Winter Pastels {Outfit Inspiration}

Although I’m typically more into darker colors and jewel-tones during the winter months, I’ve recently found myself gravitating toward softer pastel colors in both my wardrobe, accessories and makeup.

I’m not sure if it’s because of my newly-brightened-up winter blonde hairdo or the abundance of cream sweaters in my closet, but I’ve found that lighter colors in the winter provide a much-needed feminine touch to otherwise gray and dreary days. Not to mention that lighter colors remind me of spring, and well, that can’t come soon enough around here.

Shop this post:

!function(doc,s,id){ var e, p; if(!doc.getElementById(id)) { e = doc.createElement(s); e.id = id; p = ‘//shopsensewidget.shopstyle.com/widget-script.js’; var cb = new Date().getTime(); p += ‘?cb=’ + cb; e.src = p; doc.body.appendChild(e); } if(typeof window.ss_shopsense === ‘object’){ if(doc.readyState === ‘complete’){ window.ss_shopsense.init(); } } }(document, ‘script’, ‘shopsensewidget-script’);

Are you a fan of winter pastels?

1. I think that winter pastels are very pretty in the winter. I like wearing colorful sweaters during the winter, its a nice alternative to black and grey. I also honestly find that wearing bright colors during the winter takes away the winter blahs. πŸ™‚ Hope that you're having a great day so far too lady! πŸ™‚

Posted 2.2.15 Reply

I love that jacket, I'm on the hunt for a new wool coat and I'm on the fence between light grey, baby pink or mint!

Posted 12.4.14 Reply
  3. Kristy Simon wrote:

That blazer is everything.

Posted 12.4.14 Reply
  4. Glad to hear that! πŸ™‚

Posted 12.3.14 Reply
  5. You inspired me yesterday and I wore a bright color sweater to work! πŸ™‚

Posted 12.3.14 Reply
  6. I have a pair of drop mint earrings I found at TJ Maxx, but I scored my white and mint button earrings at Forever21 for like $3, and I wear them all the time!

Posted 12.3.14 Reply
  7. I can't get enough of the light blue/mint colors either – perfect for this time of year!

Posted 12.3.14 Reply
  8. I think they are so pretty!

Posted 12.3.14 Reply
  9. So many pretty picks! I love all the light blues!

Posted 12.3.14 Reply
  10. Love the earrings!

Posted 12.3.14 Reply
  11. I knew you'd like those!

Posted 12.2.14 Reply
  12. πŸ™‚ Glad I'm not the only one!

Posted 12.2.14 Reply
  13. That blazer is from Old Navy! I was looking for that blush jacket that you recently bought when I came across that one.

Posted 12.2.14 Reply
  14. Right?! I have to resist not buying all of them!

Posted 12.2.14 Reply

I love these colors, so soft and so pretty! I'm going to check out those earrings, love them!

Posted 12.2.14 Reply
  16. Love pastels in the winter too!

Posted 12.2.14 Reply
  17. I am obsessed with pastels right now, too! Looooving that baby blue blazer. And you are right – spring cannot come fast enough!

18. Jessi Otey wrote:

yup- loving this color palette and ALL of the items within it!

Posted 12.2.14 Reply
  19. "Pastels are the new black" is totally going to be my new phrase. πŸ™‚ These colors just bring much-needed light to these gray days we are having. I can't get enough!

Posted 12.2.14 Reply
  20. That's how I originally found it from one of your recent blog posts (I think it was the roundup of Black Friday sales?). I saw it on your post and was like yep – I need that. Maybe soon!

Posted 12.2.14 Reply
  21. Right?! I'm thinking about ordering them for myself, ha!

Posted 12.2.14 Reply
  22. I agree with you! Some color during the winter reminds me of the warmer months to come. Happy Tuesday!

Posted 12.2.14 Reply
  23. I vaguely remember those earrings you are talking about from one of your style posts – were they a TJMaxx find? I always keep my eye out for ones like that there! I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't necessarily follow style or seasonal trends – I wear what I want! πŸ™‚

Posted 12.2.14 Reply
  24. Right?! They are such a fun mix-up from the usual darker shades we tend to wear this time of year. I've had Marshmallow on my nails for the past two weeks – I love it!

Posted 12.2.14 Reply
  25. I have been wearing Marshmallow on my nails non-stop the past couple weeks!

Posted 12.2.14 Reply
  26. You really are a girl after my own heart! I agree 100%, this inspiration board is so feminine and lovely compared to the dreary days outside. Pastels are the new black πŸ™‚

Posted 12.2.14 Reply
  27. Seriously that pink faux fur vest is haunting me! I really want to add it to my collection!

Posted 12.2.14 Reply

YES I'm a fan too! Love those earrings, so dainty & pretty.

Posted 12.2.14 Reply
  29. Pastels are so pretty in the winter! Love those earrings, I have 2 similar pairs to the white and mint and go to them all the time. I always have a hard time liking whats 'supposed' to be winter colors, this is a great alternative!

Posted 12.2.14 Reply

I love winter pastels! SO fun! And I have that Essie color and I LOVE it! I've never worn it in winter though, I should probably try that!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Posted 12.2.14 Reply

I have yet to find the perfect white shade of nail polish, but I really need to try Marshmallow! I think pastels are great year round too!!

Posted 12.2.14 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. πŸ˜‚β€οΈ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. πŸ’πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ #thursdayvibes #loveloft
  • #Bookworms, rejoice! This is our kinda day! πŸ“š On #WorldBookDay, I simply want to say thank you to all authors. Your characters, stories and words change my life daily, and I can’t imagine a life without them. Happy reading to all! #bookstagram
  • β€œIt’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” Alice, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
β€’β€’β€’
β€’β€’β€’
  • Catalina Island is nothing short of enchanting. β˜€οΈ #catalinacasino #vacationmode #frommyview
  • California vacation part one: β˜‘οΈ. Thanks for the magic, memories and OG nostalgia Disneyland! #adultsatdisney #toontown #wallsofdisney