Make a Wish // The Shopping Bag

It’s hard for me to imagine a time where I didn’t love wishbones. Every year at Thanksgiving, I was (and still am) eager to battle it out with one of my family members for the bigger side of the wishbone so I can make a wish. Sure, this might seem silly to some, but I always believe that a little wish can go a long way.

So, it’s really no surprise that in my adult years that I’ve grown to love basically anything with a wishbone symbol on it. My sister even found and bought me a vintage wishbone brooch for my wedding day, which I had secured to the ribbon on the stem of my bouquet. I especially love wishbone necklaces because they are delicate and can be worn with practically anything, including the softest of sweaters and leather leggings.

Sweater & leather leggings: LC Lauren Conrad for Kohl’s

Wishbone necklace: c/o The Shopping Bag

Ankle booties: Target (exact)
I also happen to love online shopping and finding new retailers that sell affordable fashion, accessories and home decor, such as The Shopping Bag. They even send your merchandise in a cute, canvas shopping bag so you still receive the experience of shopping in-person at a boutique all from the comfort of your home!
If you’re still looking for holiday gifts for the women in your life, I have my eye on this houndstooth waist-tie jacket (very Olivia Pope), this striped blanket scarf, and this structured bag that will provide the perfect pop of color to any outfit.
And, guess what?! The Shopping Bag is offering 25% off orders to all Miss in the Midwest readers. Simply use the code MISSINTHEMIDWEST at checkout, and be sure to use #theshoppingbag on Instagram to share your purchases!
Disclaimer: The Shopping Bag sent me a free product of my choice in exchange for a review. Affiliate links also are used in this post, which means that any purchases made from these links will result in me earning a small commission. As always, all opinions are my own.

1. Thank you! Wish bones pretty much have been with me my whole life, so I just have a sentimental attachment to them. 🙂

Posted 12.1.14 Reply
  2. Lol, yeah – he's pretty cute. 🙂

Posted 12.1.14 Reply
  3. Thank you!

Posted 12.1.14 Reply
  4. Thanks, girl!

Posted 12.1.14 Reply
  5. Kinsey wrote:

What a sweet story behind the necklace!

Posted 12.1.14 Reply
  6. natashaufl wrote:

Lovely post! I especially loved the puppy pic 🙂

xo, tasha
    twenty-something
    blog

Posted 12.1.14 Reply
  7. Tif Fannin wrote:

I love this look! And that necklace is pretty cute!

Tif

Posted 11.29.14 Reply
  8. ashley wrote:

What a gorgeous look!! I'm obsessed. I need that necklace in my life ASAP!

Posted 11.26.14 Reply
  9. Girl, you are the absolute sweetest! Luckily, Ryan and I shot these on one of the "warmer" days last weekend, so I actually wasn't too cold. That sweater combined with the leather leggings actually is a very warm outfit! The wishbone necklace totally seems like your style – I've been laying mine with other necklaces, too, but I always love it best just on its own.

I just double-checked all the links in my post, and they all seem to be working on my computer. If you continue to have a problem, just email me and I can send you a link directly!

Posted 11.25.14 Reply

P.S. you might want to double check the link -for some reason the site isn't opening for me. It might be my computer but just wanted to give you a heads up!

Posted 11.25.14 Reply

Oh my goodness you look so stunning in these photos! It must have been chilly but I think it was worth it! I've been looking for some more delicate necklaces recently, since most of mine are either long chains or statement pieces. A wishbone sounds like it would be perfect!

Posted 11.25.14 Reply
  12. Wish bones are the best!

Posted 11.25.14 Reply
  13. Absolutely! It's so affordable that maybe you can get a few things for yourself, too. 😉

Posted 11.25.14 Reply
  14. You typically can find some pretty good finds in her collection!

Posted 11.25.14 Reply
  15. I have been wearing the necklace on repeat and layered with other necklaces, too. It literally can go with anything. The Shopping Bag is definitely a great new online discovery – you should check it out!

Posted 11.25.14 Reply
  16. Awe, thanks lady! Luckily, we shot this look on one of the warmer days last weekend so I didn't freeze. 🙂 I definitely plan to layer this necklace with others in my collection.

Posted 11.25.14 Reply
  17. Thanks, girl! I'm a huge LC fan, too – I wish I had her wardrobe!

18. Thank you!

19. Thanks, lady!

Posted 11.25.14 Reply
  20. Thanks, girl! That sweater is one of my favorite purchases this season – it is SO soft and cozy!

Posted 11.25.14 Reply
  21. Girl, please don't be jealous. It's pretty for a day or so, and then it all turns black and muddy. Ha!

22. Thanks, girl!

Posted 11.25.14 Reply
  23. I love that necklace! I have a similar one!

Her Heartland Soul

Posted 11.25.14 Reply

That necklace is adorable, I will have to go check out that site! Maybe I can do some Christmas shopping 🙂

25. Becky M wrote:

I really need to check out the Lauren Conrad collection at Khols! I always love her stuff!

Posted 11.25.14 Reply
  26. Love that wishbone necklace, it's so delicate, and something I would keep on and wear everyday. Love finding new online shops! Way to brave the snow!

Posted 11.25.14 Reply
  27. Love your outfit! You look beautiful as always and that background is pretty. I just hope that you didn't get too cold out there! 🙂 I also love delicate jewelry, and sometimes I layer my necklaces. I hope that you are having a good day so far too!

28. Jessi Otey wrote:

Oh wow I adore this outfit! (and LC!) Lookin' fab girl!

Posted 11.25.14 Reply

Cute outfit today! Love the outdoor pics!

Posted 11.25.14 Reply
  30. You look gorgeous and the backdrop looks so pretty! Love that sweater and the necklace.

Posted 11.25.14 Reply

I love these pictures girl and that necklace is so delicate and pretty!! Also really love the cute little detail on the back of that sweater!!!

Posted 11.25.14 Reply

I am so jealous of your pretty snow! And love that necklace, so cute and dainty!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

33. Michaela wrote:

Such a cute necklace and story! Love the outfit!

Michaela || The Monogrammed Midwesterner