12.3.14 28

November Beauty Favorites

It’s time for another roundup of monthly beauty favorites!

With our pending move, I didn’t change up my beauty routine too drastically this month, but there are some new products that I’m absolutely loving.

CoverGirl Ready, Set, Gorgeous Fresh Complexion Oil-Free Foundation // After I watched Tiffany D.’s rave review about this foundation, I knew I had to try it. I have a full review of this product coming next week, so I don’t want to give too much away, but just know that this is a fantastic drugstore foundation with great coverage and staying power.

Rimmel ScandalEyes Eye Shadow Stick in Bulletproof Beige // Nadia recently wrote about this product over on her blog, and it seemed like the perfect product to help add some subtle definition to my lower lash line instead of using powder eye shadow. In addition, I’ve found that this serves as the perfect base to power eye shadows. The color also closely resembles Stila’s Kitten, which helps brighten up any eye look.

L’Oreal Brow Stylist Sculptor in Blonde // I randomly came across this product, and even though I wasn’t in the market for a new brow product, I’m sure glad that I picked it up. It takes some getting used to since it is a heavily-waxed pencil, but the key is to use a light hand and short strokes. I’ve been preferring this over the Maybelline Define-a-Brow for days that I’m in a hurry because this pencil takes less time to fill in my brows. The color also is spot on and has no hint of a red undertone – that’s hard to find with drugstore brow products!

Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner in Eastend Snob & Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in Orchid // It wouldn’t be a monthly beauty favorites post without my latest and greatest lip combo, right?! As always, I’m staying faithful to my Rimmel retractable lip liners – this particular shade is the perfect pinkish-beige and when layered with the Revlon gloss, it gives the lips the perfect pop of color and shine. This has been my daily go-to “my lips but better” combination throughout the month.

!function(doc,s,id){ var e, p; if(!doc.getElementById(id)) { e = doc.createElement(s); e.id = id; p = ‘//shopsensewidget.shopstyle.com/widget-script.js’; var cb = new Date().getTime(); p += ‘?cb=’ + cb; e.src = p; doc.body.appendChild(e); } if(typeof window.ss_shopsense === ‘object’){ if(doc.readyState === ‘complete’){ window.ss_shopsense.init(); } } }(document, ‘script’, ‘shopsensewidget-script’);

What products were you loving in November?

Linking up with:

I want to try the Rimmel eyeshadow stick! I often use powder shadow on my lower lashes and I'd love having a different option to achieve the same look. Great reviews!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Published 2.2.15
  2. Rachel wrote:

That rimmel lip liners looks nice!

Published 12.5.14
  3. No, I was looking for the one from your only pick one series. I'll have to check out those stores.

Published 12.5.14
  4. Ashley T wrote:

I’ve been wanting to try an eyeshadow stick! That one sounds perfect!

Published 12.4.14
  5. Emily wrote:

Love me some new beauty faves! I will definitely be trying these out!

Isn’t That Charming.

Published 12.3.14
  6. So awesome you found the perfect color in a brow pencil- I almost think it's harder than matching foundation. Every time you post about Rimmel products I make a mental note to pick a few up to try but I never seem to remember! What are your top favorites from the brand?

7. Jessi Otey wrote:

These posts are always my fav! I can't wait to hear more about the foundation- I'm always down to try a new one! xoxo

Published 12.3.14

Thanks for the shoutout girl! Once I finish my bottle of the Stay fabulous I'm going to try out the Ready Set Gorgeous next – I can't wait to read your full review! I think I'm getting to the end of my Define A Brow, now I'm going to have to keep a lookout for that L'oreal product because I'm pretty much always in a hurry haha

Published 12.3.14
  9. It's so pretty and a great formula! Happy Wednesday, lady.

Published 12.3.14
  10. Were you looking for the Kate Moss #14 Matte lipstick that I used in my Perfect Nude Pout post? I know they sometimes can be difficult to find; try Wal-Mart or Walgreens/CVS. They always seem to have the best selection of Rimmel products. I'll keep an eye out for it for you, too!

Published 12.3.14
  11. Thank YOU for hosting the linkup! 🙂 I think you'll enjoy Eastend Snob once you start to play with it – it's perfect for us gals that like pink lips.

Published 12.3.14
  12. The eyeshadow stick sounds right up your alley and exactly what you're looking for. 🙂 Hope you like it!

Published 12.3.14
  13. The eyeshadow stick is such a beautiful color and great formula – I plan to pick up more soon!

Published 12.3.14
  14. I'm glad you're enjoying it – I knew you would!

Published 12.3.14
  15. It's a great starter foundation, so I think it would work well for you! The full review will be up Monday next week. 🙂

Published 12.3.14
  16. That's exactly why I like the Rimmel eyeshadow stick because it creates a less harsh effect/line under my eyes than when I use powder shadow! I think you'll love it.

Published 12.3.14
  17. I think either the Maybelline Define-a-Brow or L'Oreal brow product would be good for you as a newbie – they are fairly easy to use and pretty much foolproof.

Published 12.3.14
  18. You would love it! It's the perfect product to just throw on and go!

Published 12.3.14
  19. That Rimmel eyeshadow pencil thing is pretty! I may have to try it. Thanks for sharing your picks and I hope that you have been having a good day so far lady! 🙂

Published 12.3.14
  20. Ok after your last beauty feature with the Rimmel lipstick I stopped at Target and was looking for your favorite color, and it wasn't there! They only seemed to have a few colors, do you have a specific store you go to for your Rimmel products? You're always loving them so I want to give them a try!

Oh and THANKS for linking up with us 🙂

Published 12.3.14

I've been using that foundation a lot lately too. I'm loving it, but I accidentally bought a shade too dark so I'm having to mix it with another foundation. I just bought Eastend Snob last month too, but I haven't really played with it yet.

23. Caitlin S. wrote:

I will have to try the ScandalEyes eyeshadow stick! It seems like a fast but cute way to dress up your makeup. I'm all about simplifying and speeding up my makeup routine 🙂

Caitlin @ Coffee with Caitlin
    coffeewithcaitlin.blogspot.com

Published 12.3.14
  24. Ooh I'm looking forward to your foundation review! I'm also going to have to try that eyeshadow. Always love seeing your favorite beauty products!

Published 12.3.14

I bought the foundation and you're right, it's great! So many of the drugstore brands don't offer an oil-free formula, so this is a good find!

26. Kelli B wrote:

Oh I really want to try that foundation! I don't use one now but want to start but don't want to spend a ton of money while experimenting. Thanks for the recommendation! Can't wait to read your review.

Published 12.3.14
  27. I'm just starting to get curious about brow products and will definitely have a look at the L'Oreal brow sculptor. I also love eye shadow sticks and am in the market for a new one! Great picks 🙂

Published 12.3.14

All of these products sound really great, but I really want to try the Rimmel ScandalEyes Eye Shadow Stick!!!