Top Picks for Red Lipsticks

With the holidays upon us, it’s time to start getting festive with our makeup. And, what better way to do so than with a classic red lip?!

Finding the right shade of red lipstick can be tricky – there are numerous shades with varying undertones to choose from, not to mention your skin tone plays a crucial role in deciding what will and will not look good on your lips.

For all my fair- and medium-skin toned gals out there, I’ve rounded up my top picks for red lipsticks that are sure to flatter a variety of skin colors.

Each of these lipsticks are tried and true favorites, and each color offers something different for everybody – whether it be a brighter red with an orange undertone or a deep burgundy with a blue undertone.

What all these lipsticks have in common is they don’t dry out the lips or leave them looking flat and lifeless. Each one offers a healthy dose of moisture and sheen, even the lipsticks that are considered a matte finish.

Don’t forget to check out my tips for flawless red lips to ensure a clean and precise application.

What red lipsticks will you be rocking this holiday season?

1. Katie wrote:

Love this guide! Can't wait to buy some red lipstick 🙂

2. Jessi Otey wrote:

My vote is for really red! You are rockin' it girl! So pretty xoxo

Posted 11.19.14 Reply

All of these reds are stunning! I think I'm going to get a matte red this year to add to my collection – Tyler isn't really a fan of reds but I think they're too perfect for the holidays to leave out!

4. Caitlin S. wrote:

I'm thinking the red velvet would probably work best for me! I tend to use more sheer glosses or butters that have color but not quite so saturated, even though I love the saturated colors on others. I know I need to branch out! These are great options.

Caitlin @ Coffee with Caitlin
    coffeewithcaitlin.blogspot.com

Posted 11.19.14 Reply
  5. I definitely need to check out the reds in her line since that's one of my favorite drugstore brands for lipsticks.

Posted 11.19.14 Reply
  6. Oh! I will have to check out that color – I'm a big fan of Maybelline lipsticks, but I don't think I've ever tried one of their matte ones. Thanks for the suggestion. 🙂

Posted 11.19.14 Reply
  7. I'm pretty sure you have one of, if not both, Revlon lipsticks in this post!

Posted 11.19.14 Reply
  8. Thank you! Hope you found this helpful.

Posted 11.19.14 Reply
  9. I think that one is probably universally flattering. Plus, it's so easy to apply since it's a cross between a balm and lipstick.

Posted 11.19.14 Reply
  10. You're so sweet, thank you! There's no easier way to feel glamorous than with a red lip. 🙂

Posted 11.19.14 Reply
  11. I have Pomegranate from Bite, too – that's a great red! I'll have to check out the MAC Ruby Woo.

Posted 11.19.14 Reply
  12. I only have red lipstick. I've got about 10 different shades.. but they are all red. I love the Kate Moss line by Rimmel.

Sarah
    Midwest Darling

Posted 11.19.14 Reply

LOVE this post, I'm just getting into red & bold lips! My current obsession is Maybelline's matte lipstick in Divine Wine, gorgeous!

Posted 11.19.14 Reply

A pretty red lip is so nice for this time of year! I think the Revlon color has my name on it!

Posted 11.19.14 Reply
  15. All of them look fab on you, but the first one and the last one are my favorite. I was also thinking about red lipstick yesterday for some reason, so thanks for sharing some of your favorites! 🙂

Posted 11.19.14 Reply
  16. Red velvet is one of my favorites! I actually gave it to my mom because I thought it was too dark for me, but ended up taking it back because I actually loved it!

Posted 11.19.14 Reply

All of these reds look amazing on you! My favorite red is MAC in Dangerous! It just makes me feel so glammed up and I feel like it looks great with my skintone!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Posted 11.19.14 Reply

I love all of them on you!!! Red is such a fun color to make you instantly feel glam!!! I have this great one from MAC Ruby Woo and then I'm obsessed with my lip crayon from Bite in Pomegranate!!!