High Five for Friday

TGIF!
The holidays are kicking off for Ryan and I this weekend as we head down to my in-laws to celebrate with them Saturday and then the extended family Sunday with brunch. Can anyone else believe that Christmas is less than a week away? Yikes!
Wherever you are and whatever your plans are for the weekend, I hope you have a good one! Here’s a quick recap of my week.

1.  I was excited to receive my 2014 Ornament Swap goodies from Jessi this week! Isn’t her Christmas card the cutest? I’m looking forward to devouring those sour gummy worms.

2. Finny (my new nickname for him as of late) is settling into the new home quite well. So well, in fact, that he now finds joy from sitting at my makeup vanity. No joke – he will just jump up there and sit and stare at me while I work at my desk. He’s something else.

3. So, I finally finished my Once Upon a Time binge-a-thon, and I’m all caught up. The storyline is a bit all over the place right now, but I couldn’t be more anxious for March 1, 2015, when it comes back on. Also, it’s a good thing that they decided not to kill off Hook – I’m pretty sure I would’ve stopped watching.
4. You’re getting a double-dose of Finn this week. Look at his face here – he looks extremely unimpressed by the Christmas tree. That or he’s annoyed that I tell him no every time he goes to sniff out the presents.

5. I have to send a special shout-out to my big brother, Gary, who is graduating from college today! I am so incredibly proud of you – you’ve worked so hard to get to this point, and I know that you will continue to do great things in this new chapter of your life. Congratulations!

Linking up with:

the ladies at oh, Hey Friday! | the ladies at Five on Friday

1. ElleSees.blogspot.com wrote:

such a cutie!! i need to get my pup to do the same.

Posted 2.2.15 Reply
  2. Bahaha, right?! I may or may not already ask him for his opinion on eye shadows, just sayin'. πŸ™‚ Happy Monday, dear!

Posted 2.2.15 Reply
  3. The whole sitting at the vanity thing is a new development since we got into this house … he clearly likes it up there! Hope you had a good weekend!

Posted 2.2.15 Reply
  4. He just looked so unimpressed by the tree, probably because I tell him no every time he starts to sniff around it! Hope you had a good weekend.

Posted 2.2.15 Reply
  5. Ashley T wrote:

How cute are those ornaments?? Finn is working the camera this week! πŸ™‚

Posted 2.2.15 Reply
  6. Finn just loves to pose for the camera – he's too funny! Hope you had a good weekend, doll. xo

Posted 2.2.15 Reply
  7. Haha, I agree with you about Once Upon a Time – I was nervous they were going to do something drastic to Hook, so I was pretty relieved.

Posted 2.2.15 Reply
  8. I enjoyed the current season of Once Upon a Time! I thought it was cute how they tied in the whole Frozen craze – the girls that they found to play Elsa and Anna were spot on!

Posted 2.2.15 Reply
  9. We had a nice time with Ryan's family, thanks! Hope you had a good weekend, too. πŸ™‚

Posted 2.2.15 Reply
  10. You do! It's fun to have a snuggle buddy while you're doing your makeup. πŸ™‚

Posted 12.22.14 Reply
  11. I'm sure next year when Brady is older that he won't be as hyper around the tree! I've been shocked at how well Finn has done with it, especially because he loves paper and ribbon … I thought for sure our presents would've been unwrapped by now! I will send your message along to my brother – thanks, girl!

Posted 12.22.14 Reply
  12. Thanks, girl! It definitely was a labor of love. Thanks for stopping by!

Posted 12.22.14 Reply
  13. Thanks for stopping by! I'm so glad I finally started watching Once Upon a Time – thank goodness for Netflix and binge-watching. I'm all caught up now and can't believe we have to wait until March for new episodes!

Posted 12.22.14 Reply
  14. I knew you'd love #1. πŸ™‚ Hope you had a good weekend!

Posted 12.22.14 Reply
  15. Haha, his new sudden interest in the vanity just cracks me up. It's fun having a little snuggle buddy while I'm trying to get ready. πŸ™‚ Hope you had a good weekend, lady!

Posted 12.22.14 Reply
  16. Right?! Jessi did a good job picking those out. πŸ™‚ Finn is quite the camera snob – he loves to pose!

Posted 12.22.14 Reply
  17. Thanks, sweet girl!

Posted 12.22.14 Reply
  18. I know you had a nice weekend with Gary – we are looking forward to being with you Thursday for Christmas!

