High Five for Friday

Cheers to Friday, folks! Did the week seem to drag on and on for anybody else? Sheesh – I thought the weekend would never arrive.

It’s going to be a rather low-key weekend around here since it’s Ryan’s weekend to work, and there’s some snow in the forecast. Hopefully I can take advantage of the alone time to make some more progress on home projects and to work ahead on a few freelance writing assignments.

Whatever your plans are for the weekend, I hope you have a good one! Here’s a quick rundown of the past week.

1. Ryan’s been killing it as #husbandoftheyear lately, including surprising me with a custom Chicago Blackhawks tee! Ryan received one from my brother for Christmas, and he knew how much I loved it. I received #10 because it’s my favorite player’s number – Patrick Sharp – AND since Ryan has #5, we now complete our wedding date of 10/5 when we wear them together. Cute, right?!

2. So, I know I’ve been promising a master bedroom reveal for a few weeks now. Forgive me – it is coming sometime in the near future, but there are still quite a few more things to be done than I realized. It’s mainly decor, but I want it to be picture perfect before I share it!

3. We officially have started our mad dash to see and watch all the Oscar-nominated films before the Feb. 22 show. We started with Into the Woods, and it was interesting to say the least. It’s worth it for Meryl Streep alone – there truly is nothing that woman can’t do – and Emily Blunt has a beautiful singing voice. Beyond that, the story is NOT what I expected at all. It’s actually kind of dark and depressing in my opinion. Oh, and Johnny Depp’s five-minute appearance is one of the most bizarre and perverted scenes in any movie I’ve seen.

4. Staying on the subject of movies and pop culture – again, what’s with the Bachelor this week?! Chris definitely has not turned out to be the guy that I thought he was – I think all he cares about is making out with multiple women and trying to get some. If he didn’t want to be lonely, he should’ve gone to FarmersOnly.com. Whitney is in the running for my favorite girl so far, probably because she’s too good for him.

5. I haven’t shared any recent photos of my boys, so here’s one from the other night. Finn’s new thing as of late is that he has to be sitting or laying on top of you whenever you’re sitting down. It sure makes for some precious moments.

Linking up with:

1. Tif Fannin wrote:

I can't wait to see your master bedroom reveal! We're in the process of moving/housebuying/stress fest, and I've had to remind myself that this time around, I need to pace myself because everything doesn't have to be done all at once. Wouldn't it be great if you could just move into the perfect house?!

Thanks for linking up with us!
    Tif

Posted 1.28.15 Reply
  2. Into the Woods doesn't seem like my type of movie, but at the same time it seems like such an interesting storyline and it's always a plus when the acting is good! We watched Boyhood this weekend after hearing so much hype about it and I wasn't that blown away or anything. I can't wait to see your bedroom once it's ready!

Posted 1.25.15 Reply
  3. I agree with you!

Posted 1.25.15 Reply
  4. Haha, right?! That photo wasn't staged at all either btw – Finn just crawled up on him like that!

Posted 1.25.15 Reply
  5. Lauren wrote:

I loved Into the Woods! I couldn't believe how great Emily Blunt was! And the "Agony" scene with Chris Pine was hilarious!

Posted 1.25.15 Reply
  6. Yeah! He's so handsome. 🙂 We have stores in your area and in the suburbs here too, check us out some time: http://www.evereve.com.

Posted 1.23.15 Reply
  7. Definitely killing it in the husband department how sweet is that?!?! Almost as sweet as that snuggling picture!!!

Posted 1.23.15 Reply
  8. I'm so glad somebody shares the same sentiments as me about Into the Woods! All of a sudden when people started dying, I was just sitting there with this dumbfounded look on my face like what's going on?! Chris Pine was hysterical – his musical number cracked me up.

Posted 1.23.15 Reply
  9. I really didn't know what to expect. It was still worth the money to see in the theater, but you're not missing much if you wait for it to come out on DVD.

Posted 1.23.15 Reply
  10. I know you can relate with all your recent home projects – there's always some last-minute details that hold everything up! Oh well, we will get there soon hopefully. Have a great weekend!

Posted 1.23.15 Reply
  11. Ryan rarely does things like that, so it sure was a special surprise! I'm so with you on the Bachelor! Just when you think they finally found a normal, good-hearted guy, he still turns out to be a letdown.

Posted 1.23.15 Reply
  12. Seriously?! That's so fun – I just adore him. Hope you have a good weekend!

