High Five for Friday

Happy Friday!

I hope everybody is welcoming the weekend with open arms just like me. Temperatures are supposed to be back up in the 40s – can we say heat wave? – so at least I won’t freeze each time I step outside the front door.

We are kicking off the weekend tonight with Friday Night Fish Fry with my brother and then continuing on with attempting to get a majority of our packing done. Ryan is home for the whole weekend, so I need to take advantage of having an extra set of hands and strength around to lift and carry boxes from room to room. Hopefully we also will get out to the movies – there seems to be a lot of good ones out right now. Any suggestions?

Wherever you are and whatever you do, I hope you have a great weekend! Here’s a quick recap of the week. (Sorry for the lack of photos this week – it was a busy one!)

1. Have I mentioned that we are moving into our new home in two weeks? *happy dance*

2. Thanks to Netflix, I’ve been binge-watching Once Upon a Time for the past week. Oh. em. gee. I can’t believe I didn’t start watching this show from the beginning! I’m officially obsessed and really can’t get enough. I’m only a few episodes into season 2, so I have a ways to go until I can catch up to the current season that’s airing on TV.

3. So, I made my first chocolate chip cookie in a mug the other night. Holy moly – those things are like a single-serving of heaven. If my waistline would allow me to make them on a daily basis, you can bet that I would.

4. I am nearly done with our Christmas shopping, and I LOVE it. I’m not wrapping anything until we get into the new house, but I’m much more relaxed knowing that I now can take my time with wrapping without running around like a banshee buying last-minute gifts. Has anybody else gotten a jump start on their holiday shopping this year, or am I just nuts?

5. Ryan caught this adorable candid moment between Finn and I earlier this week while I was prepping to take photos for a blog post. (I’m not obsessed with my dog or anything … ha!). This is absolutely going in a frame and on my desk in the new house.

Linking up with:
the ladies at oh, Hey Friday! | the ladies at Five on Friday

1. Looove that picture of you and Finn! So exciting that moving is just around the corner – how nice to already have your holiday shopping done, one less thing to worry about!

Posted 11.24.14 Reply
  2. Chelsea Williams wrote:

Wow I am jealous you are almost done with Christmas shopping, I have so much to do… Hope you have a great weekend
    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

Posted 11.24.14 Reply
  3. I'm typically never this far ahead in Christmas shopping – I think our pending move kicked me into gear! It has been extremely cold here, so 40/50-degree weather does feel warm! You're right, though – at least I can wear all my cozy clothes. Happy Sunday!

Posted 11.23.14 Reply
  4. Mili wrote:

You're almost done with your Christmas shopping?! I wish I had half of your efficiency lol. It must be reaaaally cold if 40 degrees is a heat wave! At least you get to wear super cozy sweaters and scarves 🙂

Mili

Posted 11.23.14 Reply
  5. Thanks, girl!

Posted 11.22.14 Reply
  6. Hi, Amber – thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll continue to follow along. 🙂 Once Upon a Time is seriously amazeballs! Like I said, I'm kicking myself for not following it from the beginning – it is fun to binge watch though and not wait a week between episodes! I'm glad to hear you liked Hunger Games – we are hoping to see it tonight. Happy Saturday!

Posted 11.22.14 Reply
  7. It's hard to believe we are moving 2 weeks from today! Fingers crossed the weather holds out. Happy Saturday!

Posted 11.22.14 Reply
  8. Hi, Erin! Thanks for stopping by – hopefully you'll stick around. 🙂 We are hoping to see Hunger Games tonight, too. Hope you enjoyed it!

Posted 11.22.14 Reply
  9. Trust me – it is lethal and wonderful all at the same time. 🙂 Happy Saturday!

10. Thanks, girl!

Posted 11.22.14 Reply
  11. Haha, the struggle now with not making the cookie in a mug every night is real! It is so delicious. Did you wake up to a sheet of ice this morning? This weather is just ridiculous. Stay warm, and happy Saturday!

