Everyday Wardrobe Essentials {Outfit Inspiration}

Since I work from home, one question I often get asked is how I put together an outfit that is stylish and presentable but still comfortable and casual for around the house.

Well, I’ll be the first to admit that it’s not always easy to change out of my sweatpants, especially in these negative-degree temperatures we currently are experiencing. However, I do have a go-to outfit that always is clean and ready-to-go in my closet if I don’t feel like putting much thought into that day’s look.

I practically live in dark-wash skinny jeans, and a white tee layered with a black boyfriend blazer and over-sized scarf prevents me from being cold or looking boring. Complete with a pair of ankle boots, some arm candy and statement earrings, I’m ready to take on the day.

What are your go-to wardrobe essentials?
blazer | LC Lauren Conrad (on sale!)
white tee | Old Navy
skinnies | Old Navy
scarf | Zara (on sale!)
booties | Target
gold bangle | Kate Spade
earrings | Target (on sale!)

1. Today is my day off and I'm not leaving the house! I meant to ask you too, when you click on my name, does it take you to my site? I just want to make sure. Stay warm today lady!!

Posted 1.7.15 Reply

My go to attire is pajamas on more days than I like to admit! I would love to be able to wear some of the stylish things you showcase on the blog! Help!

Posted 1.7.15 Reply
  3. I love a good blazer- they really can go with almost anything! One of my goals for this year is to try and wear more accessories! Even when I think to buy them I rarely remember to wear them!

Posted 1.7.15 Reply

These are prefect picks for every day. Those earrings are so cute I can't believe they're from Target!

5. Emily wrote:

These are all the perfect picks for every day essentials! I'm a bit fan of the over sized scarf too. πŸ˜‰

Isn’t That Charming.

Posted 1.6.15 Reply
  6. I don't know if I'd be able to resist staying in my pjs all day if I worked at home! I'm sure it's much easier to be productive if you get dressed though and I love the above attire!

Posted 1.6.15 Reply

I practically live in skinnies, a plain tee and some statement jewelry too. Our work dress code is business casual so I love that πŸ™‚

Posted 1.6.15 Reply
  8. Haha, I remember those days! I was all about leggings and oversized sweaters during the holidays – mostly just to cover my food baby. πŸ™‚

Posted 1.6.15 Reply
  9. H&M has great blazers! You just reminded me that I want to buy a pair of grey skinnies … off to Internet shop I go!

Posted 1.6.15 Reply
  10. You really should have one in your closet! H&M or Forever 21 usually has good, affordable options.

Posted 1.6.15 Reply
  11. They are the perfect layering piece!

Posted 1.6.15 Reply
  12. Thanks, girl! Yes, this weather is ridiculous. Stay warm!

Posted 1.6.15 Reply
  13. I just picked those earrings up a few days ago, and I've been wearing them everyday. The struggle is real on some days to get out of my sweats, but I try to always make an effort. I feel like I'm more productive that way!

Posted 1.6.15 Reply
  14. Thanks, lady! Old Navy and Target has the best basic tees.

Posted 1.6.15 Reply
  15. I'm the exact same way! I love my light wash jeans, but the darker pairs can be worn casual or a bit more dressed up!

Posted 1.6.15 Reply
  16. Leggings and over sized sweaters have been my go-to at home lately! Having to take Brady out every couple of hours helps me not just stay in sweats and my robe all day πŸ˜‰

Posted 1.6.15 Reply
  17. Grey skinnies with my tieks……which is exactly what I am wearing to work today with an oversized sweater. Pretty much my uniform πŸ˜‰ I love a good blazer. H&M have been my go to for the past few buys!

Posted 1.6.15 Reply
  18. Love it! I've got to invest in a good blazer… I love the way they can dress up any outfit. Great post!

19. The Adored Life wrote:

I am definitely all about blazers as of late!

Posted 1.6.15 Reply
  20. If I worked from home I would be in sweat pants all day haha. Good for you for putting on a cute outfit though!! I hope that you are staying warm too, this weather is brutal!! πŸ™

Posted 1.6.15 Reply
  21. Those Target earrings are great! It would be dangerous if I worked from home, I don't know if I'd ever get out of my sweats if I wasn't leaving the house! This time of year my go to's are definitely leggings and warm over sized sweaters.

Posted 1.6.15 Reply

I can imagine that working from home does have it's challenges too! I love the look you put together – finding a nice. comfy white shirt is so hard and I love that one you found!! Great look girl! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

Posted 1.6.15 Reply

Such a great classic look! If I worked at home I definitely would live in sweat pants LOL! I love dark wash jeans though. I only have one pair of light wash but like 20 dark haha!

Sequins & Sea Breezes