Mirror Image

Months ago, I came across Stephanie Sterjovski’s blog and it instantly became one of my favorite daily reads. She has impeccable fashion sense, not to mention mad skills behind the camera – her blog and Instagram photos are some of the most gorgeous ones I’ve come across.

When I saw that this week’s prompt for the Creative Closet was to copy or recreate an outfit that you found via Pinterest, in a magazine, etc., I knew that Stephanie’s preppy apple-picking ensemble was going to be my inspiration. Luckily, we were blessed with a sunny and semi-warm day before the blizzard of the season hit, so I could at least envision that it was still fall and I was off to the apple orchard.

Also, are you guys sick of seeing this striped tee and plaid blanket scarf yet?! Well, I sure hope not because neither are going anywhere – I’ve worn both more times than I can count, which just goes to show how versatile and winning of a combination these two pieces can be in any person’s wardrobe.

Don’t forget to visit Jana and Maegen to check out their take on this week’s Creative Closet prompt!

blazer | Target (on clearance in store!)
striped tee | Target (similar)
jeans | Old Navy (exact)
blanket scarf | Target (exact)
quilted boots | Target (exact)
cross body bag | Philip Lim 3:1 for Target (last year)
sunnies | LC Lauren Conrad (old)

1. 5.9.15

STAHHHPPP your cuteness! I have that scarf and for some reason I have the hardest time dressing it. Now I have inspiration πŸ™‚

2. 2.6.15
    Jenna said:

Love your whole outfit! Great job on the recreation! I just found your blog and I will definitely be sticking around!

3. 2.5.15

Kari, you are the sweetest – thank you!

4. 2.5.15

Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one! Stripes all the way. πŸ™‚

5. 2.5.15

Thanks so much, lady! You're too sweet.

6. 2.5.15

Thank you so much! The blazer is a really soft texture – perfect when I want to be warm on these extra cold Midwest days!

7. 2.5.15

Yes! I literally wear that scarf with everything and anything, and it always seems to go with the outfit somehow. I know you'll come up with something great to wear it with. πŸ™‚

8. 2.5.15

Thank you, girl! Those boots are so comfortable – I'm loving them.

9. 2.5.15
    Kari said:

Karly you are so cute! You also did so well in your recreation! I wish my feet were bigger so I could get some lovely boots like those!

10. 2.5.15

Ooh so cute! you nailed it! there is nothing wrong with a winter uniform either. Mine is a striped long sleeved tee and bright patterned scarf or a bright solid sweater with a patterned scarf. No shame. πŸ™‚ XO -Alexandra

Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

11. 2.5.15

You did such a good job recreating the look- it's almost identical! Love that scarf with the camel blazer!

12. 2.4.15

I love this!! It's so cute – the blazer looks so soft! The plaid, stripes and soft texture of that blazer are wonderful all together!

13. 2.3.15
    Emily said:

Great look! I LOVE those boots πŸ™‚

I found you in The Modern Tulip Link Up and I've love for you to stop by!

14. 2.3.15

Thank you for stopping by!

15. 2.3.15

I couldn't agree with you more! They've become such staple pieces in my wardrobe, especially this winter with all the cold and snow that we've had. Thanks for hosting the linkup and stopping by, Jana!

16. 2.3.15

Thanks, girl!

17. 2.3.15

Sheesh, you girls know how to make me feel pretty good about myself! Thanks, lady. πŸ™‚

18. 2.3.15

Thanks, girl! Target should still have them … if not in store, check online!

19. 2.3.15

You are so sweet, thank you! Stephanie's blog has instantly become one of my favorites – between her photos and style, I just love everything about it.

20. 2.3.15

Thanks, girlie! Kinda wish I had the same backdrop as Stephanie's photos, though. πŸ˜‰

21. 2.3.15

I am having a love affair with those boots! I desperately needed to replace my other black knee-high boots, so when I saw these on sale at Target with their fabulous quilted back, I knew they had to be mine. πŸ™‚

22. 2.3.15

Awe, thanks Becky! I've worn the striped/plaid scarf combo more times than I care to admit. But that just means they are great staples! Hope you enjoy Stephanie's blog.

23. 2.3.15

Yes! I owe finding that blazer all to you. πŸ™‚

24. 2.3.15

You are TOO sweet. Thanks, lady!

25. 2.3.15

That scarf is one of the warmest that I own! Such a great addition to my collection this year. xo

26. 2.3.15

Haha, that sure makes me feel good! πŸ™‚

27. 2.3.15

Thanks, Crissy!

28. 2.3.15

Thanks, mom!

29. 2.3.15

Right?! I'm glad you guys aren't sick of a few of these pieces yet, either. πŸ™‚

30. 2.3.15

Yes! I hope you do. πŸ™‚

31. 2.3.15

Thank you!

32. 2.3.15

Thanks, sweet lady!

33. 2.3.15

If you can still find this one at Target, it was less than $12 when I picked it up! I never realized how versatile a camel blazer can be.

34. 2.3.15

Oooh, GORGEOUS! I love the camel blazer with the stripes and plaid. And no way would I get tired of those two pieces–they're so classic and you can wear them a million different ways. πŸ™‚

35. 2.3.15
    Mia- MakeMeUpMia said:

Nailed it sista! Love it, especially that scarf. Pretty snow pics too πŸ˜‰

36. 2.3.15

Loving the red with stripes, and those BOOTS! Fabulous.

37. 2.3.15
    Becky M said:

I love the scarf with the stripes! You look so great, and your outfit really does match hers!! I need to check out her blog now!

38. 2.3.15
    Nadia said:

I almost chose one of Stephanie's outfits this week too, I just love her style! This is a great recreation – these colours look just perfect on you!

39. 2.3.15

Love this outfit, I want your scarf!

40. 2.3.15

I love this outfit! Very cute!

41. 2.3.15

Love this outfit combo!

42. 2.3.15
    The Adored Life said:

You look AMAZING Karly! I like your look even better!

43. 2.3.15

You nailed it! Isn't that blazer the best?! I'm in love with mine!

44. 2.3.15
    Jessi Otey said:

This is definitely a color palette made for you! You look incredible! Have a great day girl! xo

45. 2.3.15
    Crissy Fundaro said:

I think a pretty good job at making the style your own! You look amazing! xo

Crissy

46. 2.3.15

So cute! I have that scarf – so cozy! Stay warm!
    xo Emily

47. 2.3.15

So cute! I love the plaid scarf and striped shirt combo. I also like your scarf better, no offense to the other blogger! πŸ™‚

48. 2.3.15

Love this look! Can't go wrong with these staple pieces!

49. 2.3.15
    Debra Stachelski said:

Such a cute outfit!

50. 2.3.15
    ElleSees.blogspot.com said:

i love this!! now I need to recreate it for myself!!! :)))

51. 2.3.15
    Jenn said:

Super cute look!!

52. 2.3.15
    Biana Perez said:

You did a great job recreating this look!! You look gorgeous girl! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

53. 2.3.15
    Pamela said:

Love this entire look! You convinced me I need camel blazer for sure! And love the stripes with the blanket scarf!

Sequins & Sea Breezes