Things That Thrill Me

Happy Thursday, all! How’s everybody handling the first full week back at work since the holiday? This tends to be one of the most hectic times of year, so I’m sure you’re all keeping busy!

On that note, let’s jump right into things that thrilled me this week! If you’re new to the blog or these posts, this is weekly roundup of links that I’ve collected via Pinterest or across the Web that I find worthy of sharing. Enjoy!

*Please pin all images from their original sources.

Back on Track Green Detox Smoothie. I was hooked on green smoothies for a bit, but then life got crazy and I fell off the bandwagon. I think we all could use one of these detox smoothies with all the holiday cooking and eating that we’ve been indulging in!

Pretty Christmas Living Rooms. Now that we’ve purchased our first home and are about to move in, my mind is running wild with holiday decor ideas. This particular photo is exactly how I envision our formal living room (probably next year). The soft and neutral color palette is right up my alley.

Handwritten Recipe on Platter. Wouldn’t this make a fantastic gift? In my opinion, there’s nothing better than giving and/or receiving a handmade gift with a personal touch.

Squash Casserole. You guys … my sister made this casserole for Thanksgiving, and oh.em.gee. I’m not sure if I even like squash on it’s own, but in this casserole, it’s pretty delectable. This would be a great addition to any upcoming Christmas gatherings and meals!

Winter White Pants and Grey Chunky-Knit Sweater. I’ve been lacking in my effort to wear my white skinnies more this season, but this outfit is definitely something I can get behind. I adore it’s casual, cozy chic vibe.

Copycat Panera Macaroni & Cheese. For as often as I eat Panera (probably once a week … guilty), I’ve never tried their mac & cheese. This photo makes it look pretty damn delicious, though, so I think I’m going to have to try out this recipe AND order it next time I’m there. Yum.

Snow Globe Terrariums. Various versions of these have been all over Pinterest lately, and I can’t get enough. They look fairly easy and inexpensive to make, and you basically can make them look however you’d like. I find this to be a great alternative to spending lots of money on those Christmas village sets – I’m holding out to get one of my mom’s someday!

8 Shades of Grey from Benjamin Moore. Ah, the great search for the perfect grey paint continues. I found this to be another great reference chart, so I’m sure I’ll keep it handy when it comes time for us to give our new home some color.

Daniel Wellington Watches. If you’re still in the market for a great gift for the man or woman in your life, you cannot go wrong with a DW watch. They are classic, timeless styles that you or someone else will love forever. The best part is that right now, you can use discount code holiday_whatkarlysaid at checkout to receive 15% off your order! You also can get free gift wrapping with the purchase of an extra strap this week only. Don’t miss out!

Be sure to follow me on Pinterest to stay up-to-date on my latest thrills!

1. 12.5.14

That is the game plan girl!

2. 12.5.14
    Nadia said:

I agree, I've never had a full size portion since it's so rich, but as a side it's the perfect little slice of cheesey heaven!

3. 12.5.14

So much goodness in this post! I haven't had a green smoothie in forever either, but that one sounds like a delicious combo! Also, that squash casserole?! YUM!

4. 12.5.14

I still haven't tried the mac and cheese yet but any time I go in there…..it is totally calling my name! Those snow globe terrariums are such a fun idea. I love decorating for Christmas 🙂

5. 12.4.14

I had Panera for dinner tonight, so I had the mac & cheese as a side. So delicious! I definitely don't think I could eat a full-size bowl of it given how filling it is. That recipe platter would be so cute gifted with an apron – good idea!

6. 12.4.14

It did! It was the best side dish at Thanksgiving this year. 🙂

7. 12.4.14

I know – those terrariums are too cute!

8. 12.4.14

That outfit is the perfect way to wear white during the winter – so cozy and chic!

9. 12.4.14

The Classy Sheffield is on its way to me, too. 🙂 They are just such classic, timeless watches. Keep me posted on your paint hunt – I think we have similar taste in color palettes, so I'll definitely be referencing your opinions on paint in the coming weeks!

10. 12.4.14

I sure hope so!

11. 12.4.14

Lol, I suppose it does look like the tree is a bit lopsided in that photo. I won't be able to go all out with my Christmas decorating in the new house this year given the lack of time, but that gives me something to look forward to next year. Hope you had a good day!

