A Little Bit Girly, A Little Bit Bohemian

Let’s face it – if you’ve read my blog for any length of time, it’s not hard to figure out that I am a girly girl. I rarely stray from my typical feminine, preppy style because it’s what I like and what I’ve come to learn looks good on me. I also rarely attempt anything too complex with my hair – it’s as straight as hay with zero texture or hold.

Well, this look threw out all of the above statements.

I recently found this fur sweater vest on clearance at Target, and I knew it would be the perfect addition to my ever-growing faux fur collection. I love that the fur is soft and not bulky, and the back is a knitted sweater material, which makes it both warm and comfortable to wear.

Until I started blogging, I never would have thought to pair fur with a rhinestone-embellished sweater. But now, why not!? Complete with my attempt at a double side dutch braid, this outfit makes me feel equal parts girly and hippie – perfect for embracing my former flower child days and maintaining my femininity.

faux fur vest | Target (similar)
sweater | Elle for Kohl’s (old)
jeans | Old Navy (exact)
boots | Bass Outlet (similar)

1. 2.2.15

I looove your hair! Did you use the BFB frontrow braid tutorial?? That vest is so pretty good- I love the color.

2. 2.2.15

I have this vest and I wear it weekly! Girl, you look stunning and this outfit it totally up my alley with all the neutral tones! Love the braids too πŸ™‚

3. 1.21.15
    Kristy Simon said:

So cute! Boho glam.

4. 1.21.15

It looks so good! I watched it but haven't tried yet!

5. 1.21.15
    KatWalkSF said:

This look is FANTASTIC! Love!

-Kat

6. 1.21.15
    Maya McDonald said:

Faux fur and gems? Sign me up! Also, your hair is adorable – so so cute!

7. 1.20.15

Adorable hair style! Love the braids

8. 1.20.15
    The Adored Life said:

Your hair looks so good like that! You should wear it like that more often! So pretty.

9. 1.20.15

Thank you! Not going to lie – it took me nearly 45 minutes to get it to look like that! I'm out of practice with braids. It's funny you say that about making more of an effort with hair this year because that's also one of my goals!

10. 1.20.15

Thanks, girl! And, I know – we definitely were feeling the braid vibes this week!

11. 1.20.15

I'm glad I'm not the only one relishing in the awesomeness of this vest – isn't it just the best? And, for less than $13 on clearance, it's even better. πŸ™‚

12. 1.20.15

Your hair looks SO GOOD! I'm always so boring with mine too but maybe I should make it a 2015 resolution to step outside the box?! I'm obsessed with braids right now!

13. 1.20.15
    Nadia said:

We are totally on the same wavelengths with our hair! I love how the rhinestones just peek out of that vest – paired with your dainty jewelry it is just perfect!

14. 1.20.15
    Jenn said:

Really?? Man I love Target! I haven't seen that vest at my Target but Ill have to keep an eye out!

15. 1.20.15

Yeah, girl! I'm way out of practice with braids, so this one took me a while.

16. 1.20.15

Yes, that's the tutorial that I followed! Granted I did some things different because I was getting frustrated and losing patience, but I followed her overall instructions.

17. 1.20.15

Thanks, girl!

18. 1.20.15

Well, this braid was the result of about 5 previous attempts – ha! I'm definitely out of practice with braiding. And, you know I love my idiom bracelet! πŸ™‚

19. 1.20.15

Thanks, mom!

20. 1.20.15

Thanks, girl! I'm out of practice with my side braids, so this one definitely took me a while to get right. But practice makes perfect!

21. 1.20.15

Thank you! It took me nearly 45 minutes to get it to look that way … I definitely am not a hair guru.

22. 1.20.15

Right?! It was less than $13 on the clearance rack at Target, so basically it needed to come home with me.

23. 1.20.15

Thank you! Target for the win, as always.

24. 1.20.15

Thanks, girl! It took me probably 45 minutes to get my hair that way – ha!

25. 1.20.15

Those braids look fabulous! You know I've been all about the side braids lately πŸ˜‰

26. 1.20.15
    Pamela said:

This is such a cute look! Love the fur vest and your hair is so cute!

27. 1.20.15

Love the hair! Every time I attempt any sort of cute braid like that it's an epic fail! I spot that gold idiom bracelet! Love the look.

28. 1.20.15
    Debra Stachelski said:

Very cute look on you! You have a real knack for putting it all together and making it look good! Yes, you've always been a girly girl.

29. 1.20.15

Love that vest and that sweater!! So cute on you!! Your hair looks beautiful too!! My hair is really thick, it would probably take someone hours to get it like that haha. There are definitely plenty of looks/styles that I never tried until I started working where I work. So I hear ya on that! πŸ™‚ Hope that you're enjoying your day so far!

30. 1.20.15
    Stacy G said:

I LOVE your hair! I wish I could braid like that. Your outfit is perfect. It looks soo good on you!! xo

31. 1.20.15
    ElleSees.blogspot.com said:

what a dang find!!! you totally scored on that one. i need an embellished sweater asap. love the look.

32. 1.20.15
    Jenn said:

That vest…well the whole outfit, looks so good! I've seen some fur vests that look reeeeeally gross and cheap, but this one is great and I haven't seen any in a cream color! Love the whole look!!

33. 1.20.15
    Biana Perez said:

Love this look on you girl!!! I am loving the rhinestone sweater underneath and your hair looks amazing!! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston