Whew, it’s been a hot minute since I did a High Five for Friday roundup!
If you were in the Midwest this week, I think we all deserve some kind of medal for dealing with this weather. Highs and wind chills in the negative digits? This weather officially blows (both literally and figuratively). Spring, please hurry.
I’m off to Schaumburg today for the weekend to spend some much-needed time with my mom, hit up Ikea for some goodies for the home, and attend a family baby shower. I know Finley is pretty excited to see his second set of parents, too.
Whatever your plans for the weekend, I hope you have a good one! Here’s a quick recap of my week.
1. I’m working hard to make 2015 the year of the blog – from revamping some of my content and improving my photography skills, I’m officially in makeover mode. That all starts with branding and Web design. I’ve hired Bethany from Love Grows Design, and I could not be more excited to work with her. Stay tuned!
2. Speaking of starting 2015 off right, what better way to do so than to receive a handwritten note, a piece of jewelry, and a mini-bottle of champagne in the mail? The Shopping Bag nailed this one. (I collaborated with them back in November 2014 – check out the post).
3. Have any of you been to Target lately? Their clearance and markdowns are insane on clothing, shoes and accessories. This is just a snapshot of a few things I’ve picked up recently – I’m loving the quilted slip-on sneakers and black boots. Not pictured is a cream faux-fur sweater vest and the cutest Kate Spade look-a-like evening bag.
4. As I alluded to in Monday’s post, last weekend was quite the busy one for Ryan and I as we decided to makeover our whole bedroom in one weekend, at least paint wise. I’m waiting to do a full-reveal until every last detail is finished, but here’s a quick sneak peak from when we started to paint. The color is Knitting Needles from Sherwin Williams.
5. On a final note, Finn still loves to sit with me on my vanity bench while I do my makeup – it might be a pain, but he’s too cute to resist! Please ignore how frightening I look with all my makeup done with the exception of my eyes and lips …
Linking up with: