Great Gatsby-Inspired Cold Weather Accessories

Even though I despise Midwest winters, I’ve always been a sucker for cold weather accessories – hats, scarves, you name it. So when my sister, Kristy, got these vintage-inspired head wraps and faux-fur gloves in at her shop, I instantly fell in love. I didn’t have anything similar already in my closet, and the blush color further reinforces my current obsession with winter pastels. I like to think Daisy Buchanan from The Great Gatsby would’ve worn similar accessories to keep warm.

I was beyond thrilled to receive both the head wrap and gloves as a Christmas gift from my brother-in-law, Tom, and I have been wearing both on repeat since last Thursday. Paired with a cape coat and my Grandma Bette’s vintage pearl necklace, I feel equal parts glamorous and cozy.

head wrap & gloves | Soaring Heart Vintage
cape coat | Express (old)
long-sleeve white tee | Target (exact)
jeans | Old Navy (exact)
pearl necklace | Vintage
nails | OPI Dulce De Leche

1. will kenderdine wrote:

Please take one minute… even now if possible… and please peek at my site…
    very much obliged for your assistance : ) …our content is focused on mens
    business fashion, and we believe you'll love it!

Posted 6.8.15 Reply

Love these accessories! SO fun!! That headband is gorgeous! You are so right, Daisy would have totally worn those!

Sequins & Sea Breezes

Posted 2.2.15 Reply
  3. Eeeeep! I love that headband! It's soooo pretty and perfect for the colder winter days.

Posted 2.2.15 Reply
  4. Thanks, lady!

Posted 1.5.15 Reply
  5. Thank you!

Posted 1.5.15 Reply
  6. I love the head scarf
    xx, Jodi

Posted 1.2.15 Reply
  7. Adore this post! Anything that screams Daisy is a yes in my book 🙂 Happy New Year!

XO Chloe
    A Latte Lipstick

Posted 1.1.15 Reply
  8. Thank you, sissy! You (and Tom) have good taste.

9. Thanks, Becky!

Posted 12.30.14 Reply
  10. You are so sweet! I simply love these accessories because they are fashionable AND super warm. My poor ears don't freeze with that headband on!

Posted 12.30.14 Reply
  11. Lol, I highly doubt hats look bad on you, but headbands don't give you hat hair so that's a definite plus!

Posted 12.30.14 Reply
  12. Thank you! I've had that cape for years – I scored it at Express on super clearance one year, but I sadly never wear it. I think I'll have to change that.

13. Thanks. girl!

Posted 12.30.14 Reply
  14. You are too nice, thanks lady! I know my sister would love it if you stopped into her store. It's right on the corner of Main St. in Elburn!

Posted 12.30.14 Reply
  15. You are so sweet! And, I know – my sister really deserves the credit, but my BIL technically was my secret Santa this year, so he still needed a little shout-out. 🙂

Posted 12.30.14 Reply
  16. I agree, I much prefer these headbands over hats!

Posted 12.30.14 Reply
  17. I definitely like to think so. 🙂 Thanks, girl!

Posted 12.30.14 Reply
  18. I haven't gotten new cold weather accessories in a couple years, so I was so excited to get these!

Posted 12.30.14 Reply
  19. Thanks, girl! It's definitely a more girly touch for this cold weather.

Posted 12.30.14 Reply
  20. Thanks, girl! My sister also is sending me a pair of gloves that have the same embellishment on them as the head wrap. It's such a pretty detail!

Posted 12.30.14 Reply
  21. I'm right there with you! These accessories are ridiculously warm, too.

22. Kristy Simon wrote:

The entire look is flawless!!!

23. Becky M wrote:

LOVE this girly!! Definitely reminds me of the great gatsby!! Gorgeous!

Posted 12.30.14 Reply

That first photo is such a glamor shot – looove it! I'm totally feeling the Great Gatsby vibes from this outfit, that headband is to die for!

Posted 12.30.14 Reply
  25. I love those accessories! So fun! And hats look horrible on me so I am all about winter headbands! haha

Posted 12.30.14 Reply
  26. I am sooo obsessed with that headband! And your cape! So pretty! Your sister's store seems so fun.

Equal parts glamorous & cozy for sure, LOVE it! What a great gift 🙂

Posted 12.30.14 Reply
  28. Love that head wrap, it's so adorable! I want one! I need to go check out your sisters store! You looking stunning in that first pic!

29. Courtney B wrote:

Oh my gosh, how cute are you?! And these are from your BIL?! He did gooooood!

Posted 12.30.14 Reply

Fun to see you in a vintage look! Very cute and Gatsby inspired! The headband is great because it won't leave you with "hat hair"!

Posted 12.30.14 Reply
  31. Vintage stuff is so fun. I love getting new cold weather accessories every year. These are so unique though!

Posted 12.30.14 Reply

Love the color of the head wrap and the detailing is just gorgeous!! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

33. Kari wrote:

Oh I just love this! So glamorous and cozy! I'm a sucker for anything vintage/ vintage inspired!

• Today was a good day to have a great day. ☀️ #happy #thursdaythoughts