Everyday Winter Eyes {feat. Lorac Pro 2}

Although I received quite a few new eyeshadow palettes for Christmas (you can see my gift recap here), I’ll admit that I’ve been experimenting most with the LORAC Pro 2 palette. I was partially biased to it from the start given that it was a gift from Ryan and because the original Lorac Pro palette is my holy grail of all palettes and shadows that I own.

I have yet to dip a brush in every single shadow available in the palette, but there are a select few that I’ve used on repeat to create an everyday look suitable for the colder Midwest temperatures.

Not photographed: I primed my eyes with LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer.

1. With a large flat brush, swipe Buff all over the lid and up to the crease.

2. Using a fluffy dome-shaped brush, buff Lt. Brown into the crease.
Because I have slightly hooded eyelids, I also buff the shadow slightly
above my crease to create more of a shadow.

3. With a fluffy angled brush, sweep Rose onto the lid and inner corner for a pop of shimmer and highlight.

4. Pat Cool Gray into the outer corner of the eyelid with a
small, flat brush. Lightly blend into the crease and lash line for
subtle definition.

5. Taking a pencil brush, lightly
extend Cool Gray onto the lower lash line only to the outer part of the
pupil. Make sure the shadow is connected to the upper outer corner for a
seamless look.

6. Going back to Buff with the same large flat brush or a smaller
flat, stiff brush, lightly sweep the shadow on the brow bone as a
highlight.

7. Give the lashes a good curl – I pump my curler 10 times at both the base and tips of my lashes.

8. Finish the look with a thick coat of your favorite black mascara.

You’re left with a subtle daytime look with an appropriate amount of definition and drama. This has been my go-to look for a few weeks now, and it goes with nearly any outfit.

This look also easily transitions from day to night – simply add more Cool Gray to the outer corner for a darker, smokey effect and black liquid liner to the top lash line.

I’d love to see all of you recreate this look! If you try out this specific eye shadow combination or one inspired by the tutorial, be sure to tag me on Instagram @msinthemidwest and use #mitmbeauty.

Do you have the Lorac Pro 2 palette? What is your favorite shadow combination from the palette?

1. You are so sweet, thank you! And, yes – you must buy it. 🙂

Posted 2.2.15 Reply
  2. Kristy Simon wrote:

So flawless! Your cheeks are the perfect pink flush of color, too.

Posted 1.21.15 Reply
  3. I think you should just buy both! 😉 You can't go wrong with either palette – the first one has a larger selection of warm-toned shadows, while the second one focuses more on cooler tones.

Posted 1.20.15 Reply
  4. It really is! The original Lorac palette is my holy grail, too.

Posted 1.20.15 Reply
  5. I swear by the Lorac palettes – I love the UD palettes, too, but they just don't compare to Lorac shadows!

6. Thank you!

Posted 1.20.15 Reply
  7. Thanks, girl! I've been trying to be better about mixing up my eye looks since I almost always gravitate toward warm, matte shades, but mixing cool and warm-toned shadows together provides a lot of depth.

Posted 1.20.15 Reply
  8. You definitely should – the colors are beautiful!

Posted 1.20.15 Reply
  9. It's all about using the right brushes for your eye shape and size to get the shadows to blend well!

10. Thank you!

11. Thanks, girl!

Posted 1.20.15 Reply
  12. I really think you'd love it – you can't go wrong with either of the Lorac palettes!

Posted 1.20.15 Reply
  13. Thank you! It's such a great go-to look.

Posted 1.20.15 Reply
  14. You are too sweet, thank you!

Posted 1.20.15 Reply
  15. I LOVE this look! I think this is my favorite eyeshadow look on you! It's gorgeous girl. And now I must buy that palette!

Posted 1.20.15 Reply
  16. This look is gorgeous and looks so good on your eyes! I want the original one so bad but I love the colors in the 2 now too so I am conflicted!! 🙂

Love Always,

Elizabeth

thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

Posted 1.20.15 Reply
  17. Love this look! Perfect for everyday wear. I have the original Lorac palette and adore it so I can only imagine how great the second one is, too!

Posted 1.19.15 Reply
  18. Becky M wrote:

This looks awesome – maybe even better than the urban decay one?! Love the tutorial!

Posted 1.19.15 Reply
  19. Ashley Angle wrote:

Great tutorial! Love the outcome!
    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

Posted 1.19.15 Reply

This is such a beautiful look, I love the balance of the warmer and cooler colours together! Great tutorial too, picture tutorials can be so tricky but this is fantastic!

Posted 1.19.15 Reply
  21. That palette looks great, those colors are right up my alley. I'm going to have to check it out! Love the tutorial.

Posted 1.19.15 Reply
  22. Very pretty!! That palette looks great too. I'm horrible at this whole blending eyeshadow thing, so I always just wear one color. Thanks for providing a tutorial though, I'll have to try it. I hope that you had a nice weekend too! 🙂

Posted 1.19.15 Reply

Very pretty! Love the soft colors!

Posted 1.19.15 Reply
  24. Pinky wrote:

That palette is super pretty, love how you styled your eyes!

Posted 1.19.15 Reply
  25. Ashley T wrote:

This is beautiful Karly!! I’m going to keep this eye palette in mind. All of the colors are just my style!

Posted 1.19.15 Reply

This is like my go-to look!! You look gorgeous!! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

Posted 1.19.15 Reply

Love this! You are gorgeous girl!!!

Sequins & Sea Breezes

Posted 1.19.15 Reply

• It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. 💁🏼‍♀️ #thursdayvibes #loveloft