, thanks Becky! I've worn the striped/plaid scarf combo more times than I care to admit. But that just means they are great staples! Hope you enjoy Stephanie's blog.

23. Yes! I owe finding that blazer all to you. πŸ™‚

Posted 2.3.15 Reply
  24. You are TOO sweet. Thanks, lady!

Posted 2.3.15 Reply
  25. That scarf is one of the warmest that I own! Such a great addition to my collection this year. xo

26. Haha, that sure makes me feel good! πŸ™‚

27. Thanks, Crissy!

28. Thanks, mom!

Posted 2.3.15 Reply
  29. Right?! I'm glad you guys aren't sick of a few of these pieces yet, either. πŸ™‚

30. Yes! I hope you do. πŸ™‚

31. Thank you!

32. Thanks, sweet lady!

Posted 2.3.15 Reply
  33. If you can still find this one at Target, it was less than $12 when I picked it up! I never realized how versatile a camel blazer can be.

Posted 2.3.15 Reply
  34. Oooh, GORGEOUS! I love the camel blazer with the stripes and plaid. And no way would I get tired of those two pieces–they're so classic and you can wear them a million different ways. πŸ™‚

Posted 2.3.15 Reply

Nailed it sista! Love it, especially that scarf. Pretty snow pics too πŸ˜‰

Posted 2.3.15 Reply
  36. Loving the red with stripes, and those BOOTS! Fabulous.

37. Becky M wrote:

I love the scarf with the stripes! You look so great, and your outfit really does match hers!! I need to check out her blog now!

Posted 2.3.15 Reply

I almost chose one of Stephanie's outfits this week too, I just love her style! This is a great recreation – these colours look just perfect on you!

Posted 2.3.15 Reply
  39. Love this outfit, I want your scarf!

Posted 2.3.15 Reply
  40. I love this outfit! Very cute!

Posted 2.3.15 Reply
  41. Love this outfit combo!

42. The Adored Life wrote:

You look AMAZING Karly! I like your look even better!

Posted 2.3.15 Reply
  43. You nailed it! Isn't that blazer the best?! I'm in love with mine!

44. Jessi Otey wrote:

This is definitely a color palette made for you! You look incredible! Have a great day girl! xo

45. Crissy Fundaro wrote:

I think a pretty good job at making the style your own! You look amazing! xo

Crissy

Posted 2.3.15 Reply
  46. So cute! I have that scarf – so cozy! Stay warm!
    xo Emily

Posted 2.3.15 Reply
  47. So cute! I love the plaid scarf and striped shirt combo. I also like your scarf better, no offense to the other blogger! πŸ™‚

Posted 2.3.15 Reply
  48. Love this look! Can't go wrong with these staple pieces!

Such a cute outfit!

50. ElleSees.blogspot.com wrote:

i love this!! now I need to recreate it for myself!!! :)))

51. Jenn wrote:

Super cute look!!

Posted 2.3.15 Reply

You did a great job recreating this look!! You look gorgeous girl! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

Posted 2.3.15 Reply

Love this entire look! You convinced me I need camel blazer for sure! And love the stripes with the blanket scarf!

Sequins & Sea Breezes