Posted 11.22.14 Reply
  12. It has been so cold! We woke up to a sheet of ice this morning, so hopefully that melts later today. Happy Saturday!

Posted 11.22.14 Reply
  13. I can't wait to show you the new house – it will be so fun!

Posted 11.22.14 Reply
  14. I'm working on catching up! I know the current season has the whole Frozen thing going on, so I'm anxious to get there. Girl, you need to try the cookie in a mug – I think it would be the perfect fix to any pregnancy cravings! 🙂 Happy Saturday!

Posted 11.22.14 Reply
  15. I think the move motivated me to be on top of it this year – we still have my husband's family to shop for, but usually that isn't as tricky as my family! Happy Saturday!

Posted 11.22.14 Reply
  16. Yes, you do need to Google it immediately! There are so many recipes out there – I didn't have any eggs in the house, so I specifically looked for eggless recipes. SO delish. Thanks, girl for your sweet words – I can't wait to get in there and take photos for a home tour!

Posted 11.22.14 Reply
  17. Aw what a cute photo and definitely frame worthy 🙂 Good luck with the move that's too exciting!

18. Amber Long wrote:

Congrats on moving! Girl, Once Upon A Time is absolutley AMAZING! I've been sold from the very beginning. Me and a few of my friends went and saw Mockingjay tonight. It was soooo good! Oh, and that picture of you and your puppy is tresure. This is my first time reading your blog and I really enjoyed it! I am looking forward to your next post. 🙂

19. Becky M wrote:

Yay! Your move is so close! And that last picture is adorable! Love it!

Posted 11.22.14 Reply
  20. I love that picture of you and your dog! And my husband and I are going to see Hunger Games tonight! I'm really excited!

I'm so glad to have found your blog! Hello from a fellow Heartland girl! 🙂

Posted 11.21.14 Reply
  21. Amazing you're almost done with your Christmas shopping! I'm struggling like whoa this year. A cookie in a cup sounds lethal – and wonderful ha. Happy weekend 🙂

Posted 11.21.14 Reply
  22. Ashley Angle wrote:

That is a great pic of you and your fur baby! Can't wait to read more about your new house and moving process. Happy Friday!
    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

Posted 11.21.14 Reply
  23. SO jealous you are done with your holiday shopping, I haven't even started yet! This heat wave better be real, because this weather has just been painful! That is one of the reasons I've been afraid to try any of those desserts in a mug, for fear I would eat it ALL the time! Happy weekend girl!

Posted 11.21.14 Reply
  24. Good for you for being done with your holiday shopping! Chris and I have only gotten one gift. That chocolate chip cookie in a mug sounds yummy, and that picture is precious. Definitely a framer!! I'm ready for this heat wave too haha. It's been freezing here and ugh the wind!! I hope that you have a wonderful weekend lady!! 🙂

Posted 11.21.14 Reply

2 weeks until the big move – woohoo! I cannot wait to see the new house! Amen to the Christmas shopping, trying to get done before December madness sets in. The picture of you and Finn is just too cute!

Posted 11.21.14 Reply
  26. I'm glad you are liking Once Upon a Time!! It has been really good this season, so hurry and catch up! I'm so jealous you are done with Christmas shopping. I haven't even started! I've seen those chocolate chip cookies in a mug and surprisingly I haven't ever tried them. I might have to get on that this weekend! Yum! Have a fab weekend lady!

Posted 11.21.14 Reply

So jealous your almost done with your Christmas shopping! I haven't even started. I really want to get it done soon though so I probably should get on that. And love that pic of you and Finn! So cute! Happy Friday!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Posted 11.21.14 Reply

Chocolate chip cookies in a mug – i need to google this immediately!! I'm so excited for you guys and your new home- can't wait for the home tour!! Hope you have a great weekend!!

Posted 11.21.14 Reply