11.6.14 22

Things That Thrill Me

Happy Thursday, all! We’re almost to the weekend – hang in there.

Things are in full swing around here between packing and moving and planning for the holidays. Finn also celebrated his six-month birthday yesterday – time sure does fly!

Without further adieu, here’s what has thrilled me throughout the past week.

Get Up On the Dance Floor: How to Make Sure Your Wedding Guests Dance the Night Away. My latest feature for the Wedding Party is how to get your wedding guests out of their seats and onto the dance floor. I used some of these tips for my own wedding, and I’ve seen them in action at other weddings that I’ve attended – they are no-fail and fool-proof suggestions that will have your guests dancing all night long.

2014 Holiday Ornament and Recipe Swap. Mia and Libby are genius for coming up with this adorable activity for the upcoming holiday season. I already signed up – I think all of you need to as well. The above link will direct you to all the details.

Chicken Parmesan Crescents. My sister made this for dinner the other night, and she said it was unbelievably delicious. It looks like an easy enough recipe to throw together between the craziness of packing the next few weeks.

Color Undertones Explained. I’m really working to educate myself on paint colors so I don’t have as hard of a time picking out what I want/don’t want in the new house. Virginia’s blog is one of my favorites, and she has a ton of DIY home experience, so I pretty much trust anything she writes.

Flat Iron Curls Tutorial. This is probably the best tutorial I’ve seen yet of how to achieve curls with a flat iron. Her haircut also is very tempting …

Thunder Thighs Workout. You all know that I say I have sausage thighs, and I’m always looking for new workouts to get them toned and slim. This one looks pretty good.

Gilmore Girls Sweatshirt. I mean, who doesn’t need this in their wardrobe? Even if you won’t admit it, it’s a true statement for all.

1. I think every woman alive needs that sweatshirt! It's too perfect. You are too sweet – I know I probably should lighten up on myself. I am SO excited for your barre video!

2. Yes! You need that sweatshirt to binge watch GG. 🙂

Published 11.6.14
  3. You should join the holiday swap! I think it's going to be a lot of fun. You are so sweet about our house – thank you! I am getting so excited/anxious, too. I, of course, will do a home tour when we get in there. There will be lots of home renovations and DIY posts on here in the future!

Published 11.6.14
  4. I'm so excited for the holiday swap! I love stuff like that, especially when it involves the opportunity to connect with other bloggers. 🙂 Lauren Elizabeth and her hair is the bomb dot com, let's be honest. Lol!

Published 11.6.14
  5. My sister said the recipe is an absolute winner. Thanks, girl – happy Thursday!

Published 11.6.14
  6. I knew you would like that link – her blog is great! You should check it out for other home stuff.

Published 11.6.14
  7. Awe, thanks girl! It was time to change things up for the cooler months. You're right, that recipe definitely could be used as an appetizer, too. I'm anxious to give that workout a try – anything to slim down these thighs!

Published 11.6.14
  8. My sister said that recipe is so delicious!

Published 11.6.14
  9. Luckily, we have a few more weeks before we actually move. 🙂 I just want to get a jump on packing so we aren't doing it at the last minute! I hope I can get the hang of the flat iron curls – it would make life so much easier.

Published 11.6.14
  10. Hopefully you find the tutorial useful! Have you tried chipping off a piece of the paint from the wall and taking it to Home Depot for them to match? We did that in our last rental, and it is an amazing service!

Published 11.6.14
  11. I have such a hard time with flat iron curls, too! I do think it's harder for us girls that have longer hair. Hopefully one of these days I'll get the hang of it. 🙂

Published 11.6.14
  12. You know I need that sweatshirt! Ummmmm you are too hard on yourself girl!!! I know we all have something that we harp on about ourselves….I am going to try and recruit my little sister this weekend to help me with my barre video it will be thigh intensive!!

Published 11.6.14
  13. Need that sweatshirt!! I've been wanting to start watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix so I think that would be the perfect attire for binge watching sessions 🙂 Happy half birthday to Finn!

Published 11.6.14
  14. Great round up, going to have to check out that ornament swap! I'm getting so excited to hear details of your new place and hopefully you will share how it all comes together!

Published 11.6.14

Aw thanks girl for sharing our swap, and so glad you're excited to join us!!! Isn't Lauren Elizabeth awesome, love her and her hair haha. Those crescents look so good!

Published 11.6.14
  16. That recipe looks delicious– definitely going to check it out after this. Great roundup of links as always!

Published 11.6.14

Fun and informative post today – I needed that info on how to pick paint colors, you know how challenged I am in that area! I like the new profile picture!

18. Caroline wrote:

Love the new profile picture! I will have to check out that tutorial some time, I'm always looking for new hair ideas. That recipe could be fun for a party too as an appetizer, and that sweat shirt is cute. I'll have to check out that workout too, I always enjoy trying new exercises. I hope that you are having a great day so far too! 🙂

Published 11.6.14
  19. My best friend is obsessed with Chicken parm so I need to make this for them. Also yes to all the Gilmore Girls things 🙂

Published 11.6.14
  20. I saw that flat iron tutorial and agree – it's the only one I can actually understand! I'm definitely trying it. Loving that GG sweatshirt too 🙂 Good luck packing and moving this weekend!!

Published 11.6.14

Those chicken parm bites look amazing! I'm going to have to check out that paint guide… I'm currently trying to match the white paint in my house to do some touch ups and it's been a disaster! And I use my flat iron to curl my hair all the time but I want it to be more wavy and less curly. Going to check out this tutorial!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Published 11.6.14

I have yet to master the flat iron curls so can't way to check that tutorial out!! That sweatshirt is so true – I can't stop myself from watching like 3 episodes a night LOL!! Happy Thursday – such a great roundup!!