New Year, New You Beauty Must-Haves

I was compensated for this shop by Collective Bias, Inc. on behalf of Neutrogena for this #NewNeutrogena campaign #AD #Collectivebias. All opinions are mine alone.

The New Year typically brings with it promise of new beauty products, both at the drugstore and high-end luxury items.

2015 has been no different so far, and I have been itching to revamp my skincare and makeup collection with some new products. You know what they say – out with the old and in with the new, right?

Since I’ve been on quite the drugstore beauty kick lately, I ventured over to Target – where else? – to see what other new beauty gems that I could find.

Neutrogena caught my eye with their new hydrating skincare line and a few new cosmetic products.

Seeing as my skin has been tragically suffering from the winter dryness, and well, the fact that I can’t resist gorgeous eyeshadow shades, I settled on the Hydro Boost Water Gel Facial Moisturizer, Hydro Boost Gel Eye Cream, and Nourishing Long Wear Eye Shadow + Built-In Primer.

The moisturizer and eye cream have been life-savers in this awful cold weather. I apply a generous amount of the facial moisturizer immediately after I wash my face in the morning, which helps eliminate my dry patches and prep my skin for a smooth application of makeup.

Once I let that sink in for a couple minutes, I apply the eye cream by gently patting it into my under eye area with my ring finger.

Once my skin has soaked up all the moisture, I move forward with applying my foundation and other face products before getting to my favorite part of my makeup routine – eyes!

This little palette packs a strong punch – the colors are right up my alley for everyday wear, and the built-in primer feature allows me to skip a traditional cream primer, which is a dream for someone with oily eyelids.

Using my ring finger as a shortcut, I tap the lightest shade in the palette all over my eyelid, into my inner corner, and onto the brow bone for a highlight.

With a fluffy tapered brush, I sweep the top brown shade into my crease. Don’t forget to blend!

Onto my favorite color in the palette, a moody mauve, I use a smaller blending brush to lightly define the outer-V of my eye.

Since I’m not much of a traditional eyeliner girl because of my hooded lids, I’m always thrilled when there is a dark enough shadow in a palette that I can use as a powder liner across my lash line. This particular shade provides me enough definition to be noticed while still remaining soft and not overpowering. I typically use a small, flat smudger brush to really get in between my lashes.

And, ta-dah! I’m left with a new look and a new me for the start of 2015. Even Finely seems to like it!

What new beauty must-haves are on your wishlist for a new you in 2015?

1. 2.10.15
    Kelsey Wilburn said:

aw what a cute pup! πŸ™‚ love this tutorial! you look great!

ladies in navy

2. 2.10.15

aw what a cute pup! πŸ™‚ love this tutorial! you look great!

ladies in navy

3. 2.9.15
    Rachel said:

You look beautiful – and I love that there is built in primer – I was starting to hate always putting primer on before putting shadow on, this helps save time for sure!

4. 2.9.15
    Rachel said:

5. 2.3.15

These moisturizers have been such a life-saver for me – my skin is so much more hydrated and balanced now.

6. 2.3.15

Haha, isn't it pretty?! It's very spa-like. And, yes – that was the new L'Oreal polish!

7. 2.3.15

You are so sweet, thank you! You MUST get a BB sponge – they are the best! Be sure to check Amazon – they have the best prices on them.

8. 2.3.15

Absolutely! Hope you enjoy!

9. 2.3.15

I think you would like them!

10. 2.3.15

It really does!

11. 2.3.15

Ha! Not sure it has anti-aging powers, but it sure does a good job of keeping the under eye area hydrated.

12. 2.3.15

Awe, thanks girl! I've worked hard to perfect my skills. πŸ™‚

13. 2.3.15
    JadeLouise Designs said:

I am loving the new eye shadows with the primer built right in! Saves so much time! #Client

14. 2.3.15
    JadeLouise Designs said:

15. 2.2.15

I love hydrating products, will have to try it!

XO Chloe

A Latte Lipstick

16. 2.1.15

I love hydrating products, will have to try it!

XO Chloe

A Latte Lipstick

17. 1.30.15
    Nadia said:

I've been seeing the Neutrogena gel creams around and they are so tempting! As always your looks are so classic and beautiful!

18. 1.30.15

That eyeshadow palette is really pretty, and those skin care products sound very nice. If that eye stuff has any anti-aging powers I want to try it! Haha. Thanks for sharing! πŸ™‚

19. 1.30.15

I haven't seen that yet, but I'm oddly loving the blue color of the packaging. Also- love your nail color! Is it your new l'oreal??

20. 1.30.15

I haven’t seen that yet, but I’m oddly loving the blue color of the packaging. Also- love your nail color! Is it your new l’oreal??

21. 1.30.15

22. 1.30.15
    Nadia said:

I’ve been seeing the Neutrogena gel creams around and they are so tempting! As always your looks are so classic and beautiful!

23. 1.30.15
    Debra Stachelski said:

I've always like Neutrogena products, may have to try these!

24. 1.30.15
    Debra Stachelski said:

I’ve always like Neutrogena products, may have to try these!

25. 1.29.15

You do such a great job with applying makeup to make it look both natural and complimentary. Loving that palette!

26. 1.29.15

27. 1.29.15

You are beautiful! My beauty must have for the year is a beauty blender! They look awesome!

28. 1.29.15