Happy Friday, all!
How was your week? Mine was a rather productive one, so as always, I hope to carry that momentum into the weekend. We’re also hoping to get out and see a few of the Oscar-nominated films this weekend – American Sniper is at the top of our list, along with Boyhood, which is available at Redbox.
Whatever your plans are, I hope you have a great weekend! Here’s a quick recap of the past week.
1. Bethany and I finished collaborating on a mood board for my new blog design, and this is what we’ve come up with. I am ridiculously excited to see the first proof!
2. Is anybody else watching The Bachelor? If so, what did you think of this week’s episode? I’m starting to wonder if Chris is a bit of a dope … I mean, how in the world did he keep that mental Ashley girl another week? Oh well – I purely watch it for entertainment and for the fact that they shot a few episodes this season in my prior city of Des Moines, Iowa.
3. I scored this Vince Camuto gray tweed and faux black leather coat on clearance at TJMaxx recently, and I cannot get enough of it. It’s a super versatile coat in that it can be worn dressy or casual. I’m sure you will be seeing this jacket in a few upcoming style posts!
4. Our master bedroom is close to being decorated and finished! If you saw yesterday’s post, I purchased the Vittsjo shelf from IKEA when I was there last weekend, so I’m hoping to get it decorated and functional this weekend. Then, besides blinds, curtains and a few wall decor pieces, our first home reno project should be complete!
5. Speaking of home renovations, we took the first steps in updating the downstairs – a new eat-in kitchen and chairs! The table is from IKEA and the chairs from Pier 1. I can’t even explain just how comfortable those chairs are and how well the set fits in our kitchen. Now, we just need a new light fixture, new flooring, paint, and so on and so forth. 🙂