Posted 12.22.14 Reply
  19. Yay, I love hearing someone else call him Finny! I just think it suits his cute little personality. πŸ™‚ Girl, you definitely need to get yourself a little nook so you can sit down and do your makeup – I don't imagine that a pregnancy belly and standing to do makeup go very well together. πŸ™‚ Hope you had a good weekend!

Posted 12.22.14 Reply
  20. Finn looks so well behaved by the Christmas tree! Brady is a hot mess – and so is our tree. I think this is the first year I'm looking forward to taking it down, ha! Hope you had a fun weekend with the in-laws and a big congratulations to your brother!

Posted 12.22.14 Reply
  21. Chelsea Williams wrote:

I love your new make-up vanity looks so chic!!! Just found you on the link up πŸ™‚

Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

Posted 12.20.14 Reply
  22. Visiting from the Friday link ups. Your dog is absolutely adorable! And I love Once Upon a Time! I have been watching from the beginning and you definitely have to pay attention and can't start in the middle of it but the way they weave the storyline is amazing. I hate waiting for it to come back on! http://www.ladybug-blessings.com

23. Jessi Otey wrote:

Of course I'm lovin' your #1 but pup at the vanity is too cute!! So glad things are going well and can't wait to see more! Hope ya'll have a fabulous weekend! xo

Posted 12.19.14 Reply

Well of course he loves the vanity, it's fabulous! Congrats to your brother. Have the best time with your in-laws πŸ™‚

25. Ashley Angle wrote:

I love Finn. He's so sweet! Have a great time this weekend! Merry Christmas!
    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

Posted 12.19.14 Reply

An ornament exchange, how fun! Hope you and Ryan have fun with his family this weekend, hard to believe Christmas is less than a week away! We are looking forward to celebrating with your brother today, it has been a long road to get here! And of course, love the pics of Finny!

Posted 12.19.14 Reply
  27. Oh "Finny", he is so cute! I'm still envious of your work/make-up room. I'm going to have to figure out a place for a vanity in my house. Putting on makeup with a pregnant belly, leaning over the sink is almost impossible πŸ˜› Have SUCH a great weekend!

Posted 12.19.14 Reply
  28. I'm a few episodes into the 3rd Season of Once Upon a Time and I can't help myself. I heard this current season wasn't as good but I'll still watch after I make my way though all the Netflix ones!

Posted 12.19.14 Reply
  29. Aww Finn is SO cute!! The expression on his face in front of the tree is pretty funny too. πŸ™‚ That package from your friend is so cute too. I hope that you are having a good day so far and that you have a nice time with your family this weekend! πŸ™‚

Posted 12.19.14 Reply
  30. I love that he does that, how cute! Enjoy your time with your family this weekend!

Posted 12.19.14 Reply
  31. Awwwwwww how cute!!! Built in buddy! Now you can start consulting with him about different color swatches for eye shadows and see his response πŸ˜‰ I know. I'm weird πŸ˜‰ Hope you have a great weekend girl!

Posted 12.19.14 Reply

OMG I can't deal with Finn's cuteness!!! I love that he sits at your vanity. How adorable! Hope you have an amazing weekend!

Sequins & Sea Breezes

Posted 12.19.14 Reply

Oh my gosh that picture of Finn looking back at you is so human like – it's crazy! hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family and enjoy the extra Christmas!! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

34. Kari wrote:

I think most of the fan base for Once would boycott if they killed Killian (Hook)! I know I would have. I'm not a fan of what they are doing with Rumpelstiltskin though. πŸ™

Your vanity is adorable! And so is your Finn!

Posted 12.19.14 Reply

• #Bookworms, rejoice! This is our kinda day! πŸ“š On #WorldBookDay, I simply want to say thank you to all authors. Your characters, stories and words change my life daily, and I can’t imagine a life without them. Happy reading to all! #bookstagram
  • β€œIt’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” Alice, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
β€’β€’β€’
β€’β€’β€’
  • Catalina Island is nothing short of enchanting. β˜€οΈ #catalinacasino #vacationmode #frommyview
  • California vacation part one: β˜‘οΈ. Thanks for the magic, memories and OG nostalgia Disneyland! #adultsatdisney #toontown #wallsofdisney
  • Today was a good day to have a great day. β˜€οΈ #happy #thursdaythoughts