Winter Pastels {Outfit Inspiration}

Although I’m typically more into darker colors and jewel-tones during the winter months, I’ve recently found myself gravitating toward softer pastel colors in both my wardrobe, accessories and makeup.

I’m not sure if it’s because of my newly-brightened-up winter blonde hairdo or the abundance of cream sweaters in my closet, but I’ve found that lighter colors in the winter provide a much-needed feminine touch to otherwise gray and dreary days. Not to mention that lighter colors remind me of spring, and well, that can’t come soon enough around here.

Shop this post:

!function(doc,s,id){ var e, p; if(!doc.getElementById(id)) { e = doc.createElement(s); e.id = id; p = ‘//shopsensewidget.shopstyle.com/widget-script.js’; var cb = new Date().getTime(); p += ‘?cb=’ + cb; e.src = p; doc.body.appendChild(e); } if(typeof window.ss_shopsense === ‘object’){ if(doc.readyState === ‘complete’){ window.ss_shopsense.init(); } } }(document, ‘script’, ‘shopsensewidget-script’);

Are you a fan of winter pastels?

1. 2.2.15

I think that winter pastels are very pretty in the winter. I like wearing colorful sweaters during the winter, its a nice alternative to black and grey. I also honestly find that wearing bright colors during the winter takes away the winter blahs. πŸ™‚ Hope that you're having a great day so far too lady! πŸ™‚

2. 12.4.14
    Nadia said:

I love that jacket, I'm on the hunt for a new wool coat and I'm on the fence between light grey, baby pink or mint!

3. 12.4.14
    Kristy Simon said:

That blazer is everything.

4. 12.3.14

Glad to hear that! πŸ™‚

5. 12.3.14

You inspired me yesterday and I wore a bright color sweater to work! πŸ™‚

6. 12.3.14

I have a pair of drop mint earrings I found at TJ Maxx, but I scored my white and mint button earrings at Forever21 for like $3, and I wear them all the time!

7. 12.3.14

I can't get enough of the light blue/mint colors either – perfect for this time of year!

8. 12.3.14

I think they are so pretty!

9. 12.3.14

So many pretty picks! I love all the light blues!

10. 12.3.14

Love the earrings!

11. 12.2.14

I knew you'd like those!

12. 12.2.14

πŸ™‚ Glad I'm not the only one!

13. 12.2.14

That blazer is from Old Navy! I was looking for that blush jacket that you recently bought when I came across that one.

14. 12.2.14

Right?! I have to resist not buying all of them!

15. 12.2.14
    Debra Stachelski said:

I love these colors, so soft and so pretty! I'm going to check out those earrings, love them!

16. 12.2.14

Love pastels in the winter too!

17. 12.2.14

I am obsessed with pastels right now, too! Looooving that baby blue blazer. And you are right – spring cannot come fast enough!

18. 12.2.14
    Jessi Otey said:

yup- loving this color palette and ALL of the items within it!

19. 12.2.14

"Pastels are the new black" is totally going to be my new phrase. πŸ™‚ These colors just bring much-needed light to these gray days we are having. I can't get enough!

20. 12.2.14

That's how I originally found it from one of your recent blog posts (I think it was the roundup of Black Friday sales?). I saw it on your post and was like yep – I need that. Maybe soon!

21. 12.2.14

Right?! I'm thinking about ordering them for myself, ha!

22. 12.2.14

I agree with you! Some color during the winter reminds me of the warmer months to come. Happy Tuesday!

23. 12.2.14

I vaguely remember those earrings you are talking about from one of your style posts – were they a TJMaxx find? I always keep my eye out for ones like that there! I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't necessarily follow style or seasonal trends – I wear what I want! πŸ™‚

24. 12.2.14

Right?! They are such a fun mix-up from the usual darker shades we tend to wear this time of year. I've had Marshmallow on my nails for the past two weeks – I love it!

25. 12.2.14

I have been wearing Marshmallow on my nails non-stop the past couple weeks!

26. 12.2.14

You really are a girl after my own heart! I agree 100%, this inspiration board is so feminine and lovely compared to the dreary days outside. Pastels are the new black πŸ™‚

27. 12.2.14

Seriously that pink faux fur vest is haunting me! I really want to add it to my collection!

28. 12.2.14
    Mia- MakeMeUpMia said:

YES I'm a fan too! Love those earrings, so dainty & pretty.

29. 12.2.14

Pastels are so pretty in the winter! Love those earrings, I have 2 similar pairs to the white and mint and go to them all the time. I always have a hard time liking whats 'supposed' to be winter colors, this is a great alternative!

30. 12.2.14
    Pamela said:

I love winter pastels! SO fun! And I have that Essie color and I LOVE it! I've never worn it in winter though, I should probably try that!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

31. 12.2.14
    Biana Perez said:

I have yet to find the perfect white shade of nail polish, but I really need to try Marshmallow! I think pastels are great year round too!!