Posted 1.23.15 Reply
  13. Absolutely! It's such a great gift idea, and I don't believe they are too costly.

Posted 1.23.15 Reply
  14. It was still a great movie, just way different from what I expected. Hope you have a great weekend!

Posted 1.23.15 Reply
  15. Thank you! My husband did a good job. And, I enjoyed Into the Woods, too – it was just different from what I expected. Hope you have a good weekend!

Posted 1.23.15 Reply
  16. I agree! And, he's not just like giving each one a simple kiss – it's typically a full-blown makeout session. Gross!

Posted 1.23.15 Reply
  17. OMG – have you never seen the FarmersOnly.com commercials?! You need to go YouTube that immediately, it will give you a good laugh.

Posted 1.23.15 Reply
  18. It was so sweet – he rarely does things like that, so that made it an extra special surprise! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Posted 1.23.15 Reply
  19. I knowww – trust me, I'm dying to show you guys! Soon hopefully. 🙂 Have a good weekend, girl!

Posted 1.23.15 Reply

That is exactly what I thought of Into The Woods! The music was fantastic, but the story after the twist was so bizarre to me – I don't understand how they just brushed off characters dying like it didn't even matter! Johnny Depps part was seriously SO creepy, and I was so surprised he wasn't in it for more time – the commercials made it seem like he was going to be a big character. Chris Pine was hilarious though!

Posted 1.23.15 Reply
  21. The wedding date thing is so adorable! I figured into the woods would be kind of dark, I still want to see it. But I'll probably wait until it comes to DVD.

Sarah
    Midwest Darling

Posted 1.23.15 Reply
  22. Definitely #husbandoftheyear material! Love that they make your wedding date. You know I'm excited to see that reveal when it's ready, I know all about things taking longer then expected – that's pretty much how I always roll! Have a great weekend!

Posted 1.23.15 Reply
  23. Way to go hubby! What a sweet guy you have! Oh my gosh, The Bachelor is just always a let down at some point. I wish they would get a decent guy to be the Bachelor sometime, but then again what decent guy is okay with dating and making out with 20 different women at one time? Oh reality tv….

Posted 1.23.15 Reply
  24. Nice Hawks shirt!! Patrick Sharp lives near the store that I work at. I'm hoping that his wife will come in some day haha. That picture of your boys is precious. 🙂 I'm not a fan of musical movies, so I'd probably hate Into the Woods. American Sniper was really good though. I hope that you have a great weekend! 🙂

25. jillian wrote:

nice blackhawks shirt! my brother and sister-in-law are super fans…i should get them a similar tee for their birthdays! xo jillian – stop by! I'm hosting a RapidLash giveaway on cornflake dreams

Posted 1.23.15 Reply

It's been a slow week, but I always look forward to your Friday post! We're seeing "American Sniper" tomorrow night, not sure if I'm looking forward to it or not, looks very intense and somewhat depressing. I'll let you know! Love the pic of "the boys", too sweet! Hope you enjoy the weekend, whatever you do!

Posted 1.23.15 Reply
  27. That is a bummer to hear about Into the Woods. It was on my list to see, but maybe I should wait on that one. So funny that you mention farmers only! I always crack up at those commercials. Hope you have a good weekend girl!

Posted 1.23.15 Reply
  28. Unfortunately I don't watch the bachelor but I love into the woods and the Tee is such an awesome gift. Happy weekend.

Posted 1.23.15 Reply
  29. Cute shirt! As a Bruins fan I understand the lure of hockey and customized T's lol. Also, yea I'm kinda disappointed in how Chris has turned out this season. I get his logic of you kiss the person you're dating but when it's that many it's just gross. Especially when it's several in one night!!

Posted 1.23.15 Reply

Is there really a farmersonly.com?! LOL…that would have been perfect for him and I agree he has literally made out with everyone on the show!! I can't wait to see the reveal and hope you have a great weekend girl! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

31. Jenn wrote:

That t-shirt! He did such a good job and that was so super sweet of him! Also, the last pic–my heart just melted!
    Can't wait to see the master bedroom reveal (but I totally get it, too, since I do the same thing before I "reveal"!
    Have a great weekend girl!

Posted 1.23.15 Reply

OMG your t-shirt is so cute! Love it! And yes, you need to do your master bedroom reveal soon! I'm dying to see it!! Love that last picture, too cute!

Sequins & Sea Breezes