Layered Leather

So, I only recently started experimenting with faux leather leggings. And, I’m kind of in love with them. They are ridiculously comfortable and surprisingly warm, so I can wear them on even the coldest of snowy days that we’ve been experiencing in the Midwest as of late. My only criteria is that I wear a shirt or sweater long enough to cover my lady parts – trust me, nobody wants to see that.

Sweater: Daisy Fuentes for Kohl’s (old)

Chambray Button-Down: Banana Republic Factory Outlet (similar)
Statement Necklace: Gift from my momma
Boots: Carson Pirie Scott, maybe?

I’ve had this sweater since last year, and it always has been one of my favorites to wear during the colder months. It’s now the perfect length to wear with leggings, and there’s enough room to layer a button-down shirt underneath it without feeling like I’m suffocating.

Also, please excuse the yellow wall as my background for these photos. I really wasn’t in the mood to subject myself, or Ryan for that matter, to standing outside in 15 F temperatures with sideways blowing snow to capture this outfit. Therefore, the kitchen and lack of natural lighting just had to suffice for this week. The state of my hair also is quite embarrassing – thank goodness that will be resolved in a week!

1. Thanks, girl – it's one of my favorites, too!

Posted 2.2.15 Reply
  2. You have to say that because you're my mom, ha! You know I'm looking forward to getting it done next week.

Posted 2.2.15 Reply
  3. Awe, thanks girl! I can't believe how comfortable and WARM they are! I'm kind of in love. I was at Kohl's last week, and they were on the clearance rack – so if you can find them, now is the time to get them!

Posted 2.2.15 Reply
  4. Thanks, lady! I'm glad I'm not the only one that's counting down the days until a hair appointment – it's driving me crazy.

Posted 2.2.15 Reply
  5. You're so sweet, thank you! I'm glad that they suck in my thighs, lol!

Posted 2.2.15 Reply
  6. I've always been so anti leggings and long, chunky sweaters, but now I've definitely changed my mind! It's so comfortable but still looks put together and polished. I'm not sure about the hair yet – I'm thinking of actually going lighter rather than darker, like a winter blonde, and MAYBE doing a long bob … we'll see. I'm not sure if that will be uber flattering to my face.

Posted 2.2.15 Reply
  7. Awe, thanks girl! I agree about leather leggings being warmer than normal cotton ones – it's a good thing since we now have 4 inches of snow on the ground!

Posted 11.25.14 Reply

I love this look! I'm really trying to find more casual ways to wear my leather leggings now that it's colder out, since they're actually warmer than my regular cotton ones haha. I love that colour on you, it's stunning!

Posted 11.24.14 Reply
  9. Thanks, girl! Hope you're keeping warm, too. 🙂

Posted 11.18.14 Reply
  10. You're to sweet, thank you! I was a little nervous to wear them the first time, but they are surprisingly flattering.

Posted 11.18.14 Reply
  11. You need to get them – they are so comfortable!

12. Caroline wrote:

They look fab on you!!! Love them. I really want a pair so I'm hoping that we'll get a pair in at work that actually fits me. I 100% agree on covering lady parts when wearing leggings too! Haha. I hope that you have been staying warm today too!! 🙂

Posted 11.18.14 Reply
  13. Cute! They look so good on you. I definitely make sure my lady parts are covered when I wear leggings. 🙂 haha

Posted 11.18.14 Reply

I want some, now! You are rocking them girlfriend.

Posted 11.18.14 Reply

Yes, I know – you're not happy when you're not happy with your hair!

16. Jessi Otey wrote:

Love them!!!! (and that sweater is in my fav color! Great look!)

Posted 11.18.14 Reply
  17. Love that sweater! You can beat a long comfy sweater in weather like this, especially with a pocket across the front. I've found myself on the hunt for longer baggy sweaters, eventually I'm going to look in my closet and that will be all I have! What are the plans for the hair? Any big changes coming?!

Posted 11.18.14 Reply
  18. You are rocking the leather leggings! Love! I'm getting my hair done next week, too and am counting down the days 🙂

Posted 11.18.14 Reply

Cute outfit today and gorgeous pictures! Don't apologize for your hair, it doesn't look bad at all!

Posted 11.18.14 Reply

Loveeeee leather leggigns!! These look amazing on you! And love the oversized sweater with them!!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Posted 11.18.14 Reply

Karly they look so good on you!!! I have wanted to try them ever since that Leather post I did!!! I need to make a trip to Kohls to find them!! I'm glad to hear they're comfortable!!

• Today was a good day to have a great day. ☀️ #happy #thursdaythoughts