Family Room Design Plans

Well, it has begun.

Without much planning or thought in mind, Ryan and I already have mindlessly started tearing up our family room. The wood beams are down, the clunky oak built-ins are partially disassembled, and everything is generally a mess.

On the bright side, there’s no turning back now and my mind is running rampant with design and decor ideas.

We settled on our paint color – Sherwin Williams Alpaca – the same week that we moved in, and I still love it a month later since it is a warm neutral that will pair well with practically anything.

With the old built-in’s coming out, we are going to attempt to put new ones in. In a crisp white with lots of open shelving, they hopefully should help to brighten up the room and make it look a bit more spacious.

From there, the fun stuff begins – new furniture and decor! I think a cozy two-piece sectional is in our future with a couple additional arm chairs for extra seating. I’m not afraid to mix prints and metals these days, so I’m looking to combine a few key pieces to make the room feel cozy and traditional with a modern twist (hello bold black and striped rug!).

I’m getting especially antsy to share our progress and projects with all of you, so stay tuned!

1. 1.29.15
    Mia- MakeMeUpMia said:

Well I know it'll look fabulous. Love your inspiration board. Can't wait to see 🙂

2. 1.29.15

Oh don't worry about asking me that type of question! I'm always willing to share, lol. Unfortunately, we haven't gone to look at the couch yet so I also am unaware of the price. Knowing Ashley, it's probably less than $1,000. We are planning to wait a couple weeks to go look during President's Day weekend – that's when they typically have a huge sale.

3. 1.29.15

Thanks, girl!

4. 1.29.15

This is horrible but do you mind me asking how much it was? They don't list prices on the website and I love that couch!! haha

5. 1.29.15
    Maya McDonald said:

Ooooooh! I love the colors and the patterns! I can't wait to see the final product lady! xx

6. 1.28.15

I'm so sorry about that! The link should be updated now – the couch is from Ashley Furniture.

7. 1.28.15

Your enthusiasm just made me that much more excited. 🙂 Thanks, girl!

8. 1.28.15

What a gorgeous room design! Do you have a link to the couch? Right now it's linking to the art.

9. 1.28.15
    The Adored Life said:

YYYAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I love this! So, so pretty!

10. 1.28.15

Yes, they definitely are a pain, but I'm just keeping the end result in the back of my mind at all times. Thank you!

11. 1.28.15

I so agree with you! I'm especially anxious for the transformation of this room since we spend 95% of our time in here.

12. 1.28.15

Yes! I look forward to hearing from you how you like the coffee table and what the quality is like. We are torn right now on the built-ins – we either are going to attempt to do them ourselves (following Addicted 2 Decorating's tutorial) OR we may have someone come in and do it for us if it's affordable. Stay tuned!

13. 1.28.15

I know, you're right!

14. 1.28.15

Thanks so much!

15. 1.28.15

Thank you!

16. 1.28.15

Thank you! I definitely will be sharing our progress at the projects get going. 🙂

17. 1.28.15

Thanks, girl!

18. 1.28.15

Thanks, Jenn! My husband always has wanted a sectional or L-shaped couch, so that's why we are going that route. 🙂

19. 1.28.15

Thanks, girl!

20. 1.28.15

Love love love it!! I just ordered that Target coffee table yesterday so I'll let you know how it is in person 🙂 What are you guys going to do for your built-ins? We want to do them, too but it's so intimidating! Cannot wait to see how everything turns out!

21. 1.28.15

Ooo I can't wait to see progress pictures! Love seeing a room transform, it feels so good to see what you've created and how much it's changed from the beginning!

22. 1.28.15
    Debra Stachelski said:

Half the battle is just deciding what you want to do whenever you're remodeling – and you have that covered! It will all come together beautifully in the end, it's just getting through the process that's hard! Keep Calm and Carry On!

23. 1.28.15
    Lauren Scorzafava said:

This is looking great! I love the paint color you guys chose!

xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

24. 1.28.15

Sounds like you guys are off to a great start! Good luck with everything! Can't wait to see the progress!
    xo Emily

25. 1.28.15

I agree with Brittany!! 🙂 Definitely share some pictures, and we have a similar coffee table and a sectional. The sectional is pretty big, but it's really comfortable. Hope that you're having a good day so far!!

26. 1.28.15

Ooh I LOVE your inspiration board!! It's going to look fabulous and I can't wait to see it! Good luck with putting everything together!

27. 1.28.15
    Jenn said:

Good luck!! It's fun and stressful for sure but totally worth it in the end. I love the L-shaped couch–we'll be doing that in our basement when we re-do everything down there!

28. 1.28.15
    Biana Perez said:

I have no doubt it's going to come together so beautifully!! I love your design plan and I'm so happy you found a color easily! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

29. 1.28.15
    Pamela said:

Good luck girl! Home renovations are such a pain but it will be worth it in the end and it's going to look amazing! Love the color scheme you have picked out!!