Only Pick One – Eyes

Happy Monday!

The Only Pick One series continues today with my picks for eyes. To get up to speed on this series, check out last week’s inaugural post all about face products

Palette // LORAC Pro
This palette truly has it all. It’s half matte shadows and half shimmer shadows, so you can create a variety of looks. The pigmentation is unlike any other shadows I’ve tried, and I’ve never had an issue with the shadows creasing. This pretty much goes with me wherever I go.

Primer // NARS Pro-Prime Smudge-Proof Eyeshadow Base
I have ridiculously oily eyelids, and this is the only primer I’ve used that keeps my shadows in place all day. I like to call it eye glue. I’d like to find a cheaper alternative, so if any of you know of any good dupes to this product, let me know!

Eyebrows // Maybelline Define-a-Brow Pencil & Benefit Gimme Brow
Although the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz pencil is my holy grail of eyebrow products, I’ve had to cut back on some higher-end products, which in turn led me to find the Maybelline pencil. It is just as great a product for half the price. However, there is no substitute for Gimme Brow; I absolutely love that tinted brow gel for lazy days.

Cream Eyeshadow // Maybelline Color Tattoo
These cream shadows are great as a base for powder shadows or just on their own. They are creamy, long-wearing, and provide great color payoff.

Pencil Eyeliner // Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal
As I already mentioned, my oily eyelids make it difficult for pencil eyeliners to stay put. Rimmel’s pencils are one of the few brands that stay put all day without smudging. This product also is great for the waterline since it’s waterproof, and the pencil is so creamy that it doesn’t irritate my eyes while applying it.

Liquid Eyeliner // CoverGirl LineExact
A long time favorite of mine – and, the very first liquid eyeliner I ever used – I still remain faithful to this brand and formula. The felt tip makes the product easy to apply, and I just love the size of the packaging – it’s travel-friendly, even for just throwing in my purse.

Mascara // CoverGirl Clump Crusher
I’m a firm believer in that there are so many great drugstore mascara options that it’s unnecessary to spend more on a higher-end brand. I’ve worn CoverGirl mascaras for years, and the Clump Crusher instantly became my favorite formula when it was released. It provides great length and volume to my lashes without – you guessed it – making them clumpy.

What are your must-have eye products?

1. I'm not good with palettes at all, too many choices! I have my two go to MAC shadows that I literally use every single day, All that Glitters, and Retrospec, love them!

Posted 11.11.14 Reply

Coming at ya next week 😉

Posted 11.10.14 Reply
  3. I'm a huge lover of Gimme Brow! It started as my lazy day product but now I use it every single day! So nice to spend 15 seconds on my brows compared to 5 minutes 🙂

Posted 11.10.14 Reply
  4. I have all the Naked palettes, too, but the Lorac one is just the ultimate in my collection. It's everything you could want/need in one palette. I haven't tried the Pro 2 yet, but it's on my Christmas wishlist. I'd also love to get my hands on the IT palette! Girl, we both know there's no such thing as too many eyeshadows. We need options!

Posted 11.10.14 Reply
  5. I highly doubt the CG liquid liner compares to the Stila one, but it works for me! I've had to cut back quite a bit on my more expensive makeup, so I'm determined to make drugstore ones work for me. Maybelline's Lash Stiletto liquid liner also is a great option. You need to try the Lorac palette – it will blow your Naked palettes out of the water!

6. I am SO jealous! Post a review/swatches soon? It's on my Christmas list. 🙂

Posted 11.10.14 Reply
  7. Sephora should sell the Lorac Pro Palette … maybe it was sold out? I hope you get your hands on it eventually – it's so amazing!

Posted 11.10.14 Reply
  8. I am still waiting to get my hands on the Stila liquid eyeliner – I've heard so many of you girls rave about it!

Posted 11.10.14 Reply
  9. Let me know if you try the brow pencil! I think you'll like it. L'Oreal also has a couple good brow pencils.

Posted 11.10.14 Reply
  10. You really should – for the price, you can't beat 'em!

11. Katie Dockter wrote:

Have you tried the Pro 2? I'm conflicted- I have all the Naked Palettes, but I'm still tempted by both Lorac Pro 1 and 2. I've heard the texture is amazing..but I also have the IT palette, which is the best textured eyeshadow I've ever had. Maybe I have too much eyeshadow?

Posted 11.10.14 Reply

I really don't need any more eyeshadows but I'm always so tempted by the Lorac palette. I think once I make a significant dent in my Naked palette I'll finally take the plunge. I remember using the Covergirl liner back in high school. I should give it another shot, it would definitely be a much cheaper habit than my Stila one!

Posted 11.10.14 Reply

Cheers to the Lorac palette being our all time fave! I got the 2nd one this weekend, I'm already in love with it too!

Posted 11.10.14 Reply

The Lorac Pro Palette is on my wishlist!! I'm a dummy and thought they carried the brand and sephora and I was all excited to use it during the VIB sale…welp no luck there!! I really want to try the eye primer from NARS…i've heard really great things like you said!!

Posted 11.10.14 Reply
  15. I would love to try that Lorac palette. I can't live without my stila liquid eyeliner and I go between loreal voluminous mascara and diorshow when I feel like a splurge!

Posted 11.10.14 Reply

Good suggestions today! I've been thinking it might be time to start coloring in my brows a bit, so I might be giving one of these a try!

Posted 11.10.14 Reply

Love the NARS eyeshadow primer! So amazing! And I've never tried the Color Tattoo eyeshadow but I need to check it out!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Posted 11.10.14 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. 😂❤️ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. 💁🏼‍♀️ #thursdayvibes #loveloft