12. 12.4.14

There definitely were lots of great things floating around Pinterest and the Web this past week! I've seen the recipes on the tea towels, too, and I think any type of thing like that would make such a great gift. You are too sweet – I'm definitely excited to get into this house and make it our home!

13. 12.4.14

Right?! I have a similar sweater that's a bit darker, but I'm sure I could get the same effect as that outfit. I hope you'll do a Christmas home decor reveal when you're finished!

14. 12.4.14
    Nadia said:

Girl you NEED to try the mac & cheese at Panera, it is SO good! That recipe dish is genius, I just may use that this year to go with the apron I'm giving one of my friends!

15. 12.4.14
    Kristy Simon said:

I'm happy that my squash casserole made such a great impression on you! 🙂

16. 12.4.14
    Abby said:

Oh my, those handwritten recipe platters would be such a thoughtful and sentimental gift! I've never seen anything like them but I'm in love! Now I really want to make a snow globe terrarium, too!!

17. 12.4.14
    Mia- MakeMeUpMia said:

That living room is stunning and I LOVE that outfit, so festive 🙂 Those watches are so pretty!

18. 12.4.14

Where to start?! That living room is fabulous and totally agree with the 8 gray Benjamin Moore paints. I'm on the hunt for the perfect cream/beige for our bedroom right now! And love those Daniel Wellington watches – I got the classy Sheffield and have been wearing it everyday!

19. 12.4.14
    Debra Stachelski said:

Wow, so many great things this week! I love the terrariums, and I'm drooling over the recipes! Maybe you will inherit a village from me one day!

20. 12.4.14

Love those terrariums, so pretty! That living room is gorgeous, (but doesn't it look like that tree is about to fall over? haha) and I look forward to seeing some pictures of your decorating. I'm sure that it will be beautiful. 🙂 That sweater with those jeans looks so chic yet cozy. I hope that you have a wonderful day lady!!

21. 12.4.14

I am loving everything in this post! That handwritten recipe on the platter is amazing! I've seen that done with tea towels too and think it's such a great idea! I'm swooning over that living room and those terrariums too. I cannot wait to see the new house lady! You are going to do an amazing job decorating it I'm sure!!

22. 12.4.14

Great round up! That green smoothie sounds like one I could get behind. And that living room, right up my alley with the neutral decor – I hope to get mine finished this next week! And that outfit, now I need that sweater!

23. 12.4.14

I'm heading to Panera today, so I may need to finally try the mac & cheese! That serving dish would make the perfect gift.

24. 12.4.14

That squash casserole is on another level of deliciousness – you won't regret it!

25. 12.4.14

Right?! It gives me home envy!

26. 12.4.14

I love trying out new mac & cheese recipes, so I'm sure I'll be making that in the near future. And, that outfit just screams winter to me!

27. 12.4.14

Um, that's a genius money-saving tip. I'll have to remember that when it comes time for us to buy paint!

28. 12.4.14

I never thought to try to DIY that platter – what a great idea!

29. 12.4.14

Well, I'm headed to Panera today for lunch so I may just have to try this mac & cheese once and for all!

30. 12.4.14
    Ashley Angle said:

Panera Mac and Cheese is the best! LOVE that serving dish!!!
    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

31. 12.4.14

Oh that smoothie!! I need to try ASAP! And that squash casserole has me intrigued! Adding it to our dinner menu!
    LOVING the white skinnies outfit! Reminds me that I need to pull mine out of my closet more!

32. 12.4.14

I love seeing how people decorate their houses for Christmas too! There's so many beautiful homes out there!

33. 12.4.14
    Pamela said:

Loving all of this inspiration! I saw that mac and cheese recipe on Pinterest the other day and I need to make it! Love the white and gray outfit too!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

34. 12.4.14
    Stacy G said:

So much good stuff here! I bet the mac and cheese is amazing and I love all the grey paint swatches. Almost every room in our home is painted a shade of gray. I actually had the Revere Pewter color matched in Valspar paint, because Benjamin Moore is pretty expensive! lol

35. 12.4.14
    The Sequin Notebook said:

Loving that recipe platter! Such a great DIY project and a nice way to save special family recipes.

36. 12.4.14
    Biana Perez said:

Great round-up as usual girl!!! Panera Mac & Cheese yes please!!! Seriously it's like crack it's that good!! I love seeing all the christmas trees and how other people decorate them!!